Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] I Would Kill For a Flight Invite

OP Hypno BTW

Anyone else absolutely pumped for the Halo Reach PC flight and didn’t get an invite?

Please respond with an “F” so I know I’m not alone in the “not participating” in the flight category.
Same, but we have to wait like everyone else :/
Be patient, you'll be able to play soon.
F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to 2 Halo: Reach events and stream Halo all the time still. But, we give people like Summit1G access to play because he's a known twitch streamer. But, hey I bet he'll give you really good input because he's played Halo all his life and knows how it should feel and play. 343 trying to get big, but not actually using the community that tries to back the games up and give them support and tips and help. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Hypno BTW wrote:
Anyone else absolutely pumped for the Halo Reach PC flight and didn’t get an invite?

Please respond with an “F” so I know I’m not alone in the “not participating” in the flight category.
You do realize that 343i/Microsoft have something to share more information at Inside Xbox Event in London, UK, regarding Halo Reach which begins at November 14 at 12 PM Pacific Time.
How often do they invite?
Festerguts wrote:
How often do they invite?
Rarely. They've sent out 3 batches of invites for the current flight with the 3rd (and possibly final) batch sent out today.
F

I'm sad...
Not everyone is going to get an invite, just how these things go. Being the first to join, one of the first to play CE or having the best spec PC doesn't mean you're going to be invited. Just because you feel you should be invited doesn't necessarily mean you actually should be.

343 haven't, and likely won't, release the criteria they look for during flights because a lot of that can change between builds depending on what they need to test. They will pick people who have been invited previously and have a good track record of providing feedback, which makes sense to do. The rest of the invites will be taken from the Insider pool that matches whatever criteria they need - whether it's lower spec machines to test performance or players with specific GPUs to test bugs.

Additionally, 343 has only sent invites out to a very small number of content creators and other users. It works out at much less than 1 out of every 100 invites. Being a streamer or someone who makes videos is not going to give you any better chances t being selected.

Hypno BTW wrote:
Let's not encourage spam in the future, thanks.