Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] MCC Flight – February/March 2021!

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13
Photolysis wrote:
  • Area of Game: "The Exchange" (store coming to MCC with no real-world currency tie-ins, hopefully forever)
"The Exchange" | My Feedback (Link is ImgBB, bb)Using super sophisticated editing software (Paint™), I've illustrated my quick thoughts on each of the current exchange rates for 3 of the "Upcoming Items" used as placeholders (I hope) for the upcoming Season (6) of MCC. I apologize in advance for the editing. It's awful. :)

The 3 items are rewards that were previously given out after completing "Seasonal Challenges" (Complete "Endure" ODST Challenge, Reach Rank 20 in any ranked playlist, Get 300 Assault Rifle kills).

Long story short:A lot of rewards from Season Challenges were a pain (dare I say, a challenge) to get. Had I been given the 2 options of grinding or using season points to get those rewards, I would have not thought twice and spent the season points (I can attest to many others having the same thought). Especially with the low amount currently in place. 15 points total to get 2 items that I spent hours/days (Hours = Bug Skin for Buck, Days = H3 Sniper skin due to... well, the image explains it)? I'd easily opt for spending the points over time/frustration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My solution:Don't include Seasonal Challenge rewards that were actually difficult (no hand-holding) to get in The Exchange. It was like this with Recon in Halo 3. If you had it back in the day, people knew you were the hippest kid/30-year-old on the block. Later, it was given out for free to everyone. Who's to say whether people unlocked it legit or got it free? Who knows. People are as only as good as their word (in terms of Recon, it's amazing how everyone that plays now magically unlocked it via Vid Masters back in the day).

If you absolutely must include these items (because reasons) then make the point amount higher. For the H3 sniper skin, if we're translating frustration to points here, 150 points. Yup. Oh yea, I said it. I get the idea of:

"If players didn't have time to play back when these items were originally available to complete these Seasonal Challenges, this creates a second opportunity for them to grab them now".

To that, I say that each Seasonal Challenge (to get these cool, unique, hard to get...) gave players 1-2 months of time to complete the challenge(s). Tons of time to:
  1. Be aware that these challenges exist (you'd be amazed how many people scrambled last minute to get these, or that weren't aware the challenges/rewards even existed. Yes, they play MCC regularly)
  2. Plan on how to get them (but who needs planning?... probably those people that waited last minute).
  3. Embrace the CHALLENGE and actually execute & reap the reward(s).
Sounds like a lot of work, right? Yes, a challenge that gives you ample time to complete should be a challenge.
Cool. Now imagine you tried to unlock ranked skins while every single game you're paired with teammates going -10 due to the broken rank system.

And then we can tell you you're just bad for not unlocking it, and make posts about how you shouldn't be able to get it in other ways 5 months later.

If you got the matches I get in ranked, you would not be posting this.
I did indeed get those matches (read the text in the picture linked at the top of the og comment).

Derankers/Quitters, Betrayers, AFK-ers, everything. I'd play solo and match teams of 4 while my teammates were learning what the joysticks on the controller did (or how to move the mouse on PC).

I did indeed get the matches you got in ranked, and yes, I am posting about it. You're not bad if you didn't get it, but I did encounter the same issues (whether you choose to believe it or not). The only difference is I kept going and got it.

I also mentioned that if 343 insists on re-adding these rewards back in through The Exchange, they certainly shouldn't be 10 points or less. You had to go through the same pain I did, so certainly you'd agree, right?
Everyone got those matchups.

The difference is, the people who ended up reaching 15, 20, 25 are the people who stuck with it and didn't let their rage get the best of them.

Tired of -Yoink- teammates? How about you go on a forum, use the Xbox app, or DM the few decent players you did match with (or against) and start a group together. Be proactive. Don't immediately start -Yoinking!- and quit. That's exactly how matchmaking was designed to weed out the weak.
I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

I've unlocked everything to date that Seasonal Challenges have awarded. I got to 15, 20, 25, stuck with it in doing so.

I have a gut feeling you didn't read anything I provided on the picture, or read any of the text in the Waypoint comment so I'll sum it up very clearly:

Seasonal Challenges hard.
Seasonal Challenges be hard.
Only those willing to go through completing those seasonal challenges should reap the reward(s). They're Seasonal Challenges. You're given time (1-2 months in MCC's case) to complete these challenges. Tons of time, despite whatever -Blam!- you encounter.

Why should people spend 5-10 Season Points (you say you grinded for the ranks, so you understand how simple it is to rack up 5-10 Season Points) to get the same thing other people grinded their -Yoinks!- off for?
Uh I was agreeing with you and disagreeing with @Photolysis.
Waypoint comments get messy. I apologize. :)
Quote:
Photolysis wrote:
Clearly you did not get that every single game, or to the same extent because you simply wouldn't get it. You can't rank up if you lose 3 of 4 games. I'm not going to deny the crap you also had to put up with because I completely believe you, but it's obvious that it wasn't as bad for you as it is for me.

I can see from your stats that you're a skilled player, I am as well. But skill can't drag your team to a win when your teammates are so bad that it's an improvement if they quit. If the rest of your team has a collective K/D of -20, sure, if you're very skilled. But not when it's -40. And not when you end up with a win rate of 25% because of it.

The other week I had to play about 10 ranked games to get the 2 wins. Nothing to do with any lack of skill on my part, or because the opposition was in another league but because of bad teammates. If I could clone myself, or at least get reasonable matches that would shoot up. I've never had any problem ranking up in any Halo game except MCC.

Ranked rewards are stupid if the entire system of matchmaking is completely broken. If it worked as it should, then I'd agree.

Aside from the ranked skins for the reasons I've mentioned, I've unlocked every other challenge skin in the game. It doesn't bother me if someone can get it 6 months later. And the kind of person who hasn't got it probably isn't sitting on 200 season points anyway.
(each # is responding to each of your blocks of text)

1. I'm aware of how ranking systems work in Halo. Playing solo, I'd get close games (because I'd be backpacking) to the point where I'd be talking my team saying "Just hide for 30 seconds", hoping that they could hear me (naturally they didn't use their mics so I felt like I was talking to myself, just hoping they'd hear me). This resulted in 50-49 games, 49-48 games, etc (butt clenching games). Saying "but it's obvious that it wasn't as bad for you as it is for me" is out of my control. I turned on my Xbox, searched (getting 80-100 ping might I add), got games. I searched right as the challenges came up, and for the coming days too until I got it. Prime time when everyone was grinding. So the "it wasn't as bad for you as it is for me" is like the boy who cried wolf. I'm not about it.

2. In some games (see response 1), it did. Close af games. In other games, of course not. It's always been like that. Sometimes teammates hiding can be the key to you winning. When your teammates leave/betray, obviously those games will be a loss. For the ratio of games between bad & good ones "They weren't as bad for me as they were for you", type of games. I don't know bro. I'd grind all day until I was burned out, and hop on early to grind more (something that's been ingrained in me since H2...)

3. This just feeds more into 1 & 2. I got the games I did. I searched solo until 15 (that's where it got impossible for me no matter what I did in game or said to my teammates) & then matched up with someone who I found in matchmaking going through the same thing (with rank 15 being the threshold).

I guess to bounce back to you saying "Clearly you did not get that every single game, or to the same extent because you simply wouldn't get it. You can't rank up if you lose 3 of 4 games. I'm not going to deny the crap you also had to put up with because I completely believe you, but it's obvious that it wasn't as bad for you as it is for me.", I'll throw my own in there and say "Clearly you didn't get as lucky as me".
Great work on the Flight, here is my feedback on "The Exchange" and more broadly Season 6:
  • I agree with the sentiment that the harder challenges' rewards should remain hard to get, therefore having a Season Point price tag to match is a must (that is if they appear in "The Exchange" at all).
  • The current design of "The Exchange store" is a bit sparse, I'd recommend a redesign to fill the space better.
  • Season Point prices would probably be best priced in fives or even numbers. i.e. 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc... With the exception of special events/items or discounts.
Therefore, here is an image depicting these possible changes: https://imgur.com/a/VMpnZR7
  • With the amount of content now in the game (and soon to be) unlockable via Season Points, I think that Season Points should still be earned after each xp level up. i.e. No artificial cut off point. The xp leveling system has effectively no incentives tied to it beyond those first few levels, and with how long it takes to level up in the later levels, it would be nice to get a Season Point after gaining hundreds of thousands of xp. This would especially help out newer or more casual players who don't log on every week for challenges or haven't had the chance to.
Thank you for your time!
I think fundamentally I disagree with allowing more prestigious skins or rewards to be placed on the exchange at any cost really. I also think those rewards should remain available either rotationally or maybe just restrict their acquisition to playlists you feel will be permanent too because just having them be unavailable forever is also a problem. More to my first sentences sentiment though on a basic level you pretty much remove everything that makes a prestige reward cool when you just hand it out for currency later on. The fun and interesting part of those rewards is that they're earned not purchased and putting them on the exchange ruins that.

I do agree that it IS a problem when those rewards become unobtainable (unless you really really want something to be rare and special) but defeating the purpose by making them something you can purchase is the wrong way to fix it. Rotationally reintroducing things like the recon playlist sometimes or maybe considering another playlist to reward it from would be better ways to fix it I think
FEEDBACK FOR THE EXCHANGE AND VIEWMODEL ADJUSTER

the exchange is actually really cool, i like that it adds more things to get once you complete the current season, just please dont start selling season points, it will kill the really good integrity that mcc has currently

as for viewmodel adjuster, im basically just gonna repeat my previous feedback since its a new update and nothing changed on the viewmodel adjuster:

Its a good start, but it can be much better, heres how

First of all allow us to adjust it foward, up, right, and left. Right now only down and back is limiting.

Even more limiting is only going to 15%, let us go to 200% if we wanted to, maybe even allow us to remove the whole gun from the screen if we wanna go full tf2 pro
Options are always better

Finally add a reference screen in the menu so we know how its going to look before saving the changes, its a little tedious to click through the menu, save, click out, and then be unhappy with how it looks and do it all over again

Just wanna exit out that I love that this is being added to the game, its something I wanted since the game came out on pc, so might as well make it the best viewmodel adjuster ever
Ok, so there are a few things I want to say:

Firstly: I'm disappointed with the sudden removal of the Katana chest and the challenge locking of the sword, generally speaking removing content is a big nono, and the way it was done here with something available since MCC launched is all sorts of not ok, especially to the legacy visual players who have been adamantly behind maintaining the original selection from halo 3. security being added as a separate chest at least made sense due to the inconsolable limitations the helmet attachment has as far as the chests are concerned, but I'd urge the team to reconsider this decision and simply have the new back-slot katana be mirrored to face the opposite shoulder to the current one, and have the original katana chest restored. (similar complaint to a lesser extent goes for the removal of the second machete from sword n' board, kinda kills the point of it being the "legendary" shield, no?)

Secondly: the new SP shop, it does nullify the prestige of many unlocks from seasons prior, however some challenges such as mister chief or avalanche had abysmal requirements that unfortunately ruined the experience for many who actually attempted these. I'm not sure whether an SP shop was the right way to rectify the issue, but honestly this kind of in-game content should have never been limited run in the first place. I would recommend creating some sort of nameplate that will never be in the shop for those who earned each through the challenges as a consolation at the very least.

Thirdly: Read the unlock file, caught onto that cheeky lil' Seven reference you folks made in halo 3, even though I kinda wish those sets were all released for this season. Outside of that, It's nice to know H2A is getting some much needed TLC soon, so thank you for leaving the hints for those clever few who seek. I'm still curious what the status is for the "Preserve" chest, since it was expected that it would be added last season or this season before the FTR sets were revealed, and yet no hide nor hair of it has been seen since just like the status of the remaining halo 4 content such as the 4 champions bundle armors, the Cut Concrete DMR skin, and the Mcfarlane figure weapon skins. (perhaps it's being saved for a season that incorporates the [w] variants to the chest armor pool in reach, maybe? but it's still painful to know what we're still missing out on.)

Finally: I'm still hoping Halo 3 Elites get a Biped rework like Spartans received for season 5, I still speak for almost everyone when I say that it's long overdue for Elite players to earn the much requested armor sets from H:O, and have more customization options integrated. I know it's probably gonna be released eventually just like Icebox and Reactor will, but still.
Photolysis wrote:
  • Area of Game: "The Exchange" (store coming to MCC with no real-world currency tie-ins, hopefully forever)
"The Exchange" | My Feedback (Link is ImgBB, bb)Using super sophisticated editing software (Paint™), I've illustrated my quick thoughts on each of the current exchange rates for 3 of the "Upcoming Items" used as placeholders (I hope) for the upcoming Season (6) of MCC. I apologize in advance for the editing. It's awful. :)

The 3 items are rewards that were previously given out after completing "Seasonal Challenges" (Complete "Endure" ODST Challenge, Reach Rank 20 in any ranked playlist, Get 300 Assault Rifle kills).

Long story short:A lot of rewards from Season Challenges were a pain (dare I say, a challenge) to get. Had I been given the 2 options of grinding or using season points to get those rewards, I would have not thought twice and spent the season points (I can attest to many others having the same thought). Especially with the low amount currently in place. 15 points total to get 2 items that I spent hours/days (Hours = Bug Skin for Buck, Days = H3 Sniper skin due to... well, the image explains it)? I'd easily opt for spending the points over time/frustration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My solution:Don't include Seasonal Challenge rewards that were actually difficult (no hand-holding) to get in The Exchange. It was like this with Recon in Halo 3. If you had it back in the day, people knew you were the hippest kid/30-year-old on the block. Later, it was given out for free to everyone. Who's to say whether people unlocked it legit or got it free? Who knows. People are as only as good as their word (in terms of Recon, it's amazing how everyone that plays now magically unlocked it via Vid Masters back in the day).

If you absolutely must include these items (because reasons) then make the point amount higher. For the H3 sniper skin, if we're translating frustration to points here, 150 points. Yup. Oh yea, I said it. I get the idea of:

"If players didn't have time to play back when these items were originally available to complete these Seasonal Challenges, this creates a second opportunity for them to grab them now".

To that, I say that each Seasonal Challenge (to get these cool, unique, hard to get...) gave players 1-2 months of time to complete the challenge(s). Tons of time to:
  1. Be aware that these challenges exist (you'd be amazed how many people scrambled last minute to get these, or that weren't aware the challenges/rewards even existed. Yes, they play MCC regularly)
  2. Plan on how to get them (but who needs planning?... probably those people that waited last minute).
Sounds like a lot of work, right? Yes, a challenge that gives you ample time to complete should be a challenge.
Cool. Now imagine you tried to unlock ranked skins while every single game you're paired with teammates going -10 due to the broken rank system.

And then we can tell you you're just bad for not unlocking it, and make posts about how you shouldn't be able to get it in other ways 5 months later.

You think I wasn't in that exact same boat when I got the 15 / 25 myself? It took ages, lots of frustrating games, it's ranked. The Halo 4 one in particular was too hard but I still got it because I decided to learn Halo 4 competitive tricks and found a stack of good players. Easily the hardest thing in Halo I've done and I have got nearly all the achievements but LASO runs. Now like 3 months later it's just given away, it makes me less inclined to bother getting a stack together for future challenges.

MCC has loads of nameplates that are really rare, required you to get your map into matchmaking rotations or something, all kinds of "if you missed it you missed it" stuff. It makes people feel unique in their customisation, I don't see why having a small skin is different. I don't want the more unique 2014 Xbox One nameplates to enter the store.
Omega399 wrote:
I would recommend creating some sort of nameplate that will never be in the shop for those who earned each through the challenges as a consolation at the very least.
I would very much be happy with this, reaching 25 on Halo 4 Squad Battles was harder than anything I've done in Halo. People on my stack were cheering when we hit it because it took so many days of grinding and ridiculously hard wins against very good players.

I don't know what the stats are on it from 343i's side but I would not be surprised if it were <1% who got it, even <0.1%. It's not terribly fair to basically give that away 3 months later.
It's good you can unlock that stuff with season points. It's impossible for me to find a match in ranked so it wasn't fair.

**Great that the Katana is a backpack now but make sure it's still usable with skins etc turned off.
-Halo 3, halo reach, halo 2, halo 2 anniversary and halo 4
  1. -more customization for the elites how legs, shoulders, arma, helmet, color of lights, etc. (Halo reach, halo 2, halo 2 anniversary and halo 3)
  2. -Armors Mark IV, ODST and Perfect (halo 4).
  3. -skinsfor weapon and vehicles (halo 2 and halo 2 anniversary)
https://images.app.goo.gl/GrruuHmtsmjT9Qbb8
https://images.app.goo.gl/EyH636twQPBeM3pV9
https://images.app.goo.gl/Ft8ih1tzbcP5s45Y8
https://images.app.goo.gl/NsdBKoRbZALkZ28v9
https://images.app.goo.gl/D2FHzA6kQhAV5MHa7
  • Area of Game:
    Store for gone seasonal content
    I'd like if the items werent limited temporarily and in number, instead start with said contents of the first 2 seasons and add more stuff when its season has been gone for enough time.
    Also i'd rather see this menu point implemented in the current seasonal content menu as an additional 'Season 0' instead of having its own menu point. This is for a more userfriendly UI in terms of overview of what a player has already unlocked and also to keep seasonal contents together in one place rather than having 2 seperate menu points for them
Area of Game: Customization Options

I like that the LEDs on the new Halo Online armor match your armor color. However, I think it would look better if it matches either your Secondary or Tertiary color. Having the LEDs blend in with your Primary color doesn’t really look that good imo. Alternatively, you could let us choose what color the LEDs are, which would probably be the better option
Photolysis wrote:

I did indeed get those matches (read the text in the picture linked at the top of the og comment).

Derankers/Quitters, Betrayers, AFK-ers, everything. I'd play solo and match teams of 4 while my teammates were learning what the joysticks on the controller did (or how to move the mouse on PC).

I did indeed get the matches you got in ranked, and yes, I am posting about it. You're not bad if you didn't get it, but I did encounter the same issues (whether you choose to believe it or not). The only difference is I kept going and got it.

I also mentioned that if 343 insists on re-adding these rewards back in through The Exchange, they certainly shouldn't be 10 points or less. You had to go through the same pain I did, so certainly you'd agree, right?
Everyone got those matchups.

The difference is, the people who ended up reaching 15, 20, 25 are the people who stuck with it and didn't let their rage get the best of them.

Tired of -Yoink- teammates? How about you go on a forum, use the Xbox app, or DM the few decent players you did match with (or against) and start a group together. Be proactive. Don't immediately start -Yoinking!- and quit. That's exactly how matchmaking was designed to weed out the weak.
Not everyone. I spent Days to search a single match for arctic sniper skin and still couldn’t find it. Not everyone can find a match and im happy i can finally use it and don’t have to mod the game to use it in custom games
Hey all, I signed up for Flight Testing a few months ago and was wondering how long it takes roughly to get invited to take part in the flight testing?
Barongda wrote:
Hey all, I signed up for Flight Testing a few months ago and was wondering how long it takes roughly to get invited to take part in the flight testing?
Signing up during an existing flight generally limits your potential of getting an invite, but if you're opted in and ready then you should be ok for any future flights that come up. Sometimes there are additional waves of invites done during a flight, but not always.
Also, for future note, this is the feedback thread for the current flight and isn't geared towards support questions. You can make a new topic about that if you need to moving forward
I have a problem. I cant find any match☹️🙁😕
I have a problem. I cant find any match☹️🙁😕
All Multiplayer scheduled play sessions are Pacific Time (UTC – 7): H3 Social 4v4, 2v2, and FFA: 10AM – 1PM & 5PM – 9PM.

Try searching during these time frames.
So after my 5 ish hours of playing the flight across multiple game modes, messing around in forge and customs, along with plenty of time in the customization menu- here’s my two cents.
<ul class="_33MEMislY0GAlB78wL1_CR">
  • MAP FLOW/FUNCTIONALITY
  • [/list]So I genuinely enjoyed playing across all game modes on all maps, but the pacing can be very inconsistent. When it comes to slayer in particular from my experience, Edge can seem like you’re playing ring around the rosey trying to find enemies at times, but aside from that, I love it. I think it shines particularly in objective game types. The long open concept hallways allow for interesting use of cover mechanics and intelligent team plays. Overall, I’d say it can play slow in slayer since it was designed with sprint in mind, but I think it makes up for this in terms of unique map design and gameplay for halo 3 in particular.
    Waterfall I feel is more so inconsistent with slayer game types. It’s lots of fun in objective game types, and even in action sack slayer variants. Playing regular auto/ BR slayer is a great time, but it feels like a lot of the map isn’t utilized. The majority of players are constantly rushing the center room since the two power weapons are essentially in the same part of the map. I think generally this map would play better in 6v6 or even 8v8 since it’s bigger than it feels just walking through it. Maybe some weapon spawn placement adjustments could balance this particularly for 4v4.
    <ul class="_33MEMislY0GAlB78wL1_CR">
  • WEAPON VIEW MODEL ADJUSTMENTS
  • [/list]I think u/NesquikBF4 summed up this section pretty well, nuff said.
    -NEW CUSTOMIZATION
    So a lot of this is obviously going to be personal preference, though I have seen some other people in this discussion thread mention that we’d like to see the crowbar from sandtrap get added as a back accessory, especially since it’s a reference to Half Life, which paved the way for halo in many ways. I think it would only be the right thing to do, and a cool, calculated callback. I think the fire axe should have some more wear and tear, and the colors should be darker shades of red and yellow, since as it is, it looks like a toy. We should also have the katana as a back accessory, though facing the opposite side so we can have double swords when wearing the hayabusa chest piece. This would also only be right, as the katana was the original and only back accessory. Please do right by it.
    Lastly, I personally think the sword and board should be smaller and more worn. Maybe even have the shield a bit darker too. Make it look like how it does when selecting the difficulty in halo 3 from the campaign menu, give it more scratches and what not. I love all the armor, ODST variants and the halo online armors are both great, speaking for myself here.
    To anyone reading this, I sincerely appreciate it. I hope these constructive criticisms are taken into consideration! Thank you for everything you’ve been doing 343, we appreciate it.
    Don't bother creating Season 6-10 challenges if you're just going to let me purchase their "rewards" with zero effort in a couple months. I'll go back to playing CP2077 on my OG PS4 while I wait for the easy unlocks.

This also adds another dimension to FOMO. Now, I have to hold an uncertain amount of season points in reserve at all times and login at least once a week just in case you release exchange store exclusive items like you've alluded to.

First gambling and pay to win REQ packs and now free handouts for everyone. You're never going to please everyone no matter what you do. But these two opposite extremes are blatantly wrong and borderline unethical.

- - -

I love the additional content and features you're adding to my favorite game series of all time, but you're really missing the mark with how you're managing access to it.
    dude527 wrote:
    I agree with you except what you've said about Waterfall, it is a wonderful map. I'd honestly rank it up there with maps like Guardian.

P.S. *bursts through the door* I have some more feedback! Regarding backpacks/accessories I agree Effects should be added and on that note I have thought of one that I really, really want...a floating glowing halo. Ala Dragon Ball Z. Please, make it so!
    I agree with this man
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 10
    4. 11
    5. 12
    6. ...
    7. 13