Okay now that I have had the chance to play the new maps I can give a bit more of a detailed review to go with my customization feedback from earlier.
Played on Xbox One S
This map is visually stunning. It is easily one of my favorite maps in the entirety of MCC. The depth of the Forerunner details on one side of the map along with the Sentinels gives you the feeling you are in a Forerunner location. I caught myself stopping and appreciating the visuals several times throughout my matches. The gameplay is fun and the center bridge holding overshield etc gives incentive to go for it but it is not without risk. On the outside part of the map, the elevation changes give options for different tactics and overall the map is a blast to play on.
I had some performance issues on this one with framerate drop towards the center of the map. The map visually looks great and I appreciated the details such as the Pelican flying in the background and the holographic display. I also had some issues with spawning right into someone's fire making for frustration occasionally. The different levels of the map allow for flanking and other fun gameplay. Overall the map is good, but Edge was my clear favorite.
This is my favorite feature of the flight. I love the idea of giving players a chance to get limited time items they may have missed out on. As someone who is grinding to 152 on Halo 5, I haven't had the time to play MCC as much as I've wanted so i am excited to get a chance at some of the things I missed
- The audio cue while matchmaking is a nice touch. Sometimes while waiting for matches or in someone's party I have been unaware the game is about to start so this is a nice change.
- The sword and board back accessory change is much better than the 2 swords originally.
- I enjoyed the option to change my reticle from lowered to centered.
- The season 6 pass is missing a few logos for items such as one of the new visors. I'm sure this is known as this is pre-release though.
- The animated banners are a great add, specifically the ring one.
On my last post I did not touch on the new weapon and vehicle skins. Black Rhine is a great looking skin and is very visually pleasing in game. The Fireteam Raven camos are also a nice add and represent each of the members of the fireteam well. The blue was specifically my favorite. Lastly, wow the Rhine armor looks GREAT. I enjoy having these Forerunner inspired armors in the game as they have such a distinct look and really matches the futuristic vibes of Halo.
Edit: I’m glad the gap issue was fixed on the sabatons on the tech suits.
- Add elite armors. Arbiter, Honor Guard, or Halo Online armors would be a very nice add and please Elite players (like me) in the community
- On loading screens, (for example playing Halo 3 BR) it would be a nice detail to have the icon of the Battle Rifle match up to the game you are playing.