Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] MCC Flight – February/March 2021!

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
I'm very happy with this new season and what it brings to the game.

After several matchmaking games in halo 3, I noticed that there is a huge drop in FPS in the new Cascade map (name of the map in French) which is really unpleasant to play in this map.

My configuration is as follows: Xbox one X, 4k monitor, FOV in 120.

Some friends who play with me have the same feeling on this map and they are on a normal Xbox One.

I hope this will help to fix this in the final version.

A big thank you 343I for these great new additions to the game, it's a great rejuvenation for halo 3.
stckrboy wrote:
hello, have two doubts:
-After the flighting is done, do we get to keep the game on steam?
-Is it ok to stream gameplay on twitch?
Please let me know

Thank you
No, after flighting ends the build will be stubbed and no longer accessible.
You are more than welcome to stream and make content during flights :)
thanks for the reply, i thought about three more questions even tho im not sure i should ask them here but anyways:
-I am in the PC flight but i also happen to have an xbox controller i can use, should i also provide feedback while playing with the controller from time to time? Would that be relevant data at all?
-Is it ok for me to change some key bindings? (im more used to E being the melee button in most FPS games) I assume it would be better for the flight to leave all default settings as they are but i just wanted to make sure if controllers is something each of us can fiddle with
-I also have an old xbox 360 that still works fine (it was fixed during the red ring of death debacle tho) if i do some side by side comparisons of the games running on actual hardware, would that be useful information?
Sorry to inundate you with all these questions, its my first flight lol
Thank you
Whichever input you feel comfortable playing on is fine. You can change key bindings to suit yourself, that's also not a problem.
Essentially, have a look at the flight overview on the Support site and see what the test goals of the flight are and try to focus feedback based on the content and features that are being added.
Before I give feedback I just want to say thanks for the invite.

Yes I am a 70 year old Gamer. TRUE LOL!

I'm running Halo MCC for PC Steam Version.

OK. Here I go...

1. Forge in Halo 3 is still broken.
2. No copy command.
3. Fixed and Phased still does not work. ( Ticket number 76864 no replies yet on this issue. )
4. I don't play in the social game areaa at all. I play in the Custom Games area only.

Question. How are you going to get people to join a custom game to test the 2 converted maps from Halo Online
if you have no game browser for people to join and test these 2 maps? I would like to test these maps.
__

Please Advise.
__

PM me if possible So I can give a private Suggestion.
Area of Feedback: Customization

- Viewmodel Offsets:

I have been looking forward to this option for such a long time now. I really appreciate that you guys have heard us and are taking the time to give us customization options for our weapon viewmodels.

With all due respect, the version of the offset customization present in this flight is pretty disappointing. Halo 3 has always had an issue with the weapons being too close to the screen that make the weapons look short, stubby and unnatural.

So when testing the feature it was a bit disappointing when I noticed that there were only options to bring them even closer to the screen than they are with the default values. There are a lot of people that were looking forward to being able to see more of their weapons (mainly in Halo 3). If the team includes an "up" and "forward" option this would allow us to get more natural looking viewmodels in each game but especially in Halo 3 (which has always had the worst default viewmodels of all the Halo games, imo)

Some people want their viewmodels to take up as little of the screen as possible. And for that, the "down" and "back" adjustments you have provided are great. I like the way the feature functions. The way it's laid out with "rifles, pistols, melee...etc etc" is great. It's user friendly and very easy to adjust. However, if we could get options to move "up" and "foward" as well that would make this feature even better. And if you're really feeling generous "side to side" movement options would be fantastic as well... but that is not as important as "up" and "forward".

I understand the concern that arms of the Spartan clips through certain weapons and that becomes more obvious with wider viewmodel FOV's but if it's up to each player to customize their own viewmodel then they can technically avoid that issue if it bothers them.

If you guys don't want to change this option then do you think it may be possible to just allow PC players to edit their viewmodels via the config file for each game in the MCC the way we used to with Halo: Reach?

That would be another way to allow PC players that take very specific issue with the default Halo 3 viewmodels to adjust them to their liking.
Allowing for as much viewmodel customization as possible is never a bad thing. Gamers today love having as much customization options as possible.

Thank you for all the continued hard work and support for MCC thus far.
SysopIsAFK wrote:
Question. How are you going to get people to join a custom game to test the 2 converted maps from Halo Online
if you have no game browser for people to join and test these 2 maps?
Hey Sysop, the Customs browser is going to come in a few weeks time. You'll be able to start testing out Halo Reach at first I believe
I would really like to see grenades blowing up other grenades. And shooting at dropped and idle grenades for an added element of strategy and realism to the battlefield.
I don’t know if this is even possible but if so, the blue glaciers on Waterfall would look so much better if they were white like the Avalanche map. Right now the blue saturation brings the worst out in the textures and I think it would help make players stand out a bit more too. Just want to add I love that these Halo Online maps are being added. Hope Skybridge makes it in at some point!
Area of Feedback - Viewmodel Adjustments.

This feature isn't really what I expected it would be. There are no options for negative offsets so there really isn't much reason to use the feature.
I wasn't hoping the sky would be the limit but was looking forward to being able to customize the viewmodels in more ways than just "down" and "back".

Wasn't there a beta version of this feature you guys teased that had more options available?
@stckrboy

OK I figured as much as far as the Custom Game Broweer is concerned. I thought maybe there was a special way to have people join a custom for this test. O'well. I still would like somebody to PM me so I can make a suggestion. I don't want to post it in the public forums.
Tsxki wrote:

After several matchmaking games in halo 3, I noticed that there is a huge drop in FPS in the new Cascade map (name of the map in French) which is really unpleasant to play in this map.

Some friends who play with me have the same feeling on this map and they are on a normal Xbox One.

A big thank you 343I for these great new additions to the game, it's a great rejuvenation for halo 3.
I am having the same issue on a lower end pc, the map eats at my GPU and my friend who is on a base Xbox is also dropping frames.
I love the look of the map and hope that they can fix this.
Tsxki wrote:

I am having the same issue on a lower end pc, the map eats at my GPU and my friend who is on a base Xbox is also dropping frames.
I love the look of the map and hope that they can fix this.
Yes, I really hope it will be fixed soon.

I cannot find a 8x8 or 2x2 game so far.

I have only tried 4x4 on Waterfall as this is the only map that I can find. I found the map to be quite underwhelming. Would love to try something larger like Valhalla. Also I found myself rarely using the SMGs. The assault rifle seems more powerful? (Could just be me not being used to using it).

The customisations are okay. I like the axe on the back. The new animated banners are cool!

Hopefully I can find a game on the other map and try FFA or doubles soon.

Thanks for having me on this flight.
Hello everyone, here some feedback on the flight :

• Area of Game: Customization options
  • Feedback: The new models are cool, and work perfectly. The back accessory are cool too, but with a lot of chest armor they overlaps and the chest past trought the back accessory
  • Feedback 2 :About the new animated nameplate, they are cool, but an option that allow to stop the animation could be great.
  • Area of Game: New maps and features
  • Feedback: New maps are cool and feel balenced. On Waterfall, the fans on the walls doen't load propely and they often lack a part of their model.
  • Area of Game: Misc/Other
  • Feedback: On pc the double asignation work perflecty, in addition, 1 key who could reload both weapons in dual mode would be awsome.
  • Area of Game: Customization options (Weapons display offset)
  • Feedback: Other already points some problems : We need to save and quit the menu to show the change. Maybe allow more options to move the weapons.
While I do appreciate the ability to change your viewmodel settings, they aren't very good, the maximum of 15% change and only being able to edit 2 axis is barely noticeable. I would like to mess with my viewmodel and slap it anywhere I want. Like in the bottom middle, or be left handed or something. I don't see this to be a crazy addition that would ruin the flow of the game.
And just one small thing. I've mentioned this before but I still would love to see custom crosshairs as the old ones can be quite bulky and therefore counterproductive. Often times I just aim in the general direction of an enemy and let the magnetism take care of the rest because the crosshairs don't do a good job of being accurate.
Thank you.
Hello, I would like the graphic options to be more personalized.
Examples:
- The anisotropic filtering option can have the following options "Off", "Trilinear", "Anisotropic", "2x", "4x", "8X" and "16x".
- The Antialiasing option can have "Off", "On", "2x", "4x" and "8x".
- Quality option from "low" to "ultra" sharders
- Field of view option, “low field of view”, “medium field of view”, “high field of view” and “ultra”.
- This would help people with weaker machines and perhaps in competitive mode.

* Sorry if I made a lot of grammatical mistakes, I don't speak English.
Area of Feedback: Customization

The viewmodel adjustments don't really do much as others have pointed out. We wanted to be able to make the guns look better. Granted, the system as it is will work nicely to adjust the Halo 2 viewmodels when using centered crosshair. But for every other Halo game, we'll only be able to make our weapons look worse not better.

This is not what I expected at all. Options are extremely limiting and somehow when you finish editing your viewmodels look worse. The default settings look much better because with offsets we can only adjust weapon to go down further and closer to the screen. Thats not an improvement it's a downgrade.

Hopefully this is improved.
I'm loving the flight as well, I just think that the first person gen 1 tech suit hands look a little too smooth like they need more texture, but I guess I'm just used to the classic ones
I'm going to start by saying I love the new customization options, I especially love the color shifting visor, which I haven't seen many people mention, but I think it's super cool and would love to see more color options, and see it introduced across all of the games' customization suites (the animated name cards are also super cool). I also think the back armor options are all really incredible, I think it's a little odd to see the ODST armors on a massive spartan, but I think that's just something to get readjusted to, and not an actual negative. I also think the two new maps are gorgeous, I think it's a bit odd they're being added to halo 3, and not reach or 4, considering they were built with sprint in mind, but I'm looking forward to actually playing on them a bit regardless, however last night in forge they did have some borderline unplayable frame rates and hitching, I don't have specifics on that but I've never had frame rate issues on PC MCC in the past.

I did poke around the challenge screen and do have a little bit of an issue there. It's really disappointing to see more seasonal challenges tied to WINNING comp matches. I didn't play comp before ANVIL's challenges, so I don't know what the size of the player pool was compared to what it is now, but even if the player pool has increased, I can't imagine match quality has increased. Very often you'll have people leave mid game if the score starts to slip too far, and I honestly can't blame them, 25 wins in the sweaty playlists is tough, and when most matches will go for almost the full timer, that's a lot of wasted time, especially for people who don't have all day to play. Seeing this next season's challenges being tied to your rank is horribly demotivating. Not only do you see a lot of quitters, matchmaking is often terrible as well, if I had to guess, about 3/4ths of the comp games I've played this season have been absolute stomps, granted I've found it's about 50/50 whether or not I'm on the stompers or the stomped, matchmaking is terribly unbalanced, in my personal experience, and I can only imagine this will be worse next season, when even more people will be in one playlist, and will be playing that playlist more than they had to play comp this season. I have also had a few matches go 47-48-49 to 50, which is also incredibly demotivating, while it is better and more fun to play because those matches are obviously balanced well, to get that close and make zero progress, doesn't feel good at all. I just feel like if there is a WIN requirement for a PvP challenge, it should be in social games, and not in comp, and that any comp challenges should be tied to completions, and not wins or rank. However if the challenges are intended to be only for the best of the best, at the very least they should stay wins, and not be rank based.

I also find it odd that most of the new seasonal challenges are for halo 4, while all the new customization is for halo 3. I’m pretty sure things have been disconnected like this before, but just for the future it would be cool to be able to work on the new challenges and experience the new content and customization at the same time, rather than picking one or the other, which I think might be another reason it would be cool to see the Halo Online maps added to 4.
I notice a bug on waterfall that get's your player model stuck. If you jump into the windows facing off towards the pelican landing pad it will happen. The only way I could find to get out was by killing my character. Hope to see it get patch for full release as I can see players getting stuck there often
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13