Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] MCC Flight – February/March 2021!

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
The Fov and the mouse keyboard are workin properly, my only issue during the test are with waterfall, in certain areas the fps are lowered and i im playing on a xbox one fat. So far Edge is working pretty good
Area of the game: customization options

Feedback: the brute skin of the ghost is broken, appears me the warthog gauss skin instead the brute skin of the ghost
Yea I have the same issue, also the warthog and the wasp have buggy crystals
I really like the new content they are launching in halo mcc, the only thing I don't like is that they do not release anything new for the customization of elites.
The Fov and the mouse keyboard are workin properly, my only issue during the test are with waterfall, in certain areas the fps are lowered and i im playing on a xbox one fat. So far Edge is working pretty good
yeah! since season 5 released halo 3 with new skins in almost all maps is havin fps droping! and now with this new map waterfall its almost unplayable for who plays on xbox one fat/s. Just hope they fix this inssues with frame rate on xbox one family.
I noticed there was an option to be able to change viewmodels, I think that only adding an option to lower and/or bring the weapon closer kind of makes it redundant, especially when playing at a higher FOV
it definitely needs an option to make the weapon further away
I noticed there was an option to be able to change viewmodels, I think that only adding an option to lower and/or bring the weapon closer kind of makes it redundant, especially when playing at a higher FOV
it definitely needs an option to make the weapon further away
I second this. Don't see much use for the weapon offsets beyond lowering the super high viewmodels in Halo 2 when crosshair is set to "centered." Those definitely need to be lowered. But the rest of the games need the opposite... and 0% is the lowest we can go which is default.
Area of Game: New Maps
The new maps in this flight are absolutely a solid representation of the Halo world in terms of graphic design and aesthetics without a doubt. I know it is probably a bit late to consider some of this information as the maps are already designed, but I feel as though I should offer this feedback. They offer plenty of options tactically with many playable routes and overall have a nice feel to them. I will say for both maps, certain areas feel a bit over scaled in terms of size. While playing Edge, I kept thinking to myself "it's taking me a while to get to "x" location". I decided I should time myself in certain areas to see how long it took to traverse one side to the next. On sniper side, it takes me roughly 15 seconds to make it from one side to the other (closest to snipe spawn) from outer hallway to the opposing side, and roughly the same on rocket side. While the amount of time seems very miniscule through text, in a FPS game that is quite lengthy. If sprint were available (don't care to see it added to H3), it may not be such an issue. It would be nice to see top gold be a foot or so lower, to offer a clear shot from top red to blue, or vice versa. I know this area is basically considered a choke point in the map, but some extra counter play availability is always nice. I can't help but to feel that I can't effectively get from one area to another quickly to offer backup as a teammate unless we are all in the same sector of the map. There have been a few times where I get some unfortunate spawns, so the spawn zones may need a mild tweak to try to prevent that in the future. I can say currently I am unaware of any "game breaking" spots on the map that offer a distinct advantage, which is definitely a strong positive. Overall the map is gorgeous, but I feel like it is better suited to a newer implementation of the Halo franchise that offers sprint.

My criticisms for Waterfall so far seem to be very minimal. There are a lot of playable options, routes, etc. There is one location (in front of the forklift) that could benefit from a return to battlefield zone to guarantee that players don't try to abuse the location possibly. I haven't broken this map completely in customs yet, so another positive note. I did notice when I spawned in on red side, there is a group of pipes directly in front of me. When you try and jump to the top of it there is a push back barrier, but on the side where the radar monitor is located, there isn't one. Maybe the addition of that could help with making things feel a bit more unified. I did notice I got a spawn in game that instantly pushed me forward roughly 5M that almost felt like a mini grav lift while next to a crate, that probably needs to be investigated a bit. I have a clip of it, but it's unedited and probably too lengthy to add to the post. I'm uncertain if it was because my teammate spawned right after me at the same location or something else. I did spawn in relatively close proximity to enemies a few times in game, so the spawning zones might need to be checked out a bit here as well. I didn't care for the flow of the map at first, but after a few games on it and spending some time in customs looking it over, I really do like it.

Area of Game: Customization options

Definitely a fan of the new armor options and weapon skins, so no complaints from myself in that department, keep up the good work! I haven't spent any time messing with moving the weapons around or the centering as it has always been that way, so personally I don't feel a need to change it. I guess just a creature of habit in that sense. I would like to possibly hear some thoughts on having the availability to be able to potentially change the reticle size specifically in H3. It may not be an issue to players using a controller, but as a now M&K main, I feel like myself and others could benefit from the option to scale the size of the reticle smaller to help with in game accuracy. I may catch a bit of grief from some veteran players, or others for this, but it is what it is haha. I'm absolutely a fan of the animated nameplates. I will say the backpack options are cool, but many of them clip into the character model which seems like a bit of an oversight from a design standpoint that could have been easily avoided. The team changing option seems a bit clunky and could probably be simplified in some way.

Spoiler:
Show
FEEDBACK FOR THE VIEWMODEL ADJUSTER

Its a good start, but it can be much better, heres how

First of all allow us to adjust it foward, up, right, and left. Right now only down and back is limiting.

Even more limiting is only going to 15%, let us go to 200% if we wanted to, maybe even allow us to remove the whole gun from the screen if we wanna go full tf2 pro
Options are always better

Finally add a reference screen in the menu so we know how its going to look before saving the changes, its a little tedious to click through the menu, save, click out, and then be unhappy with how it looks and do it all over again

Just wanna exit out that I love that this is being added to the game, its something I wanted since the game came out on pc, so might as well make it the best viewmodel adjuster ever
The sword and shield is awesome addition but it looks too static. Maybe make the swords more sleek and independent motion, make the shield look like a raw steel and make the skull more blended as well like part of the shield. It doesn't make sense when its on a Spartans back, it should a little more like its able to be wielded and practical.
Also why isn't the rest of rine available? I want to wear it so bad...
The rest of the season is awesome and I love it.
I did not plan to be selected, but I appreciate that they have allowed me to participate in this operation, I thought I needed the MCC, it scared me a little but I can use it.
Armor feedback:
  • All the new armor textures look too dark compared to the original halo 3 armor textures and they don't match, in the customization menu they look fine but in game you can tell that the textures don't match. I have submitted this as a support ticket because I consider it a game issue, but I will post this feedback here in case.
Map Feedback:
  • Edge might be just slightly too big for 4v4, I can't really decide for sure but something doesn't feel right about the map, it's definitely too big for smaller player counts like 2v2.
  • Waterfall feels perfect for me, honestly was a lot of fun to play on.
Area of The Game: Player Customization

Feedback: Great flight so far. While I believe that certain weapons should have exclusive skins such as the chili pepper flamethrower, I really think it would be a good idea to have generic weapon skins be available for all weapons. I don't see why I can't have arctic, desert woodland skin on all weapons to give myself as sense of conformity (or at least starting weapons: AR, BR, Magnum). I also think I should be able to select which pattern I want and then select the color scheme for it. It would make the menu more organized in my opinion. Look at call of duty or battlefield weapon skins as an example.

Two other random things about customization. It would be nice to have the katana as a backpack option and an ODST helmet with the sniper attachment would be fabulous as well (like what Romeo has on his helmet).
So glad I finally get the invite to flight testing thank you 343i. Ive noticed you can crouch while full speed with keyboard which is great but its not possible with controller in H3 I think it should be implemented or taken away with both inputs its actually a pretty big advantage (even tho controller is king in halo 3). On the map Edge I think rockets and OS placement should be swapped, I feel it would make the map flow better. Right now OS feels less of a priority given its out in the open right between both power weapons that make it even more useless. Fight for OS on the side then use it to get the rockets. Gives OS a purpose instead of a get out of jail free for running across the middle lol. Sniper is probably fine where its at because it will be a counter to rockets (OS should be melted by the time you grab rockets with its purpose fulfilled).
Can we please, finally get proper granularity in aim sensitivities, aim acceleration (Stick), and FOV.

FOV should be labeled Horizontal FOV angle.

I am glad to see U.I. bugs have finally been worked on.

It's nice to see people using a variety of weapon skins too, it makes the floor a messy painting.
Customization

"it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"

I've been a staunch believer that the new armors added to H3 were an affront to it's artistic integrity. But these Fireteam Raven sets? They slap. I've dropped every piece of legacy H3 armor in favor of mismatching them. I'm not reaching for that toggle any time soon — Looking forward to more surprises.
MattPicoli wrote:
yeah! since season 5 released halo 3 with new skins in almost all maps is havin fps droping! and now with this new map waterfall its almost unplayable for who plays on xbox one fat/s. Just hope they fix this inssues with frame rate on xbox one family.
Not only for xbox one players. I was also playing MCC in my PC just fine but this new Halo 3 map also drops frames so bad even in my PC.
A few pieces of feedback:

• Make the change team option a button in the pause menu, instead of buried under your ID.
  • Make the Halo Online & Fireteam Raven armors & techsuits take advantage of "Detail Textures" like Halo 3's armors did. (Fine scratches, varying gloss, etc.) This would go an extremely long way in preserving the integrity of the overall artstyle.
  • Add the OG Halo 3 techsuit design back as the default option, perhaps up-res'd and polished, like what was done with the stock weapon skins. (While keeping the current GEN1 suit as a secondary option.)
  • Add cubemap reflections to the golden skins for Halo 3, so they look shiny like in the previews. (Right now, they're rather ugly in-game, looking like yellow spray paint rather than gold.)
  • Allow negative values for viewmodel adjustment, and a bit of lateral adjustability as well.
  • For the Edge and Waterfall maps, either implement the Screen Space Reflections like in Halo Online, or add cubemap reflections, to at least approximate the visual fidelity & atmosphere of the maps in HO.
  • For the Edge map, fix the team colors not showing up in the forcefield shaders on the floor in each side of the map.
  • Add Icebox! (The Turf Remake)

1. Add the ability to adjust the model more than just down and back, and also be able to adjust to higher or lower values,

2. Make it possible to adjust individual weapons view models,

3. Show the changes to the view model as you are changing so we don't have to exit and reenter the menu to see how it was changed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13