Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] MCC Flight – February/March 2021!

OP snickerdoodle

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13
Sk2saucy wrote:
flight looks nice but where is the custom games browser.
I think it is supposed to be added later in the flight
Sk2saucy wrote:
flight looks nice but where is the custom games browser.
The custom game browser should release for the flight about a week after (Friday 5th) it started if everything goes well.
One thing that I've noticed is that both the maps follow the design follows the Halo 4 and Halo 5 design philosophy, but that's where I have a bit of a problem. Here's a breakdown of my observations as someone who's played Halo 5 on the higher end competitive scene:

Waterfall:
  • Overview: Waterfall is very open with the design centered around controlling the two center zones and rotating between the two bases as the spawns flip if the control of the center is done properly. Aesthetically speaking, the map is very much like the designs of Halo 3 and Halo Reach maps with lots of nature and atmosphere surrounding it.
  • Negative: Once control is obtained from the center of the map, it is very difficult to try and obtain the control once again.This is because the routes used to try and regain control are too narrow. There's either a vent, a narrow ramp, or a very wide door with little cover to go through in order to reach the middle of the map. In the middle of the map there is only cover in the upper area or the one circular obstruction in the middle.
  • Negative: Too many power weapons. The brute plasma rifle is very effective for the map when used in the more confined areas such as the upper level near the vent or the ramps used to go upwards. (this is not a problem). The rocket launcher is found in the center near the upper vent, but due to its limited capacity, it's not much of a problem there. There's also a shotgun on each side (inside the bases near the brute plasma rifle on the stairs) and at least one sniper rifle on the map from my observations.
  • Positive: The map has multiple routes to take and people who are aware of the map. This map gives the appearance of simple to learn, difficult to master.
  • Positive: Waterfall has a lot of weapon options to choose from that allow players to make use of what suits them best. The narrow areas can be controlled with the use of the Brute Plasma rifle and shotguns while the more open areas are prime pickings for the sniper rifle and battle rifles. There's also a few spots for the people who like to throw grenades before firing shots as well.
  • Suggestion: Near the team bases, there needs to be some more cover as with halo 3, the movement speed does not give much room for evading incoming fire. A team of 4 with strong sense of map control can mop the floor with the other team once control has been gained and this is likely due to the combined control of power weapons and openness of the map.
Edge:
  • Overview: Edge is a map that takes the Halo 4 and Halo 5 design philosophy and brings it into Halo 3. There's a lot of cover on the outside areas leading to the inner right and left areas as well as the staircases leading to the middle. This is a lane style map through and through. Aesthetically speaking, the map also takes heavy influences from Halo 4 and Halo 5 with a strong emphasis on the Forerunner style.
  • Negative: The most glaring issue I've seen with this map is that it's TOO BIG FOR HALO 3, at least when we're working on a 4v4 situation. I say this because firefights with the map are very brief due to the design of the map and spawns. Let's say that your team enters a firefight with the other team and you die. Not only do you have the spawn timer to deal with, you're more likely to be spawned away from your team away from the firefight (which should be expected) or on the wrong side of the firefight and are put in a flanking position against the other team. This leads me to my second point.
  • Negative: Too much cover. There's just too much cover on this map. On the outer edges of the map, you've got cover that does its job in making sure you're covered from any incoming fire, but there's also multiple mini cover spots that make it feel similar to a Gears of War map rather than a Halo map, especially with the mini lanes behind the cover. It's also close enough together to cause things to come down to grenade spam or an obstacle course if you need to move around quickly to rejoin the firefight or bail out due to a bad situation. In short, this causes routing to be limited for high level play.
  • Positive: While there is too much cover, there's also many options to approach a firefight due to this cover. The cover isn't an insurmountable wall so this allows people to jump over the cover to take pot shots at the enemy team or just peak out to take a shot or two. Additionally, the radar is given a very strong use in this map compared to some others I've seen.
  • Positive: The map has a good balance of weapon and ability distribution which gives plenty of room for people to learn the map and use these tools effectively. The overshield however is going to be the single most important item on the map due to many fights going to the middle of the map, and when activating the overshield the player is unable to be killed save from a back smack.
  • Suggestion: This map in particular adopts the philosophy of Halo 4 and Halo 5 quite strongly. With those two games having the addition of sprint (and clamber for Halo 5), mobility was one of their best points. From this, it might be a good idea to increase the movement speed of players on this map to 110% and no more than 115% just for this one map. This will eliminate the problem of players being left out of the fight on this map for too long and the frustration of dying, respawning, moving to the fight only to die because you got there too late and you're left out of the loop for a few engagements.
Overall, these maps are very welcome additions to MCC as these maps are very well thought out, and it can be seen that the people behind the design of the map understood the game that they were intending them to be implemented into very well.
Sk2saucy wrote:
flight looks nice but where is the custom games browser.
Big agree on this. Wasn’t the goal to have it before the end of 2020? Didn’t they also say it’s nearly ready in a past update?

this feature is long past due.
I love the new maps. They are fun, I cannot find any glitches or problems with them. However, I might be stupid but the "change teams" option i could not find nomatter how hard I looked through the settings during a custom game on Halo 3, I'll have to try Halo Reach later. So might be good to make that easier to find. Also I agree with someone who spoke earlier. I need to see how my screen is changing when editing FOV, otherwise it is kind of useless to me. It would help to see the screen change as I change the FOV.
Tried logging on through steam, only says connecting to server and never does. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • blazingshot147 said
  • Suggestion: This map in particular adopts the philosophy of Halo 4 and Halo 5 quite strongly. With those two games having the addition of sprint (and clamber for Halo 5), mobility was one of their best points. From this, it might be a good idea to increase the movement speed of players on this map to 110% and no more than 115% just for this one map. This will eliminate the problem of players being left out of the fight on this map for too long and the frustration of dying, respawning, moving to the fight only to die because you got there too late and you're left out of the loop for a few engagements.
Overall, these maps are very welcome additions to MCC as these maps are very well thought out, and it can be seen that the people behind the design of the map understood the game that they were intending them to be implemented into very well.

I totally agree with you there, I think 343 forgot flat out that Halo 3 doesn't have sprint, Edge could be repackaged as a Halo 4 map and we would have a much better time. Both Waterfall and Edge need to be tested for movement issues compared to other Halo 3 maps. Edge seems to play even bigger than Citadel which is on the edge of getting too big for a 4v4 Halo 3 game
A great addition and hopefull to be invited next time.
The flight is crashing (and sometimes turning off the XBOX) about 20-25% of the time on X1X. This is my 3rd play session and I've had a crash during each session.

However, really happy about FOV and centered crosshair coming to console.
Why is the hit reg so bad? Is it bad servers?
l Veto I wrote:
Why is the hit reg so bad? Is it bad servers?
It's not bad it's just your internet
hello, have two doubts:
-After the flighting is done, do we get to keep the game on steam?
-Is it ok to stream gameplay on twitch?
Please let me know

Thank you
Hey Extrafalarious,

After flighting is concluded, the Steam key for the flight build will be revoked and you will lose access in your Steam library. For streaming, you can indeed stream the game to any platform you see fit. The only thing we ask is to not share the game or its content files with anyone.

Cheers,
Postums
qlimm wrote:
The flight is crashing (and sometimes turning off the XBOX) about 20-25% of the time on X1X. This is my 3rd play session and I've had a crash during each session.

However, really happy about FOV and centered crosshair coming to console.
This has happened to me a few times on my Series X. Usually in the menu searching for games. Maybe one out of 10 games or so
I have played a handful of games in H3 on the insider program and the map waterfall is definitely having some sort of fps issue. It's not as smooth as the others. Also this will be an unpopular opinion but AR starts shouldn't have BRs on the map IMO. Auto starts should have only automatics on the maps. Maybe replace BRs with two spikers... Or just add a few more BRs on the maps so it's not so unbalanced as you search desperately for a BR.
Somethings I noticed while playing the new maps:
  1. Players seem to constantly be grouped together during Team Modes (probably due to spawn placement)
  2. Weapons placed on the map appear to be few and far between on Edge (maybe add some weapons by the walls in the main open areas)
  3. There aren't any spawns placed on the lower levels on Waterfall
  4. Edge might benefit from some grav lift equipment spawns (since players like hiding behind the walls sometimes), and maybe Waterfall too
  5. Edge might also benefit from starting spawns being placed in those rooms in the middle of the map that are opposite each other instead of the far back, so the match starts with each team in each others sightlines like on Midship
  6. Waterfall could use a Warthog, or maybe Mongoose and Ghost spawns
  7. FPS drops in the main room on Waterfall when playing on OG Xbox Ones
So far so good! I couldn't join any play sessions because of my time zone. But I have changed my schedule to allow so. Waterfall and Edge are looking good. The view-model fov while lacking in some areas such as horizontal movement is alright. Loving the new cosmetics, Especially the ODST ones. Have seen some minor bugs but everything is good so far!
Is it intentional that I did not have to use the new insider key to take part in this flight? The insider build got updated throught Steam like anyother game, and I was not required to input the flight key.

The multi grenade throw bug is still present.

We still need more graphics options, like turning off full screen lens flares inparticular.
Postums wrote:
hello, have two doubts:
-After the flighting is done, do we get to keep the game on steam?
-Is it ok to stream gameplay on twitch?
Please let me know

Thank you
Hey Extrafalarious,

After flighting is concluded, the Steam key for the flight build will be revoked and you will lose access in your Steam library. For streaming, you can indeed stream the game to any platform you see fit. The only thing we ask is to not share the game or its content files with anyone.

Cheers,
Postums
Postums, when you say about the flight to “not share the game or it’s contents with anyone” does that mean we can’t let friends play on our account when we are together or cant let them play split screen with us?
Area of Game: Halo 3 MP

Feedback:

  • Since the network feature was added I can't find lobbies unless I select all of them. I would prefer US East, which is where I live, but the search just goes on and on and on. Are the US East servers offline or something? Like there's no way with Xbox and PC crossplay I can't find US East games.
  • I always have to cap Flights at 60 FPS for whatever reason because I get a ton of stuttering and drops in frames, whereas on the retail version I have it on Unlimited and it's completely fine.
  • New maps look nice... but their spawns are terrible. I legitimately watched as someone on the other team spawned to my right on Edge. However, I very much appreciate new maps, so thank you! Especially in terms of maps vs skins, I'd much rather have new maps even if their spawns aren't great. But please do adjust the spawns.
Tried logging on through steam, only says connecting to server and never does. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Try logging out and back in while in menu, click the option right beside your nameplate, then on your nameplate and then change profile.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13