Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

MCC Flight Speculation

OP HOrobOD1

In the latest update from Postums, I was intrigued by the last item on the list of objectives for the next flight. Found here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=4#post67

The last item states:
  • And maybe a new place and way to play
Could this mean halo is coming to a new console? Anyone have any idea or more info on this?

Personally I've been hoping they'd bring MCC to the Nintendo Switch, as I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
That last part got me as well. I have been thinking about it. I was thinking possibly sony or switch as well or even possibly VR. That maybe they are going to release the Halo arcade game in the VR store.
Maybe mobile for your phone?
I would hazard a guess it's related to the Custom Games Browser
HOrobOD1 wrote:
In the latest update from Postums, I was intrigued by the last item on the list of objectives for the next flight. Found here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=4#post67

The last item states:
Could this mean halo is coming to a new console? Anyone have any idea or more info on this?

Personally I've been hoping they'd bring MCC to the Nintendo Switch, as I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
I think this isn't a good assumption, I feel like Microsoft would put this out or tease it. 343 wouldn't put this in a forum post. It probably does mean like a custom games browser
My top guess is xCloud for iPhone. Be pretty neat to play on iOS, since I was looking forward to it until Apple blocked the app.
Maybe a smart TV? Connect the gamepad, and play, without buying an Xbox One / Series S/X
Maybe a smart TV? Connect the gamepad, and play, without buying an Xbox One / Series S/X
Man, how fast is your SmartTV?
Sorry, wrongly said, XCloud on the smart TV, not the game on the smart TV itself, because it will be too weak for games at all.
They had better not release Halo on PS or Switch. Halo is an Xbox exclusive and it should stay that way.
They had better not release Halo on PS or Switch. Halo is an Xbox exclusive and it should stay that way.
But y'all got crash bandicoot lmao, i enjoy halo on PC, and if i had it on playstation back in the day i would be so damn happy, PLUS, the amount of people that would play that is insane
HOrobOD1 wrote:

The last item states:

My best guess is maybe something along the lines of custom games for PC. We have yet to see anything along the lines of custom games.

As for MCC's port to the Switch I would love to see that happen but I would be very surprised if it ever actually happened. That thing imo is not suitable to handle Halo in its current state without having to cut down on stuff that people in the community would get all up in arms about. Not to mention the Switch storage capacity is basically the same as an SD card you can literally buy from the store. If a port of any title ever did happen I would only expect these titles to be ported: Halo CE (non anniversary), Halo 2, Halo Spartan Assault, and Halo Spartan Strike.
IanCasll wrote:
But y'all got crash bandicoot lmao, i enjoy halo on PC, and if i had it on playstation back in the day i would be so damn happy, PLUS, the amount of people that would play that is insane
True. But crash Bandicoot isn't the icon of the franchise. Master Chief was literally on the box for the Xbox series x.
Im sorry to say this but Halo isnt going anywhere, maybe, maybe the mcc could be in epic games store, but microsoft isnt gonna release Halo in other platforms like playstation 4/5 or nintendo switch. The most possible point is the custom server browser :D
This is for flighting, they aren't going to tease a new platform this way.