Forums / Community / Halo Insider

MCC on PC not launching

OP IsaacR777

Im on the Microsoft Store version and when I launch the Halo: MCC Insider app it shows a splash screen of the Halo ring and stays there. Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?
Had some luck with on Discord and with other son the forums. Try the following steps:
  • Make sure your windows updates are fully up to date
  • Make sure your windows store app has all updates installed
  • Restart your machine and try again
If you've done that or that fails, try resetting your store cache
  • Right Click on the Start Button, then
  • Click on Run.
  • Enter WSReset.exe and
  • Click on OK or hit your Enter Key
  • It can take a minute, maybe more for this to run but once the DOS window closes and the store opens:
  • Restart your computer
After that try reinstalling the game again
I can confirm I am having the same issue as OP. It launches from the windows store, but then just sits on a splash screen with no progress bar or any other pop up prompts to continue. I've tried running in admin, several restarts and reinstalls, as well as everything that stckrboy posted, still having the same result.
Are you 100% certain you are logged into the store / Xbox Hub with the correct account? Most of the issues I have been helping with so far have been solved by logging in with the correct account. It's the same details you used for signing up to the Insiders program. Double check those details are correct and see if that downloads the correct build - guessing right now that your build is probably only about 10mb and not 10gig like it should be
stckrboy wrote:
Are you 100% certain you are logged into the store / Xbox Hub with the correct account? Most of the issues I have been helping with so far have been solved by logging in with the correct account. It's the same details you used for signing up to the Insiders program. Double check those details are correct and see if that downloads the correct build - guessing right now that your build is probably only about 10mb and not 10gig like it should be
You are correct that the build is 10mb and not 10gigs, but I've double checked the credentials and they are the same. Same email address that the invite was sent to is being used to log in and sign up for the app download.

Edit: I just swapped over to my old defunct account, and it was set up through that. I have no idea why. I haven't used that account for anything in years, and the invite wasn't sent to that account, it was sent to my main account. Either way, it's working. Thanks for the assist, even though I have no idea why it is that way...