Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Mid-Flight Update

OP A Baffled Stoat

For those that may have missed it, ske7ch has posted a mid-flight update which can be found here.
It covers some oft-discussed topics such as:
  • The upcoming bug-fixing patch
  • The possibility of more invites
  • Mouse input delay
  • Server latency
  • The chat filter
  • Push-to-talk
  • Progression
  • Menu issues and crashes
I suggest everyone give it a read (especially if you're a flighter) as it addresses quite a few questions and concerns that have cropped up over the past couple of weeks.
Too bad they are taking out the uncapped FPS in the update, I hope they can totally get this working by release. Would be nice to see if the Main Menu and Campaign Cutscenes can also be uncapped by then. But I definitely understand if this might be causing the Mouse Input delay because of the FPS. I can also understand why the feeback on the PC controls from Flight #2 was positive because were going from a more Static PvE type of enemy (and slower pace and predictable) towards a PvP type of match (which is much more faster pace and unpredicable) and os NOT the same in terms of the type of game mode your in for playing and aiming with.
UPDATE:
The ongoing PC flight has been extended until the 18th of November. Schedules and patch notes are included so make sure to check your email for more information.
UPDATE:The ongoing PC flight has been extended until the 18th of November. Schedules and patch notes are included so make sure to check your email for more information.
As much as It frustrates me to see the flight get another week extension, I must also understand that they are doing this because they want a quality release and not a 2014 one.
No additional players added for the flight extension? :superdupersadface:
There have been. Mostly Windows 7 but there have been additional invites sent out.
There have been. Mostly Windows 7 but there have been additional invites sent out.
I feel like win 7 users are the main reason for the delay in ending the flight and subsequent release. It's a 10 yo operating system.

#THEFUTUREISNOW
I feel like win 7 users are the main reason for the delay in ending the flight and subsequent release. It's a 10 yo operating system.

#THEFUTUREISNOW
Hah, yeah. But in its defense, Windows 7 has pretty much held its own as the new Windows XP in terms of reliability and extended support.

Anyways, I guess I'll need to wait until open testing to play ...