OP YorK3873

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
USCRuss72 wrote:
End of May maybe, theres really no way of knowing. I could see things getting kicked off during E3.

It'll probably start with a trailer for Halo Infinite and then the classic "but that's not all we have to announce today" and then bam an announcement for the beginning of public flights for the Insider Program.
Yeah this seems like a realistic expectation. The only thing that would work against this idea is the dates for E3. The Microsoft conference is on a Sunday and i doubt they would start a flight on anything but a Friday or Saturday. Maybe they will announce it for the following weekend?
With all of the extra time that they have to get the game ready for flighting, does that mean that the game will release sooner with delayed flighting?
With all of the extra time that they have to get the game ready for flighting, does that mean that the game will release sooner with delayed flighting?
Maybe, but I think they it more likely they would still run flighting for the same length of time as originally planned. Getting ready for flighting doesn't necessarily mean they'll have everything fixed. Still the potential for the community to find issues that need resolved before launching.
They have a confirmed infinite panel this year at E3 so this is most likely a false rumor or theory
At this point I think your prediction of no flighting till E3 will be correct.
RPG445 wrote:
Nothing is set in stone until 343 has their say.
I hope the first flights will be late May to early June.
The painful waiting is extreme i must admit, though i am glad they are delaying the flights to ensure a smooth launch experience.
In terms of having a smooth announcement, using E3 as the time and place to make announcements for Infinite and the flights makes the most sense. They know everyone will be watching, and this gives them the chance to talk to everyone at once (at least in theory).
In terms of having a smooth announcement, using E3 as the time and place to make announcements for Infinite and the flights makes the most sense. They know everyone will be watching, and this gives them the chance to talk to everyone at once (at least in theory).
i think so too
This theory seems like the most possible now. E3 would be a good way to get the message out as well for more people to sign up.
RPG445 wrote:
It is set in stone, postums said on a discord server he wont be getting the dev blog out till the end of month and ske7ch confirmed on reddit that no flights are going to be prior to E3.
RPG445 wrote:
It is set in stone, postums said on a discord server he wont be getting the dev blog out till the end of month and ske7ch confirmed on reddit that no flights are going to be prior to E3.
I honestly am alright with this, I really am desperate for this to not be a flop. the one thing I am extremely worried about is how the controls are going to feel. If they have to take their time to make it as bug-free as possible before flights, I welcome that.
There's no real rush if it means that the extra time means that we get to test a more polished product that may or may not need additional tweaking; the flights will be mostly gathering feedback in order to better tailor the MCC to accommodate a pc gaming democraphic in addition to bug reports.
as Kodak would say "I hope so"
With E3 just around the corner, I can see them maybe pushing off for full reach release. I do think they would release first flight before that, just to get some bugs out.
Killer3391 wrote:
With E3 just around the corner, I can see them maybe pushing off for full reach release. I do think they would release first flight before that, just to get some bugs out.
A full release before flight testing and an open beta? Wishful thinking.
Considering that the MCC launch on Xbox was not the best, I think they are willing to take more time to get this right. Some people seem to forget that creating a game takes time, especially one as delicate and important as MCC. They also forget that the flights impact the overall game and that we test the flights to help make the final game better.
However E3 is around the corner it feels like it's in the distant future. Especially for these insider threads. We already discussed our specs, our expectations, we speculated about the aspects of the test flights, we agreed it is unlikely to be in the first round though, so...that's it. No more things to discuss, all other topics, like your favourite armour, scene or anything is related to another forum but not in this one. That's why I feel time goes by so slowly...(every little thing that you say or do
I'm hung up...) darn sorry :)
Well once the dev blog comes out later this week, we will have a better picture on the progress of the PC version of the MCC. Hopefully they have ironed out some of the previous bumps in the road.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4