Forums / Community / Halo Insider

PC Flight Specs

OP RWBYJNPRRVB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello Halo Fans & Developers,

Would anyone by chance know what the minimum PC specs might be for the upcoming PC PVP flight or at least an approximation? I want to make sure my current computer build is powerful enough for 1080P - 2K gameplay at 60 fps. I already play several AAA games with this setup.

Current Computer Specs: (Intel NUC 8 Mini PC Kit NUC8i7HVK)
- CPU Intel Core i7-8809G
- GPU(s) - Intel HD Graphics 630(Onboard) / ATI Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics(Onboard) / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070(EGPU Thunderbolt 3)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage - (M.2 NVME SSD 256GB / 3TB Hard drive / 2TB Hard Drive / 2TB Hard Drive) All Hard drives are connected to the Computer using a 4 Bay Hard Drive dock using USB 3.0(Will be upgrading to thunderbolt at some point for better read/write speeds)

The rest of the specs and peripherals are pretty useless but i would appreciate any insight as to what the required specs might be and if my build is good enough along with any pointers or feedback.

Regards,
RWBYJNPRRVB
Finish The Fight!
They haven't released min specs yet but considering Reach is 9 years old, runs on old 360 hardware, and even some built-in graphics can run it just fine, I wouldn't worry too much.
I'd be very surprised if your setup couldn't handle it.
Would you be installing the game to the hard drives or to the SSD because I believe using USB for a game like this may introduce some problems.

I may be wrong however. Have you played games from your HDDs before without issue?
They haven't released min specs yet but considering Reach is 9 years old, runs on old 360 hardware, and even some built-in graphics can run it just fine, I wouldn't worry too much.
I'd be very surprised if your setup couldn't handle it.
Thanks for the quick reply.

It tends to slip my mind how long ago some of the earlier halo games came out but i can say for sure that playing every single campaign over and over again never get's old. Both my 1080P & 2K monitors are 144hz so i'm wondering how many frames i'll be able to get, so excited that Reach's release is almost right around the corner. Been waiting for the games to get re-released on PC for a long time, never really got Halo 2 working properly after my upgrade from vista to 7 so it's been a long time dream and the fact that Halo 3 & 4 are also going to make their way is even better. I know some people didn't like Halo 4 & 5's perspective but, the story is what keeps me glued to Halo after all these years, the character development that's been ongoing and the ever growing universe. Halo's been a part of my life since i first bought a used copy of Halo Combat Evolved from a friend in very early primary school for the xbox original and halo will continue to be a part of my life in the foreseeable future.
Would you be installing the game to the hard drives or to the SSD because I believe using USB for a game like this may introduce some problems.

I may be wrong however. Have you played games from your HDDs before without issue?
The majority of my 300 or so Steam games are installed to the HDD's, the SSD is mostly for the OS/Programs and apps. I'll probably end up making an exception for MCC and making the room on my SSD for it to speed up the download and loading of the game's content.
Hmm i think any graphics card above gt 730 could run it.
I have doubts that integrated graphics are capable of running H2A on ultra settings. It might be possible to play the other ones, but it all depends on what kind of performance you expect to get.
The Master Chief Collection System Requirements (Minimum)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 / AMD FX-4100
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 1 GB Radeon HD 7770 / GeForce GTX 560
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Recommended Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6770K / AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 4 GB Radeon R9 290 / GeForce GTX 1070
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB
EU Tripper wrote:
Where did you pull this from? Unless it came directly from 343, then it is mere speculation.
EU Tripper wrote:
Source? As mentioned above cite your source or this is simply made up. The steam page for MCC doesn't list more then 64 bit processor and operating system for both minimum and recommended.
EU Tripper wrote:
Source? As mentioned above cite your source or this is simply made up. The steam page for MCC doesn't list more then 64 bit processor and operating system for both minimum and recommended.
I think he got those specifications from the "Can you run it" site
EU Tripper wrote:
I think he got those specifications from the "Can you run it" site
Then it's mere speculation, though I will say that a 1070 is more than enough to run the game.
System Requirements doesn't really matter anyway they are never the minimum or recommended and it will depend what game you play on mcc but I recommend anything thats above gtx 970 and i5 or ryzen 5
I've been rocking the GTX 1060 (the 6 GB vRAM variant) for the past 3+ years, which is definitely a budget-tier card but has served me reasonably well with the relatively lightweight games I usually play (CS:GO being the most resource-intensive among them). Wondering if it's worth upgrading for Reach to consistently achieve 60 fps at 1440p with max settings, or if I'll be fine as is.
TomCat025 wrote:
I've been rocking the GTX 1060 (the 6 GB vRAM variant) for the past 3+ years, which is definitely a budget-tier card but has served me reasonably well with the relatively lightweight games I usually play (CS:GO being the most resource-intensive among them). Wondering if it's worth upgrading for Reach to consistently achieve 60 fps at 1440p with max settings, or if I'll be fine as is.
I play gears 5 with my gtx 1060 6gb 60 fps on max settings. I don´t think halo reach will be more demanding than Gears 5
xVTx Tori wrote:
TomCat025 wrote:
I play gears 5 with my gtx 1060 6gb 60 fps on max settings. I don´t think halo reach will be more demanding than Gears 5
What's your resolution, out of curiosity?
Reminder that most online sites that show minimum and reccomended specifications may be wrong, chances are they havent got their hands on the game..

Also take the fact that there are four seperate games in the pack. The "minimum and reccomended requirements" most likely will be referring to Halo 2 Anniversary.

If you are like me and not planning on playing H2A, H4, and CEA then your minimum specs will be a fair bit lower.
Halo Reach runs on a Razer Blade Stealth with no dedicated GPU, so you'll be fine.
Your specs will be fine for running any of the Halo titles. The only suggestion I can make is installing on an SSD to cut down load times. Not needed but would be nice.
Halo Reach runs on a Razer Blade Stealth with no dedicated GPU, so you'll be fine.
This is absolutely wonderful news. I have a 1050 ti so I haven’t been too worried about running it, but it’s great to know integrated graphics can handle reach. What was your resolution and frame rate? None of my friends have gaming PCs so i’m hoping it runs well enough on integrated so i can buy it for them. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2