Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Pc requirements

OP slopingorange13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Kyken0 wrote:
We obviously don't have exact requirements for MCC but we do have the requirements for Halo 5: Forge on PC
The requirements could go up or down given better localization balanced against extra PC features but it's probably a good starting point. I'd bet on them going up though.
  • RAM: 12GB
  • VRAM: 4GB
  • CPU: i5-3570K @3.4GHz / AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6GHz
  • GPU: GTX 970 / Radeon R9 380
Specs are probably way lower, it's running on games released for the <360. The only games on MCC you'd have to worry about are Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary, both use 2 engines at once, so make sure your PC can atleast run them, and if it can't, then just don't buy them seeing as you can purchase each one individually.
Kyken0 wrote:
We obviously don't have exact requirements for MCC but we do have the requirements for Halo 5: Forge on PC
The requirements could go up or down given better localization balanced against extra PC features but it's probably a good starting point. I'd bet on them going up though.
  • RAM: 12GB
  • VRAM: 4GB
  • CPU: i5-3570K @3.4GHz / AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6GHz
  • GPU: GTX 970 / Radeon R9 380
Specs are probably way lower, it's running on games released for the <360. The only games on MCC you'd have to worry about are Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary, both use 2 engines at once, so make sure your PC can atleast run them, and if it can't, then just don't buy them seeing as you can purchase each one individually.
Also mind that Kyken0 posted the "recommended" stats for Forge, the "minimum" stats are WAY lower:
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VRAM: 2 GB
  • CPU: Intel i5 at 2.3 GHz or AMD FX6120
  • GPU: GeForce 650 Ti or AMD R7 260x
And at least Halo CE Anniversary is based on the old Gearbox PC port so I don't know how much the second engine will bump up the requirements which are:
  • CPU:Pentium II or Athlon equivalent
  • RAM: 128 MB
  • GPU: 32 MB Video Card, T&L Capable
[...] I’ve currently set my profile to “opt out” of flighting for this reason [...]
I don't know how bad your system is but I'd say opt in if only for the reason to report specs that can't run the games even at the lowest settings. If 343 deems your specs to be too low to begin with I bet they won't invite you but you may never know. :)
Guys, if they're not just running the games at a higher frame rate but also at a higher resolution, won't we need something a little more powerful than the base xbox one? :|
I wouldn't necessarily assume that. Most games on PC have a vast array of graphics options that allow top of the line machines to run large graphics technologies such as god rays, ambient occlusion, Multi-Sample Anti Aliasing (MSAA) and Tessellation to just list a handful. On the opposite side of the spectrum, you can turn all this off and you'll get a huge performance boost, which helps low end hardware run the games without an issue. I'm assuming MCC will follow suit with something similar.
Thank you! that was very informative and helpful! :3
I had Halo 5: Forge running on my old FX 8120 & Radeon R9 270 build perfectly fine at 1080p around 60 frames. If optimisation for MCC is similar to this, you shouldn't have a problem running on something of comparable compute performance.
I don’t think MCC will be more resource intensive as Halo 5.
JB Linken wrote:
I had Halo 5: Forge running on my old FX 8120 & Radeon R9 270 build perfectly fine at 1080p around 60 frames. If optimisation for MCC is similar to this, you shouldn't have a problem running on something of comparable compute performance.
I don’t think MCC will be more resource intensive as Halo 5.
Hope so..
Would joining Halo insider effect Xbox insider?
Nope
stckrboy wrote:
Nope
Ah ok, thanks for the info
I only have my Xbox One console, hopefully that should be good enough lol
Only Speculation on my part but I'd say that (based off of The Status of the 360's emulator progress) that reach's sytem requirments may be close to the following.

Minimum: (1080p)
Memory: 6GB Ram
Windows: 7 - 8.1 - 10 x64
Vram: 2-3 GB (Some Late GTX 800 - 900 series With 700 Series working for 1366x768 resolutions and their AMD equivalents)
Processor probably late 4th gen or late 5th gen intel, with AMD equivalents.

Care more about high frames then 4K to be honest so these might not be far off the mark for some people.

(sorry I forget if mentioning the emulator here is against the rules)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2