Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] Possible second firefight at some point.

OP Desmond373

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1166461636325957632?s=19

Exact wording is very near future.

No word on if that would be with new participants or a selection of the old ones or some other permutation of insiders.

Also no word on size. My current guess is above 10000 to stick to the 20x promise and to help stress test servers while also testing more hardware Configs.
Oh boy....*fingers crossed*
I hope they invite at least 20k people
How about 100k?
How about 100k?
That would be nice but too many people means too many problems to fix at once. They will likely slowly increase the number of players till the game is in a playable state and then release.
Here's hoping for a week-long flight...
Here's hoping for a week-long flight...
Week long would be a lot of fun
Yesterday they just announced sending invites, anyone have it?
There has been no such announcement as far as i can tell.
I haven't seen any such updates either. We did get some info from the Summer Scoop community update:
Quote:
This past weekend our Publishing Team kicked off the second flight for Halo Insiders which contained Halo: Reach Firefight matchmaking. By granting access to 10,000 players we were able to get data for a few different KPIs (key performance indicators), such as the game's performance on various PC specs and player's ability to matchmake with one another.
Once we get survey results back from the flight's participants, the Publishing Team will dive into the results. After that, we'll work to release information about the flight, its performance, and key takeaways in a future Development Update. To be transparent here, it will take some time and will not be in Postums update tomorrow.
From the mountains of posts that I read online, it seemed like the majority of people liked what they played, which is a win in my books.
So the update tomorrow won't feature data on the flight but it still may hold some cool tidbits.
Desmond373 wrote:
I haven't seen any such updates either. We did get some info from the Summer Scoop community update:
Quote:
This past weekend our Publishing Team kicked off the second flight for Halo Insiders which contained Halo: Reach Firefight matchmaking. By granting access to 10,000 players we were able to get data for a few different KPIs (key performance indicators), such as the game's performance on various PC specs and player's ability to matchmake with one another.
Once we get survey results back from the flight's participants, the Publishing Team will dive into the results. After that, we'll work to release information about the flight, its performance, and key takeaways in a future Development Update. To be transparent here, it will take some time and will not be in Postums update tomorrow.
From the mountains of posts that I read online, it seemed like the majority of people liked what they played, which is a win in my books.
So the update tomorrow won't feature data on the flight but it still may hold some cool tidbits.
All we can do now is wait, i'm guessing they will come out with news on the 2nd fireflight some time next week or even this weekend, guessing they either didn't get enough data, or simply want to try the test on a larger scale for them to do a rerun on the fireflight.
Desmond373 wrote:
Quote:
All we can do now is wait, i'm guessing they will come out with news on the 2nd fireflight some time next week or even this weekend, guessing they either didn't get enough data, or simply want to try the test on a larger scale for them to do a rerun on the fireflight.
It also wasn't confirmed. They were simply looking at doing a second flight. I do hope it happens though.
Desmond373 wrote:
Desmond373 wrote:
Quote:
It also wasn't confirmed. They were simply looking at doing a second flight. I do hope it happens though.
Well I doubt they would say that they are looking to do a 2nd flight if they were not planning on doing it, I just hope I actually get in, haven't had a chance to try it on PC yet.
Desmond373 wrote:
Desmond373 wrote:
Quote:
Well I doubt they would say that they are looking to do a 2nd flight if they were not planning on doing it, I just hope I actually get in, haven't had a chance to try it on PC yet.
as per the most recent MCC dev update:
Quote:
We are currently in the process of reviewing all of the flight data and planning how we move forward. We are looking to gain additional insights in a few areas and there is talk of conducting an additional FireFlight to gather that data. More details will come as we analyze and reset goals for any additional flights.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-august-2019
It's a hard maybe at this point. wouldn't be surprised if one happened just to get some more PC spec testing data.

but I'm with you with wanting to get in. would be the first time in ages that i got to play halo.
Bit of an update from postums twitter on the second fireflight:
Quote:
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1169355949007523840

Joep: Any news about that second fireflight test ?
Tyler “Postums” Davis: Not yet. I’ll be following up. It was in the very early stages of discussions.
From his last sentence I think he might be regretting posting about it so early.
Too early to tell if they're killing the idea or making plans though.
Thinking we might be getting more news with the FF1 stats release.
Desmond373 wrote:
Quote:

Tyler “Postums” Davis: Not yet. I’ll be following up. It was in the very early stages of discussions.
From his last sentence I think he might be regretting posting about it so early.
why did he make it sound like it was a week away when it's still in the early ages of discussion
We should just make halo reach open for all.

*1.5m people later*
Desmond373 wrote:
Quote:

why did he make it sound like it was a week away when it's still in the early ages of discussion
To be fair I think he was just exited to share the news, he's only human.

Also it's hard to know how people will take things.
It's all confusing as hell, was there a firefight flight or not? Why everyone talking about the second firefight?
It's all confusing as hell, was there a firefight flight or not? Why everyone talking about the second firefight?
There was a flight, but they also said they're looking to do a second flight on the same area again sometime soon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2