Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Problem with flilghting.

OP Commy

I understand it's possible that I have just not been chosen, but I've had problems with flighting in the past. When I got accepted into Halo 3's flight, I didn't get an email. I actually found out I got accepted when Waypoint sent me an email asking if I saw the nonexistent previous email. So my friend, who I told to sign up for ODST's flight about two weeks ago, gets accepted, and I do not have an email. We both feel like it's unfair. I know it's not hardware issues because he doesn't even own an Xbox, I do. And he doesn't have a computer anywhere near as powerful as mine to which I have: an i9-9900X, RTX 2080 TI, 64GB Ram, and 12TB of memory. I just want to know if there's a way to find out if I actually got accepted so I don't have to repeat this issue with every single flight. I went back to the Insider Signup page and every option has a checkmark for completion and under it, it says "My Flights" and under that, "Halo 3 - Steam" then Status says "Completed" -- any help would be insanely appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hey OP, the Halo 3 flight had a minor issue with emails that got sent out which led to some unfortunate confusion when those emails arrived. The same issue hasn't been repeated this flight so if you haven't had an email or a notification here on Waypoint, then you won't have been accepted this time round.

While PC specs can sometimes be part of the criteria 343 look for, it may not always be and isn't the only criteria. Having the most powerful PC isn't always needed.
stckrboy wrote:
Hey OP, the Halo 3 flight had a minor issue with emails that got sent out which led to some unfortunate confusion when those emails arrived. The same issue hasn't been repeated this flight so if you haven't had an email or a notification here on Waypoint, then you won't have been accepted this time round.

While PC specs can sometimes be part of the criteria 343 look for, it may not always be and isn't the only criteria. Having the most powerful PC isn't always needed.
I wish I knew what each criteria was, considering I've 100%'d nearly every Halo game, some across multiple accounts, and play almost daily. It's just weird that my friend who rarely touches Halo, doesn't even own an Xbox, and just signed up on Insider got it. Really weird but he sends me videos of what's new so I guess that's the closest to it I'll get. Unfortunate, but hopefully I'll be accepted into the next one, or if they send out a third wave of invites for ODST. I think my friend got it like two days after everyone else did or something. Hoping that'll be me because ODST is my favorite Halo game next to 3 and 2 despite it being very niche.
A 'Problem' that you didn't get an invite..the entitlement 😂 take a break dude. It's a flight, not even the actual game. Be patient, woe is me isn't going to get you anywhere. Even if you had flight access you wouldn't really be able to play anyways, just saying.
Commy wrote:
I wish I knew what each criteria was, considering I've 100%'d nearly every Halo game
Your DXDiag file is the criteria Have a run of the Mill PC and it reduces your chances.

Odd ball Systems may stand a better chance than one with a Popular Config

So Far I am Batting 4 for 4 in flights but I have a Odd Ball PC

Intel® NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK
Intel Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz 4.2GHz Turbo 4 Cores 8 Processor's O/C to 4.6GHz
32GB Ram 2x 16GB DDR4 2400+ SODIMMs O/C to 2600
Razer Core X - E-GPU Fitted with a Radeon RX 5700 O/C to 2011MHz
Has been flashed with the Radeon 5700 XT Bios
512 GB M.2 SATA SSD Operating System and Apps
1TB M.2 SATA SSD Game's only Windows and Steam
Alan J T wrote:
Commy wrote:
I wish I knew what each criteria was, considering I've 100%'d nearly every Halo game
Your DXDiag file is the criteria Have a run of the Mill PC and it reduces your chances.

Exactly. For flighting, 'no one' cares about how much you love Halo. It's about the hardware you're running, among other things. Also, your computer has plenty to run 60 FPS; generally they're looking for older chipsets and lower end hardware to see how well the game runs or odd-ball PCs...that's why you submit your dxdiag info. With you're hardware it's going to be smooth as butter 60+FPS all the time...343 already knows that. This game didn't come out yesterday.
A 'Problem' that you didn't get an invite..the entitlement 😂 take a break dude. It's a flight, not even the actual game. Be patient, woe is me isn't going to get you anywhere. Even if you had flight access you wouldn't really be able to play anyways, just saying.
There's things I want to mod that are exclusively in the build of that game. The idea you bring up entitlement is irrelevant and blatantly moronic.
Alan J T wrote:
Commy wrote:

Should I just update my Dx Diag then but use my laptop? It's some gaming laptop I got years back, around a thousand dollars. I didn't even know what the specs were entirely at first but they're similar to yours, just half the ram.
You didn't get chosen for the flight if you didn't receive anything since the email issue didn't happen for this batch of flights. There might be a third flight, seeing how badly this flight went with multiplayer matchmaking. Flight got extended so probably not the case and you'll be stuck waiting anyways...you'll be able to make your mod all day long when ODST actually releases.

A laptop 'might' work, still down to the luck of the draw and the hardware 'lottery'.
when I close halo 3 ODST , windows get broken with blue screen error
Commy wrote:
There's things I want to mod that are exclusively in the build of that game. The idea you bring up entitlement is irrelevant and blatantly moronic.
It sounds like the problem you are describing about the flights, isn't really a problem with the flight then. You have no way of knowing what will be exclusive to this build and what will not. You will be able to mod plenty in the retail build.
when I close halo 3 ODST , windows get broken with blue screen error
For bug reporting on Insider builds, please use the Insider Support site, thanks.
https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider
Commy wrote:
It sounds like the problem you are describing about the flights, isn't really a problem with the flight then. You have no way of knowing what will be exclusive to this build and what will not. You will be able to mod plenty in the retail build.
some things get removed/added in alpha builds. That's why they're important.
Commy wrote:
Alan J T wrote:
Commy wrote:

Should I just update my Dx Diag then but use my laptop? It's some gaming laptop I got years back, around a thousand dollars. I didn't even know what the specs were entirely at first but they're similar to yours, just half the ram.
I would say yes you should if you intend to use the lap top to play HALO on.

I have just updated mine DX Diag as I have just finished my new PC Build.

Mother Board _______MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard
CPU ______________AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core Socket AM4 3.8GHz CPU Processor
Memory ___________G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (4x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
GPU ______________Radeon RX 5700 Has been flashed with the Radeon 5700 XT Bios
Boot Drive __________Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB SATA
I personally think flighting should be open to the public. I've been invited to every flight though, so it hasn't really impacted me yet.