Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

[Locked] Problem with ODST tickets

OP Miles3298

In the drop-down menu in the "Submit a request" page, ODST is not listed; it only gives me "Halo 3" standard and "Launcher". Is this normal? Should I just file these bugs under Halo 3 instead? I have two to send in, but don't want to send them in incorrectly.

The URL to the ticket page starts with insidersupport.halowaypoint.com and I hit the link to submit a request straight from the "Known Issues" Flight page so I assume I'm in the correct space.
I've noticed this as well but just filled them under Halo 3. As long as your very specific that its ODST then it shouldn't be a problem.
Miles3298 wrote:
In the drop-down menu in the "Submit a request" page, ODST is not listed; it only gives me "Halo 3"
I've noticed this as well but just filled them under Halo 3. As long as your very specific that its ODST then it shouldn't be a problem.
You are both using the wrong support site. Please make sure to carefully read the flighting notifications you receive as the proper links are included there

https://insidersupport.halowaypoint.com
stckrboy wrote:
Miles3298 wrote:
In the drop-down menu in the "Submit a request" page, ODST is not listed; it only gives me "Halo 3"
You are both using the wrong support site. Please make sure to carefully read the flighting notifications you receive as the proper links are included there

What are you talking about? The OP said he was going to insidersupport.halowaypoint.com, that's where the notifications link to, and if you try to submit a ticket from there there isn't an option for ODST, just launcher and Halo 3.

I've just been putting my tickets under Halo 3 because I didn't think it was a big deal. Have I somehow been doing it wrong this whole flight?
stckrboy wrote:
Miles3298 wrote:

Please reread the first post, and TheGoldenChief1's post above this one. I even followed your link and still the same thing still happens.

Something's wrong. To make sure it wasn't a caching issue (which it shouldn't be; the correct build number for the flight is available on that page, 1.1778.0), I did the hard reload on the ticket submission site, the "Control + F5" method. Still no ODST on the list.
stckrboy wrote:
Miles3298 wrote:

That's the website I used and like other people have said there is no option for ODST. I made it very clear however that it was odst I had an issue with and they responded saying they are investigating it.
My apologies, I completely misread the initial posts. Yeah I would probably just file it under Halo 3 for the time being, but make sure and reference that it's related to ODST. team will be able to direct it to the proper place
I've been filing under Halo 3 with no issues.
Legitsky wrote:
I've been filing under Halo 3 with no issues.
Since this is old and resolved, I'll clarify a thing before it gets locked:

The game dropdown at the top didn't have ODST listed, but the menus lower down did have ODST-specific stuff available, so we all ended up doing it that way. At first I didn't realize that it worked that way; I thought some options appeared or disappeared based on earlier choices, but that apparently wasn't the case with game choice and missions/modes. Even though you could only pick Halo 3 as the "game", you could still use other categories to choose Firefight and ODST campaign missions and so on. My fault for not checking that far ahead.

So yeah, entirely my bad. My apologies, everyone, especially stckrboy.
Closing this off as the flight has now concluded