OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
Hey folks,

343 has pushed the buttons and flighting invites are on their way. Wanted to drop in this topic for people wondering why they may not have an invite.

Quote:
PSA: Technical Preview Build Access & Schedule
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/psa-technical-preview-build-access-schedule/ef38c960-90f8-45ea-8fb2-c09dfd3a9a48/posts
Please remember that it can take time for emails to arrive, so don't worry if you don't have one straight away! All emails have been sent, BUT it takes time for them to be processed and pushed out. It also takes time for your email provider to deliver them. Some providers take obscurely long time for seemingly no reason - this is outwith 343's control.

If you use Gmail or Outlook and have the "Focused Inbox" active, make sure to check "Other" or on Gmail also check "Promotions" and your Junk mail to make sure flighting emails aren't hiding in there.
Focused Inbox

Also, please make sure you are checking the correct email account - if you have ANY other email addresses at all you might have used, check those inboxes for invites!

Now, you find that after all that you still don't have an invitation - unfortunately not everyone is guaranteed to be in this first flight, but there will be more flights to come. This is what 343 had to say on the matter of criteria and selection.
Quote:
Please note that registering as a Halo Insider doesn’t guarantee access to technical previews or pre-release hands-on gameplay tests (“flights”). The number of Insiders being invited, and the criteria by which these Insiders are selected, will vary given the specific scope and goals for a flight. For the tech preview, we have concurrency targets tied to our overall goals that will inform how many total Insiders should be invited. Within that pool of players, our first priority will be ensuring we have a broad distribution of platforms (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and different PC configurations) and then we will look at overall tenure in the program, prioritizing our longest standing Insiders, until we've allocated every invitation.
Veterancy and having the best gear isn't always going to make you a prime candidate.

While you have have been playing for a while or been in flights before and see new players get invites while you don't - remember that you were once flighting for the first time as well ;)

Edit: See this tweet thread from ske7ch with further information:
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1420220171159932928
Quote:
Ok, so #HaloInfinite tech preview invite confirmation emails started going out around 5PM PT today. A LOT of Insiders are being invited, but alas, we've had so much growth with the program that not everyone will get into this one. How did we select participants? (1/8)

We have a large total # target we need to hit to reach our goals. Then we look for valid insider profiles (verified email, opted in to comms, DXDIAG for PC, etc.) and ensure we have a good breadth of platforms (Xbox One, Series X/S, and different PC configurations). (2/8)

Then we go by tenure, prioritizing longer standing Insiders and going down the list until we've hit our total audience size. Then we blast out emails as an initial confirmation / heads-up. What if you didn't get an email yet? (3/8)

Given how large the batch was, it's likely that these emails are going to take quite a while to send so it may still be coming your way. It's also possible your ISP / provider blocks this email and considers it spam, we've done what we can to earn 'trust' in this regard. (4/8)

It could also end up in your junk/spam folder, so give that a look. Believe it or not some people even forget which email they registered / no longer have access to that account. There's always the chance that the email never gets to you but you're actually still invited. (5/8)

In this case, you'll still get an invitation via Waypoint system message this Thursday when the build itself and related instructions are sent out. So, might be worth checking Waypoint once that occurs. And if you still don't get an invite - please don't despair! (6/8)

I understand it's disappointing (heck, I NEVER get into closed 'betas' and the like) but we are planning for future flights that are larger in scope with even more Insiders being invited. Please hang in there and we greatly appreciate your interest and support! (7/8)

Head to http://haloinsider.com and opt-in if you'd like opportunities to participate in future flights and please be sure your profile is completed (all green check marks on the overview summary!). Thank you (8/8)
Thanks!
Thanks for the invite team!
Hoping to do it justice, just that I’m moving house at the moment and so may not be spending a lot of time on the XBox over the weekend.
But, one must have priorities I guess…
thank you
Bam, I got in!
Crossing my fingers I get an invite but most likely wont happen since I just signed up for halo insider the other day. Oh well, still super excited to watch all the new gameplay and updates :)
Got my email. I’m stoked. Can’t wait to play
If you signed up for the flight after emails were sent, is there still a possibility of getting in?
If you signed up for the flight after emails were sent, is there still a possibility of getting in?
Maybe
I was wondering as well.
I KEEP REFRESHING AND PRAYING TO THE HALO GODS
Just got mine, Super pumped to get my hands on this!
Thanks!
thx for the information dude!
long time sign up for halo insider, but i did not get any email for the beta.

why?

many friends did get it.
Keeping my fingers crossed. For those who received invitations, Enjoy the preview! We're all counting on you.
Thank you so much for the invitation! So excited to try it out! My only question I do have though is, are we allowed to stream gameplay of it?
long time sign up for halo insider, but i did not get any email for the beta.

why?

many friends did get it.
Explained in the first post in the section about criteria selection
Thankful to have received an invite.
Ready!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30