Forums / Community / Halo Insider

requirements and insider program

OP SnifySniper05

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I signed up for the insider program. My thoughts are though, when do us beta testers get to 'test" the game out. I'm anxious to know. and about the system requirements, what will they be since we have classic halo that is classic designed like halo CE and halo 2, H3, ODST, Reach? Please let me know if anyone has a clue. Thank you in advance
It's ready when it's ready
yes we all actually know the min reqs and are just keeping it a secret so that you just think that's what the flights will determine to make you feel better
No one really knows when the flighting will start. I'm gonna guess and say towards the end of this month maybe a few weeks after that. I think we'll definitely get to test before E3. Still nothing has been said so that's pure speculation.

As far as system requirements I think you'll be good to go as long as you have a decent PC. 343 is going want to test on as many different hardware configurations as they can.
The rule of thumb is that if your pc has parts that can handle games from the last 3 years, then you should have no issue running MCC. H2A is a 2014 game after all.
It should be soon, I am hoping for a halo battle royal.
I'd rather not see a battle royale mode in Halo.
So I signed up for the insider program. My thoughts are though, when do us beta testers get to 'test" the game out. I'm anxious to know. and about the system requirements, what will they be since we have classic halo that is classic designed like halo CE and halo 2, H3, ODST, Reach? Please let me know if anyone has a clue. Thank you in advance
Our first flight/beta on PC will be Reach, likely a stress test or test for the minimum requirements. Halo CE's flight/beta will come after Reach is fully released (I think) and then so forth. Seeing as they're releasing in order, you may have to wait a while to test them all if that's your plan.
As far system requirements goes, as everyone else have said The first few flights will be more open for everyone as they'd like to stress test as to which hardware can handle the games. Although I think for the most part that if you are able to handle the Halo: Reach BETA then you can also handle Halo CE Anniversary as well as Halo 2 Anniversary. Although Halo 3 maybe a bit tough (determining it from Halo Online) But 343 will definitely do some optimizations so you can't say xD
You may be able to go through H3 aswell but H4 would be when the real hardware test starts, As from the "Your Specs" Topic that was started around 5 days ago, Most of the people actually have a GTX1050Ti or above. and that card is able to run 60fps medium settings for even the latest games. As long as u have a GTX series card (or a RX570+) I think your hardware (atleast in terms of GPU wise) will be able to make it to H3 easy enough.
These are my words and speculations though so take it with a pinch of salt as I'm not an expert but a mere PC geek.
Slickini wrote:
It's ready when it's ready
So thats the way it works
Honestly, Considering every Halo game minus 5 and Wars 2 has been on the Xbox 360 I sincerely doubt the PC requirements will be too Beefy, that is unless they add 4K textures, which I really REALLY hope they make those textures an optional download as I really do not want 10s of GBs cluttering up my Hard Drive for a feature I never plan on using as I game primarily on 1080p 144Hz...

It is very possible that you will be able to play the games on a potato with reasonable settings just fine...
It is very possible that you will be able to play the games on a potato with reasonable settings just fine...
Xbox One requirements and PC requirements aren't the same thing at all. 4k textures will also not be a optional download for PC players knowing how Microsoft releases normally go. You'll have to download the entire thing, all 70-80GB's of it. (Halo Reach beta alone will probably be like 10-15GB's tbh, and this is directly comparing the size of Halo Reach currently with all it's DLC installed. Add 4k textures on top of that and it'll probably be around 15GB's tops, I don't see it going any higher.)

Most games running on the Xbox One, there PC ports require much stronger hardware to actually run at all.
Best case scenario, you'll need a minimal of a GTX 1050/RX 560 to actually play the games at low settings/60fps (if there's even a low setting at all, and not just a 30fps or 60fps option as 343 has already suggested with variable frame rates). RX 570/1050Ti will likely be the recommended GPU requirements though, both GPU's being much stronger then the Xbox One but will likely be the base GPU's just to run the games at the same settings at all. Really the thing that'll be increasing your frame rate is how powerful your CPU is afaik.

H2A is a 2014 game after all.
Read above and you'll see what I mean with comparing the Xbox One to a PC is just a bad idea altogether. Just because a game released in 2014 doesn't mean it can't still push current-gen hardware to it's knees. Just look at the Crysis games lol.
Nighterlev wrote:
Xbox One requirements and PC requirements aren't the same thing at all. 4k textures will also not be a optional download for PC players knowing how Microsoft releases normally go. You'll have to download the entire thing, all 70-80GB's of it. (Halo Reach beta alone will probably be like 10-15GB's tbh, and this is directly comparing the size of Halo Reach currently with all it's DLC installed. Add 4k textures on top of that and it'll probably be around 15GB's tops, I don't see it going any higher.)

Most games running on the Xbox One, there PC ports require much stronger hardware to actually run at all.
Best case scenario, you'll need a minimal of a GTX 1050/RX 560 to actually play the games at low settings/60fps (if there's even a low setting at all, and not just a 30fps or 60fps option as 343 has already suggested with variable frame rates). RX 570/1050Ti will likely be the recommended GPU requirements though, both GPU's being much stronger then the Xbox One but will likely be the base GPU's just to run the games at the same settings at all. Really the thing that'll be increasing your frame rate is how powerful your CPU is afaik.

H2A is a 2014 game after all.
Read above and you'll see what I mean with comparing the Xbox One to a PC is just a bad idea altogether. Just because a game released in 2014 doesn't mean it can't still push current-gen hardware to it's knees. Just look at the Crysis games lol.
I ran Gears of War 4 just fine on my old Nvidia 960 GPU before I got an upgrade... I'm sorry to say that you're greatly underestimating the power of lower end PCs... I've seen people on youtube make a 265 dollar budget PC run DOOM 2016 with fairly decent settings ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UShFkDVMhzc )... and that's only because DOOM 2016 was an excellently optimized game for PC and therein lies the defining factor, is how optimized the PC versions of each game will be that will determine how beefy of a PC you will need to run MCC on PC overall... You also seem to forget that the Xbox one uses PC architecture, albeit on the dated x86 architecture, so optimizing the game for PC shouldn't be too hard for the Devs involved...
I ran Gears of War 4 just fine on my old Nvidia 960 GPU before I got an upgrade...
GTX 960 4GB isn't exactly "low end" either though. It's directly comparable to a GTX 1050Ti actually, surprised you didn't know this.Now something that'd be considered low end would be something like a GTX 950, GTX 750Ti, GT 1030, RX 560, GTX 1050 and so on. Which is what a lot of users have here, and I've already seen my fair share amount of people even asking if this game could run on intel integrated graphics, or even GTX 600 series cards.
I'm sorry to say that you're greatly underestimating the power of lower end PCs...
My definition of low end, and your definition of low end is completely different. In your eyes, a 1050Ti is some how "low end" but in many other peoples eyes, that's like the beginning of a full 1080p ultra settings gaming experience at 60fps, so....

I've seen people on youtube make a 265 dollar budget PC run DOOM 2016 with fairly decent settings ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UShFkDVMhzc )...
The game runs worse then console, and the graphical settings are also worse then console...What? You even mentioned it yourself "it was extremely optimized for PC" but we all know Halo MCC isn't getting that same treatment of being extremely optimized, as not even 343 themselves knows the minimum requirements at all.
tl;dr don't trust what you see on youtube and think it's true no matter what.
You also seem to forget that the Xbox one uses PC architecture
The Xbox One runs on custom x86-64 hardware. It's the same architecture, but by no means does that mean code from the Xbox One is directly compatible with a PC at all. Far from it actually, especially with just how low-level access they have to the hardware, which is not available on PC at all in the slightest. That includes pretty advanced algorithms to, and so on.
Nighterlev wrote:
I ran Gears of War 4 just fine on my old Nvidia 960 GPU before I got an upgrade...
GTX 960 4GB isn't exactly "low end" either though. It's directly comparable to a GTX 1050Ti actually, surprised you didn't know this.Now something that'd be considered low end would be something like a GTX 950, GTX 750Ti, GT 1030, RX 560, GTX 1050 and so on. Which is what a lot of users have here, and I've already seen my fair share amount of people even asking if this game could run on intel integrated graphics, or even GTX 600 series cards.
I'm sorry to say that you're greatly underestimating the power of lower end PCs...
My definition of low end, and your definition of low end is completely different. In your eyes, a 1050Ti is some how "low end" but in many other peoples eyes, that's like the beginning of a full 1080p ultra settings gaming experience at 60fps, so....

I've seen people on youtube make a 265 dollar budget PC run DOOM 2016 with fairly decent settings ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UShFkDVMhzc )...
The game runs worse then console, and the graphical settings are also worse then console...What? You even mentioned it yourself "it was extremely optimized for PC" but we all know Halo MCC isn't getting that same treatment of being extremely optimized, as not even 343 themselves knows the minimum requirements at all.
tl;dr don't trust what you see on youtube and think it's true no matter what.
You also seem to forget that the Xbox one uses PC architecture
The Xbox One runs on custom x86-64 hardware. It's the same architecture, but by no means does that mean code from the Xbox One is directly compatible with a PC at all. Far from it actually, especially with just how low-level access they have to the hardware, which is not available on PC at all in the slightest. That includes pretty advanced algorithms to, and so on.
I apolgize, it seems that I wasn't entirely clear when I mentioned the card I used before to play Gears of War 4, here... I'll just link you the spec sheet for it:
https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=DC087073-987F-477E-8258-800938653730

As you can see not only is it 1/2 the VRAM that you speculated, but 1/2 the bus width of what is really needed to not throttle the VRAM.

As for you saying the game runs worse than it does on console, it is only on certain levels, and it still runs far better than the switch port which is not only downscaled to 540p, but on a piece of hardware that is still a bit more expensive than said PC build AND still stuffers from the same frame drop issues in certain areas as well, but that is due to the way the megatextures work on certain maps unfortunately...

Also, i'll sooner trust video evidence showing something running with the specs/data shown over a random that probably doesn't know what they're talking about in a forum, especially since a lot of people are willing on Overclocking both their card and CPU which is not something you can do on console to improve performance... but I digress...

The Xbox one is closer to PC architecture than the PS4 is which unlike the Xbone has an API unique to the console... not to mention that the Xbone already runs a modified version of Windows 10, so between that and the other stuff I mentioned, it should limit the compatibility issues the game would otherwise have if it were direct ports from say the PS3 or Xbox 360 which indeed were completely unique hardware...
Everything right now is just speculation. Nothing is confirmed. No point getting yourself too hyped yet.
I apolgize, it seems that I wasn't entirely clear when I mentioned the card I used before to play Gears of War 4, here... I'll just link you the spec sheet for it:
https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=DC087073-987F-477E-8258-800938653730
Yea, even with half the vram/half the bus width (due to missing 2 GDDR5 chips), the performance of each core and so on will be identical. Worst case scenario you're missing out on maybe 10-20fps and instead of ultra everything, it'd be high settings at 60fps. Still perfectly playable and definitely above and beyond low end gaming pc's, who run on APU's of all things even.

As for you saying the game runs worse than it does on console
The point was you could easily build a better PC then that with much newer hardware for just $450-$500.
Not only that, but when you buy a console, you're buying it brand new. You're comparing a brand new console to used parts, but when compared to used consoles that can fetch for easily $100-$150 a pop just for a Xbox One/PS4, the whole "used PC gaming" aspect falls flat on it's face in the value propositions entirely of being cheaper at all. Especially when we're including used games, because by the time you have that $265, you could've already had easily 10 to 20 used console games and even full year of either Xbox Live gold, or PS+, both of which give you even more free games per month. So in reality..the console still has the most value, and is way cheaper.
.Also, i'll sooner trust video evidence showing something running with the specs/data shown over a random that probably doesn't know what they're talking about in a forum
Everything and anything I've stated to you so far can easily be googled, and verified. You do know how to use the internet, yes?
The Xbox one is closer to PC architecture than the PS4 is which unlike the Xbone has an API unique to the console... not to mention that the Xbone already runs a modified version of Windows 10
That is just plain wrong on so many levels I'm surprised you haven't began questioning whoever told you this nonsense yourself. I already discussed to you as to why a Xbox One is nothing like a PC at all beyond being based on the same architecture. The API the Xbox One uses is also a modified variant of DX12, which on record even the dev's who created Doom said it's better then Vulkan, but on PC Vulkan is much better then the DX12 version.

Point is, they aren't the same API "entirely". Similar enough to where PC games can be ported to the console, but trying to port a Console game onto a PC isn't possible at all without some major changes. As for Windows 10..Uh, the Xbox One uses a modified variant of Win10, heavily modified, and 3 different operating systems all in one. Think of it like using the Win10 kernel as a base, and that's really it. So did the OG Xbox, and the current Xbox 360. All of them ran a kernel of a certain Windows version, does it immediately mean performance will be the same on the same hardware? Uh..No, no it doesn't. Not at all. Far from it.

tl;dr This is getting way to off topic from the original point, but if you're expecting Halo MCC to run on a PC at a similar frame rate of a Xbox One, and is even weaker then the Xbox One, you should just stop typing right now.
Everything right now is just speculation. Nothing is confirmed. No point getting yourself too hyped yet.
Sketch actually confirmed that all beta builds will exclusively be through Steam in another forum post lol.
He's been confirming a lot of stuff lately.
You got to let them take their time. I am sure everyone is anxious for this to come out soon. But they are accommodated the game just for PC players. Also like they said, “It will be ready when it’s ready.”
I'd rather not see a battle royale mode in Halo.
I would not be happy, they would just be considered bandwagons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2