Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Try again later error when installing MCC Insider

OP BeardDisease

Hi all, just noticed I received the invite email. Followed up to step 7 but when going from xbox insider hub to MCC Insider in the store it does not install just gives me a "try again later" everytime I click Install.

I tried all the steps below that were posted in other threads. The only thing I notice is that my alert email in halo insider is a yahoo email and not my outlook email... could that be causing this? I use my outlook email to sign into halo insider it's just the verified alert email is another one. (since typing this I changed it to my outlook email and verified still no luck)

Steps tried various time below
  • Make sure your windows updates are fully up to date
  • Make sure your windows store app has all updates installed
  • Restart your machine and try again
If you've done that or that fails, try resetting your store cache
  • Right Click on the Start Button, then
  • Click on Run.
  • Enter WSReset.exe and
  • Click on OK or hit your Enter Key
  • It can take a minute, maybe more for this to run but once the DOS window closes and the store opens:
  • Restart your computer
It's the
Halo Insider MCC Flight Three - Invitation
"Hello Spartans and welcome to flight three for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC! This mail is your invitation to the third flight for Halo: Reach on PC via the Microsoft Store and includes important information you need to know – please take a moment to read through this email carefully. Once the flight has concluded, a survey may be sent to gather your thoughts and feedback on this experience. Thank you for your participation and we look forward to seeing you online!"
This sounds like it's a case of incorrect account details being used. You mentioned having another email, try logging into the Xbox App / Windows store with that account and see if you have better luck
Stckrboy I switched it over to my windows store account email and verified it. I couldn't login with my other one since it was a yahoo email. It only allows microsoft emails like outlook. It still hasn't worked since I did that and that was over 15 hours ago.

Also wouldn't incorrect details mean I don't see it in the xbox insider hub? I had the MCC Insider program in there waiting but then when I click "Show in store" it says I own Halo: MCC Insider and I click Install and that error just shows up. "Try again later Something happened on our end."

The email says "Sign into the Microsoft Store with the Xbox Live profile that was used for Halo Insider signups" which to me makes me think of my main account even though I put my yahoo email in there for notifications I used the email I use to login here and that's linked to my old xbox account. I don't even have an xbox live profile with my yahoo account because again, not allowed. If that's the case I wonder why they don't just make it so no email outside of an outlook/microsoft email can be entered :/ seems like others do that when it's the case.
Anyone else have any tips or ways I can contact someone about this? Pretty bummed with this.

I even tried to unenroll and go back into it but still same eror when I click "show in store" then "install"
I've also encountered the same issue and wsreset and a host of other things I tried did not work. For me however it started after uninstalling and trying to reinstall.
Jag28 what did you uninstall and re-install?
I guess no help then lol
I have also encountered this after uninstalling the mcc insider and trying to reinstall it.