Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Welcome to Halo Insider - Update 4/4/19

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 66
  4. 67
  5. 68
  6. 69
  7. 70
  8. ...
  9. 88
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
That's just divisive for the sake of being divisive. It might've been moved to xBox only, but it did start on both, and PC players have been waiting ~15 years for any game newer than Halo 2. There's no reason to try and make them push one ahead of the other, other than impatience or petty rivalries.
Can we stream it ??
See: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/streaming-the-flights/9be216a8-7c33-46b3-ae52-35d3a8856903/posts
Take this with a grain of salt; nobody is 100% sure as of yet so keep an eye out for official updates and flight invitation emails.
But they said we could stream it. I asked it. Other people asked it. And they answered it.
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
That's just divisive for the sake of being divisive. It might've started on xBox, but PC players have been waiting ~15 years for any game newer than Halo 2. There's no reason to try and make them push one ahead of the other, other than impatience or petty rivalries.
But they both started at the same time... November 15, 2001
But they said we could stream it. I asked it. Other people asked it. And they answered it.
I know but according to some, during a stream they said that NDA rules will differ from title to title, so they don't want to give a blanket 'yes' or 'no' for streaming. It might be true, it might be a rumour, it might change. I think it's likely we'll be allowed to stream Reach, but I'd go with an official confirmation in the flight invitations just to be sure.
Pumped to push the graphics higher than my 360 ever could! Can’t wait to see how it plays.
Unfortunately, I’m not home to submit my PC specs yet, but as soon as I get back it’s gonna be the first thing I do! Really excited to help out and see Halo thriving under 343’s leadership! MCC PC and Infinite here we come! Touching on the divisiveness above; can’t we just all be excited that we even have an opportunity to test these legendary games we all love? In the end they all release on the same day and our sole purpose here is to focus on helping 343 sniff out the bugs and create a good experience for all new and OG Halo fans. Let’s keep our eyes on the end goal. ;)
Unfortunately, I’m not home to submit my PC specs yet, but as soon as I get back it’s gonna be the first thing I do! Really excited to help out and see Halo thriving under 343’s leadership! MCC PC and Infinite here we come! Touching on the divisiveness above; can’t we just all be excited that we even have an opportunity to test these legendary games we all love? In the end they all release on the same day and our sole purpose here is to focus on helping 343 sniff out the bugs and create a good experience for all new and OG Halo fans. Let’s keep our eyes on the end goal. ;)
Well said! I feel as though most of us feel this way.
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
You forget Halo: CE was originally a pc game, but was bought by Microsoft and bungie released it on xbox first.
"The first title in the series is Halo: Combat Evolved on Xbox, released on November 15, 2001. The game was initially intended to be released for Windows and Mac OS, until Microsoft's purchase of Bungie in 2000 led to the game becoming an Xbox launch title and delaying any release for personal computers for 2 years."
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
well if you wanna get pedantic, it does have priority, and no it did not start on the Xbox, it actually started on Xbox and PC, though stopped after halo 2 (FOR SOME REASON)
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
well if you wanna get pedantic, it does have priority, and no it did not start on the Xbox, it actually started on Xbox and PC, though stopped after halo 2 (FOR SOME REASON)
If you want to get even more pedantic, Halo actually started on Mac, and was revealed on stage at macworld on July 21st, 1999... So if anything gets priority for seniority, wouldn't it be a MacOS port?
(Please note that I'm joking about the priority part.)
SycSorrows wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
well if you wanna get pedantic, it does have priority, and no it did not start on the Xbox, it actually started on Xbox and PC, though stopped after halo 2 (FOR SOME REASON)
If you want to get even more pedantic, Halo actually started on Mac, and was revealed on stage at macworld on July 21st, 1999... So if anything gets priority for seniority, wouldn't it be a MacOS port?
(Please note that I'm joking about the priority part.)
you may jest but your point is valid, and i thought that was "ONI" for mac os, did not know that halo was made for there first, so thanks for educating me
It actually doesn't matter on which platform the game came first, you must recognize they are putting this much effort into these games for pc only, else its not much of a big deal relaunching an xbox title on another xbox
Crescen1 wrote:
It actually doesn't matter on which platform the game came first, you must recognize they are putting this much effort into these games for pc only, else its not much of a big deal relaunching an xbox title on another xbox
Well said, I mean they're really treating both communities as equals and not favoring one over the other. Both communities are very important for the progression of halo.
Couldn't agree more
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
Actually halo was going to be on PC before they agreed for Xbox so yea and they are working hard so be patient and saying you have an opinion is kinda sad to bring up that you have one because everyone dose so yea BTW I have the right to an opinion
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
Oh and ps there probably going to do pc first to test it and see if it’s stable because Xbox they know what there doing for another halo game on Xbox but pc is different so I’d expect pc first at least a week before Xbox
can’t wait to get back in Halo: Reach again. I’ve got into competitive Halo around early 2008 on Halo 2 Vista. then I got myself a Xbox 360 and I got Halo 3 when it was in its prime. I met a lot of close friends that I still talk to today on Xbox Live after all these years. the Halo community will always be my favorite community ever established in the golden era of Xbox Live, that’ll never change. Halo: Reach was one of the best games that was left off and it has a special place in my heart once 343 stepped in to continue to support the game when Halo CE Anniversary came around. so excited on participating on future flights and to hopefully meet and play with y’all and give community feedback on making Halo: Reach and the MCC atmosphere and coding. it’ll be a pleasure to have this type of commitment and opportunity to test early. Thank you!
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
That's just divisive for the sake of being divisive. It might've been moved to xBox only, but it did start on both, and PC players have been waiting ~15 years for any game newer than Halo 2. There's no reason to try and make them push one ahead of the other, other than impatience or petty rivalries.
W-what...ironically being divisive by calling me divisive, It actually got ported to pc but it started on Xbox. Also, If they didn't want to wait 15 years... Then maybe they should have purchased an Xbox. "Rivalries" lol...
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
You forget Halo: CE was originally a pc game, but was bought by Microsoft and bungie released it on xbox first.
"The first title in the series is Halo: Combat Evolved on Xbox, released on November 15, 2001. The game was initially intended to be released for Windows and Mac OS, until Microsoft's purchase of Bungie in 2000 led to the game becoming an Xbox launch title and delaying any release for personal computers for 2 years."
You realize that "what if" doesn't amount to an "i gotcha!" moment, right?
"Halo: Combat Evolved is a 2001 military science fiction first-person shooter video game developed by Bungie and published by Microsoft Game Studios. It was released as a launch title for Microsoft's Xbox video game console on November 15, 2001"
SycSorrows wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
osmacar wrote:
Zedfu wrote:
Bring us the Xbox flighting!
just bring the flightings, no need to hog for one side when platform is just platform
nah i have the right to an opinion, halo started on xbox so it rightfully should get priority
well if you wanna get pedantic, it does have priority, and no it did not start on the Xbox, it actually started on Xbox and PC, though stopped after halo 2 (FOR SOME REASON)
If you want to get even more pedantic, Halo actually started on Mac, and was revealed on stage at macworld on July 21st, 1999... So if anything gets priority for seniority, wouldn't it be a MacOS port?
(Please note that I'm joking about the priority part.)
What did the game end up on? It was the Xbox, In 2001, Please can any other contrarians about to copy paste the same sentiment realize i'm just stating an objective fact (along with my thoughts).The Xbox console built Halo and vice versa, Neither would be as well off without the other.
Can't wait for the Xbox flight test!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 66
  4. 67
  5. 68
  6. 69
  7. 70
  8. ...
  9. 88