Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What can I do to join next flight?

OP HWreckreational

I've been playing this game competitively and attended multiple MLG tournaments between h3-reach in the past. This is honestly the only game I would play if granted the access. I have not loved a fps since old school Halo. I've been signed up for quite a while but is there anything I can do on my end to increase my chances of being selected? I have been awaiting this since I first transferred to PC. This game has meant so much to me in the past and is the only FPS I have any interest in. Please give me the opportunity so I can quit playing these Battle Royale RNG games XD

Please disregard the account name here lol. I do not remember my information from years ago and my xbox is currently a toaster so I made this one and haven't edited the name.
There's nothing you can do to increase your chances really; they only rarely hand out individual invites. If you meet their criteria you'll be in with a chance of being selected but there's a lot of people so it isn't a guarantee. Just make sure everything in your Insider profile is accurate, you're opted in to communication updates, and your email is verified - after that it's a waiting game.

This is the last planned flight for Reach and as far as I know the last set of emails has gone out, but there's likely going to be more for the other games in the MCC.
We're not getting invited. Ever. Unless you're a big name with lots of money/followers, we don't get to play till the game releases. Just get to watch rich people have fun! Just imagine, well off streamers are playing and having fun as we speak, and the rest of us don't even have an estimated release date yet, lmao. I bought MCC for Xbox One on release because of my love for the franchise, but as you all know, the multiplayer was nonfunctional for 4 years straight. I've moved on from consoles now, and I thought I'd give 343 a second chance on PC. But they're pushing me again. And on top of all that, I'm 99% sure I'm going to have to buy it all again, even know I purchased the broken version on Xbox years ago. How fan friendly.
kawaffles wrote:
We're not getting invited. Ever. Unless you're a big name with lots of money/followers, we don't get to play till the game releases. Just get to watch rich people have fun! Just imagine, well off streamers are playing and having fun as we speak, and the rest of us don't even have an estimated release date yet, lmao. I bought MCC for Xbox One on release because of my love for the franchise, but as you all know, the multiplayer was nonfunctional for 4 years straight. I've moved on from consoles now, and I thought I'd give 343 a second chance on PC. But they're the same liars they always were. And on top of all that, I'm 99% sure I'm going to have to buy it all again, even know I purchased the broken version on Xbox years ago. How fan friendly.
The flight was sent to a lot of people and it’s not targeting popular people with lots of followers. There’s regular people like me that got in, you guys have to wait for the next one (Halo CE). 343 wouldn’t let it break like last time.

They are showing an example by doing pc flights so that we can report all the bugs and latency and issues, even on Xbox people had to. There was a time where they had trouble with connectivity for me on flight 2 on pc where it loops connecting to players.
Don’t let the “they didn’t invite me to the flight” mentality make you look down among the game. You will probably get in the next one.
I've been playing this game competitively and attended multiple MLG tournaments between h3-reach in the past. This is honestly the only game I would play if granted the access. I have not loved a fps since old school Halo. I've been signed up for quite a while but is there anything I can do on my end to increase my chances of being selected? I have been awaiting this since I first transferred to PC. This game has meant so much to me in the past and is the only FPS I have any interest in. Please give me the opportunity so I can quit playing these Battle Royale RNG games XD

Please disregard the account name here lol. I do not remember my information from years ago and my xbox is currently a toaster so I made this one and haven't edited the name.
The only things I can think of is update the opt in info every so often and wait for Halo Ce flight.
kawaffles wrote:
We're not getting invited. Ever. Unless you're a big name with lots of money/followers, we don't get to play till the game releases. Just get to watch rich people have fun! Just imagine, well off streamers are playing and having fun as we speak, and the rest of us don't even have an estimated release date yet, lmao. I bought MCC for Xbox One on release because of my love for the franchise, but as you all know, the multiplayer was nonfunctional for 4 years straight. I've moved on from consoles now, and I thought I'd give 343 a second chance on PC. But they're the same liars they always were. And on top of all that, I'm 99% sure I'm going to have to buy it all again, even know I purchased the broken version on Xbox years ago. How fan friendly.7
Lol I got an invite last month to be part of the flight on Xbox one and I'm not a streamer or am I filthy rich or am I a big name in the community I did go to a mlg tournament back in 2009 and my team barely made it in the top 52 and then one other tournament earlier this year at dreamhack Dallas just to watch the 4v4 tournament and to compete in the FFA tournament really just making sure you're signed in right what the halo insider program correctly as well as the Xbox insider correctly and honestly just having a little luck but I do know the Xbox one flight was a lot easier to get in because they sent 50,000 invites to it but they only did one flight for the Xbox one but don't be saying that 343 it's only letting rich people, and big name streamers to be part of these important flight tests and leaving out long time fans of the HALO series out because I am one of those fans and I got picked and because they're so important these flight test that's why not everybody who signs up for it changes automatically get an invite they just need enough people define the bugs and make sure everything's working properly on any of the Xbox one systems or any of the PC's systems that meet the requirements to run the game work as well it's sucks that u didn't get picked but don't blame 343 and their the reason you weren't picked.
kawaffles wrote:
We're not getting invited. Ever. Unless you're a big name with lots of money/followers, we don't get to play till the game releases.
This is patently false. Currently much less than 1 out of every 100 players invited to flighting have been content creators / streamers or those 343 have specially invited to test. The rest of the players have been taken from the pool of Insiders. A small portion of those players will be people who have taken part in previous flights and who have been active and given valuable feedback
kawaffles wrote:
We're not getting invited. Ever. Unless you're a big name with lots of money/followers, we don't get to play till the game releases. Just get to watch rich people have fun! Just imagine, well off streamers are playing and having fun as we speak, and the rest of us don't even have an estimated release date yet, lmao. I bought MCC for Xbox One on release because of my love for the franchise, but as you all know, the multiplayer was nonfunctional for 4 years straight. I've moved on from consoles now, and I thought I'd give 343 a second chance on PC. But they're the same liars they always were. And on top of all that, I'm 99% sure I'm going to have to buy it all again, even know I purchased the broken version on Xbox years ago. How fan friendly.
This is a very negative way of looking at it.

I got invited and never played Halo on console, ever.

Make sure your settings and DXDIAG are updated. 343 is looking for different PC setups as well, so there are multiple reasons why they might not send you an invite.
stckrboy wrote:
kawaffles wrote:
We're not getting invited. Ever. Unless you're a big name with lots of money/followers, we don't get to play till the game releases.
This is patently false. Currently much less than 1 out of every 100 players invited to flighting have been content creators / streamers or those 343 have specially invited to test. The rest of the players have been taken from the pool of Insiders. A small portion of those players will be people who have taken part in previous flights and who have been active and given valuable feedback
I think this speaks more to the fact that there just aren't that many large Halo content creators/streamers.
Invite me please!
cross your fingers
stckrboy wrote:
kawaffles wrote:
That might be the case but the problem that I see is if any of those content creators or streamers want in, they get in but i guess that is just the perks of knowing the right people to get you in.
I guess hopefully most of us will just patiently wait and watch those streamers and content creators for the time being.
That might be the case but the problem that I see is if any of those content creators or streamers want in, they get in but i guess that is just the perks of knowing the right people to get you in.
Not every streamer or content creator is going to get in, even if they know the right people. It can always look that way but it's really not how it is
stckrboy wrote:
kawaffles wrote:
Fair enough. But you must understand that this beta was marketed as being a lot more inclusive. I have no problem with filling out bug reports for the issues I encounter. It just really seemed like there would be more flights, with a lot more people involved. What initially caused me to make that post was going onto my Twitch feed, and 3 popular streamers were playing MCC. I still haven't had as much as a single E-mail from Waypoint, and we don't have a release date. I hope you can sympathize with how that would be kind of jarring to see. Further fueled by my Xbox launch experience.
Kibbe wrote:
kawaffles wrote:
This is a very negative way of looking at it.

I got invited and never played Halo on console, ever.

Make sure your settings and DXDIAG are updated. 343 is looking for different PC setups as well, so there are multiple reasons why they might not send you an invite.
My DXDIAG, and all other info are accurate. I was quite early to sign up for insider, and I was very thorough in my setup. I guess that's why I really thought I would be invited.
kawaffles wrote:
What initially caused me to make that post was going onto my Twitch feed, and 3 popular streamers were playing MCC. I still haven't had as much as a single E-mail from Waypoint, and we don't have a release date.
3, out of 50 thousand players that were invited and countless other thousand that have been invited to other flights. I can totally understand that it may be frustratuing to not get in, but you're not the only person in that position. I would love to see everyone have a chance to help out and I'm sure 343 would too, but it's just not always feasible depending on what they need to test. Don't forget that Reach is not the only game that will need testing, CE, 2, 3, 4 and ODST will very liekly go through the same testing, not to mention Halo Infinite will also have a flighting program.
stckrboy wrote:
kawaffles wrote:
What initially caused me to make that post was going onto my Twitch feed, and 3 popular streamers were playing MCC. I still haven't had as much as a single E-mail from Waypoint, and we don't have a release date.
3, out of 50 thousand players that were invited and countless other thousand that have been invited to other flights. I can totally understand that it may be frustratuing to not get in, but you're not the only person in that position. I would love to see everyone have a chance to help out and I'm sure 343 would too, but it's just not always feasible depending on what they need to test. Don't forget that Reach is not the only game that will need testing, CE, 2, 3, 4 and ODST will very liekly go through the same testing, not to mention Halo Infinite will also have a flighting program.
I see. Well, I'll cross my fingers for next time I suppose.
Guys remember that this may not be the last flight for Reach on PC, its the last planned flight for now but with still a number of outstanding issues still to go (including uncapped fps option now taken out), there probably is going to have to be another flight possibly again in the near future before its release. It doesn't make much sense to be done with Reach between November 18th and release for insiders when we will need to still test everything for the release final build as well so the majority concensus is were happy with game going for release and nothing too major that is negative, this is important I think. What we have is a mid-draft of the final product ATM.
3rd of December lol