Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 23
I've been playing with Keyboard and mouse for so long but ill always remember my grass roots of xbox. Halo CE - 5, controller will always have a place in my heart.
Controller. Just for comfort. I like to play rocked back, often with my feet up. Sitting upright staring straight into the screen. Ya no. I'm hoping they implement some sort of controller auto-aim like in Destiny 2. I played H5 MP on PC using controller and didn't notice any issues of getting my -Yoink- handed to me any more than normal.
Keyboard and mouse. Im bad with controller :D i have one but i only use it in few games. Forza Horizon 4, Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 etc.. where is the shooting is important, i use keyboard and mouse..
Keyboard, if I have to use a controller, an Xbox controller, but no the elite... Too heavy.
I use kb&m and also use xbox one controller for single player games
Most preferred: keyboard and mouse. Some Forethought, would be that USB 3.0 controllers could work. Like, XBOX One wired controllers. Don't get me started about, why? 2.0 seems a bit slow and less responsive.
Personally, I'm a huge fan of using an Xbox 360 controller, so that's what I'll almost certainly be using for flighting.

For me, the twitchy style of mouse aiming breaks immersion (though I'll use a mouse for games that don't have controller support), whereas the speed of a controller feels more accurate to an actual soldier (though I often bump up the sensitivity a bit). Further, I prefer to have analog movement controls. Simply having on/off controls for walking, and in only 4 directions, isn't nearly as nice for me as having a full control stick for the purpose. (It doesn't hurt that using a controller also is way more comfortable on my hands than keyboard/mouse, too. My hands get sore quickly using them, while I can play with a controller for several hours.)
Keyboard and mouse I might get used to, but I am oh so very tempted to hook up my gamepad and stick to that for now. I'm sure the aim-assist will still be in to help crutch the inaccuracies of the controller.
Probably Xbox One controller mainly. I'll dabble with KB/M but wrist issues make it quite uncomfortable for me after a little while, I'll take reduced precision over numb hands any day haha. I've also never been into the super competitive FPS scene so it's no big loss to me anyways.
I used to be a hardcore console player in the Halo 3 days but I've since switched to PC. I'll definitely be using KB/M for MCC and Reach on PC.
This is the exact way I feel on this topic, though I do use keyboard and mouse more often and I cannot wait to use it on Halo MCC on PC
Dclanz wrote:
My preferred devices would be a mix of keyboard/mouse and Xbox One controller as I've been using both for quite some time.
K&M for "competitive" games,
Xbox One controller for the Ninjas
Keyboard, mouse and xbox 360 controller since I use it now and then.
I actual really enjoy the xbox elite controller on my pc. While the aiming isnt a percise the control over movement "i feel" is a great as a mouse is for aiming.
Now for the Halo games themselves even the original Halo 2 pc version works great with a controller. Ive been playing it in anticipation of the MCC rerelase.
I would like to see how online will compare with a mouse and keyboard. Its kinda hard to keep up on battlefield 4 with a controller on account of lack of aim assist. So i would like to see Halo try and keep some form of "support" for controller users. For most people have only played halo with a controller and it will probably still continue to be the norm.
Mouse and Keyboard. They are a big reason we play on PC and not Consoles
The Steam Controller has become my favorite overall input device. Controllers are very comfy but the trackpad is more accurate than that. I've been trying to use the gyro for aiming more often.
Can confirm (to the dismay of anyone I got paired with on the OG Halo CE PC multiplayer... sorry) you're likely gonna get slaughtered by KB&M opponents. Happily I've graduated to KB&M since my highschool days of playing Halo CE on my Dell laptop with a Xbox controller I modded for USB and intend to play mostly, definitely all multiplayer, with KB&M, but I'm sure my Xbox One Elite controller will see some action when I feel like kicking back and playing some casual (non-legendary maybe) campaign.
Can confirm (to the dismay of anyone I got paired with on the OG Halo CE PC multiplayer... sorry) you're likely gonna get slaughtered by KB&M opponents. Happily I've graduated to KB&M since my highschool days of playing Halo CE on my Dell laptop with a Xbox controller I modded for USB and intend to play mostly, definitely all multiplayer, with KB&M, but I'm sure my Xbox One Elite controller will see some action when I feel like kicking back and playing some casual (non-legendary maybe) campaign.
The only one who can beat KB&M are players that beat HALO in legendary all skulls.
all i got is a Logitech Keyboard and Mouse probably will be what I use the most, but also have a Xbox One Controller if I feel like changing it up.
I had always used the 360 controller as my main, but had to obviously change to the Xbox One controller. As time went on, I started to enjoy the One controller over 36, but I attribute this to the timeframe I had spent with a certain controller. I am now really into PC gaming and have barely touched my Xbox as Halo 5 wasn't amazing to me (I did enjoy the Custom Games, but multiplayer was a short-lived journey with my dislike of some of its features). I fully support the mouse and keyboard experience and hope they integrate a customization of the key bindings. I will personally use KB and M, but will maybe try out my Xbox controller for an emotional ride to my earlier gaming years.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 23