Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 23
Keyboard and mouse for sure for the best possible violence, speed and momentum!!
For halo games? Depends on what's happening on the screen. Controller when driving/piloting vehicles. Mouse and keyboard when on foot and turrets/passager seats. The small delay of entering or exiting vehicles is more than enough to pick up a controller or move back to mouse and keyboard.
I have just started maining a PC, so my preferred would be controller - but i will be attempting mouse and keyboard first. I'm 40 years old, its hard to change, but i like the feel of mouse and keyboard so I will persevere
It depends on the game. In this case i would rather play with mouse and keyboard. But when i think about flying in HALO i would prefer a controller and we have to see how the mouse and keyboard input is, but hey thats why we are here right? ;P To ensure the best possible experience when the final product releases :)
Can confirm (to the dismay of anyone I got paired with on the OG Halo CE PC multiplayer... sorry) you're likely gonna get slaughtered by KB&M opponents. Happily I've graduated to KB&M since my highschool days of playing Halo CE on my Dell laptop with a Xbox controller I modded for USB and intend to play mostly, definitely all multiplayer, with KB&M, but I'm sure my Xbox One Elite controller will see some action when I feel like kicking back and playing some casual (non-legendary maybe) campaign.
The only one who can beat KB&M are players that beat HALO in legendary all skulls.
Unless they beat Legendary with all skulls on KB&M
Keyboard and Mouse. Although I may considering using Xbox One controller for driving if we can seamlessly swap between the two.
Keyboard and mouse, though in a few slower-paced games I'll use my Steam Controller.
Looking at getting a Hori RWA for driving sims though.
If I'm playing a more relaxed game where skill is less important I'll use my Xbox One Controller otherwise PC controls.
I still feel more comfortable with a controller than PC controls but competitive FPS's usually lean towards mouse and keyboard.
First Person = Keyboard and Mouse
Third Person = Xbox One Controller
Most likely I'll be using Keyboard and Mouse, I've been using it for so long and I've gotten used to it. Might go to controller once in a while to get that old feeling back :D
For FPS I use mouse and keyboard, for racing, fighting and simulations I use ps4 controller. So I'll probably be using keyboard and mouse. Or maybe my razer tartarus and mouse. =)
Definitely logitech g13 gamepad and logitech g600 mmo mouse. I love not having to move the finger(s) I use for movement in order to press other keys. Plus I get the best of both worlds. A joystick for steering and a mouse for aiming. I really hope they support either direct input or using a controller and mouse at the same time, so that my control setup will work.
Keyboard and mouse and yes its the only thing i can imagine using on PC. Its the default input device for PC and superior to all others so i really have no intention of even trying controller.
Yeah, if we could just get the Guitar Hero controller meta going, that'd be GRRREEEEAT.
FPS/TPS:
Mouse and Keyboard, more responsive.

FPS/TPS Driving:
Xbox 360 Controller
Racing:
Xbox 360 Controller
Flying around in space
X56 H.O.T.A.S
RPG's:
Whatever I feel like using
KBM. Only use a controller (Xbone controller) for games like Nier, Mortal Kombat, or Soulsbornes. Been on PC for years, and using a controller has been the worst thing about booting up Halo on my Xbox - they just feel so sluggish and awkward without practice.
Mouse and Keyboard, I really only use a controller for certain games nowadays but never for fps on my PC.
Phanes5364 wrote:
I've made the transition over to PC completely as of last fall. Decided I would give it a shot. And well it has been well worth it. Honestly if it comes down to driving mechanics you bet I will put the Mouse and Keyboard option away and plug that Xbox Controller in. I guess it's just me, or does anyone else also prefer controllers for games that are like say GTA V where the driving and flying is smoother on a controller. Whereas aiming is smoother on a mouse.
I almost always switch for pvp to kb/m and for vehicles to controller just because it's nearly mandatory for light adjusting steering
i use mouse and key
controller for driving but keyboard and mouse for everything else (Thanks xinput)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 23