Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
Let's be real. If you've played PC for over three months, you're proffered input device is probably going to be a keyboard and mouse.
Xbox One controller, use it on PC in Battlefield 5, was a nightmare to get used to but you adapt.
Keyboard and mouse. The flight controls arent extensive to the extent that I would need a controller to fly effectively.
Just to add to the pool,
KBM, for when the "gloves are off" and I'm on foot

Gamepad for anything driving/piloting

Grand Theft Auto V did this soooo well, and this is the setup I used for that game, for Halo, it will be no different when MCC launches

343i PLEASE support on-the-fly automatic input switching, use GTAV as an example, it rocks this example the best!
KBM for everything minus souls games and fighting games, in which case I use my old wired 360 controllers which work quite well. One of the things I'm really looking for here is for the MCC to have really tight KBM controls.
KBM will be my primary choice. If there is the option to join lobby’s that only utilize joycons than I’ll bust out my XB1 controller.
I bounce back and forth between an Elite controller and KBM. It really depends how far I want to sit from my screen and how competitively I plan on playing.
Depends, on PC I usually use keyboard and mouse for most FPS games, but sometimes I might use a controller for the more paced ones like the Metro games. Perhaps I'll use a controller for MCC on PC, maybe not.
Entirely depends on my mood at the time and the game I'm playing, I use both the Elite Controller and keyboard/mouse. I will probably use controller for MCC, I've already got the muscle memory for it, might as well use it.
KB/M definitely for FPS titles and older PC games that don't play well with a controller but controller (Dualshock 4) whenever it's better for the game as it's just nicer for me to lay on the couch than sit in front of my desk these days. :-) (2D/3D platformers, racing games, third person games like Dark Souls/Witcher 3, Rocket League etc.)
Keyboard and mouse unless it is a bad port or I have a history of playing it on the Xbox. in that case, I get my controller.
I use a Steam Controller these days when playing PC. I don't have a desk now I've moved house so it is difficult to play keyboard and mouse.

I think for Halo I would always have to use a controller of some sort just because it is all I know with Halo.
When I'm playing competitive keyboard and mouse.
But when I just want to relax and play on my 4K TV maybe the Xbox One (or elite) controller depending on what I'm in the mood for.
I use Keyboard and mouse.
Personally I'll most likely just plug my charging cable into my PC for my controller, it's what I'm used to. I will give KB/M a shot, though.
Mouse and keyboard. I keep an Xbox controller on hand for racing games and flight sims (don't have the desk space for a wheel or flight stick) as you definitely want analog input for those kinds of games. But for shooters, you can't beat a mouse.
9/10 on PC I use KB&M, but have only ever played Halo on Xbox, so this should be an interesting experience.
Mouse and keyboard, but this time proper support. Not like Halo 5 Forge for PC. Mouse feels very weird on that. OG Halo CE is perfect (the early 2000's pc release).
Definitely mouse and keyboard. It's way easier to play with, and after using it for 8 years straight I'm way more comfortable with it than I was with a controller.
Keyboard and mouse, mainly because this is how I've been playing while growing up when it comes to first person games (quake I believe was the first proper FPS with a good mouse/keyboard support I played). I have grown accustomed to a controller over the years though with the games that I just had to play, like a few of the Halo games on Xbox 360, and the original Xbox back in the day, and the killzone games on Playstation. But my go to is always mouse and keyboard.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24