Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 24
I use a Steam Controller. If I can't use my Steam Controller, I don't play it. Really sucks about Destiny 2. Really hoping MCC PC lets us use simultaneous mouse+controller inputs, because at the moment Halo 2 Project Cartographer is the best controller experience for Halo on the PC.
There seems to be some confusion. Halo is the game that invested controller based FPS. It's feel (recoil and magnetism) are specifically tailored to it. That's why the guns always felt so good. So now you want to bring MKB in which will only split the community into two matchmaking bins both of which will be sparsely populated after a year or so. Destiny 2 did it ok where controllers behave as expected, where a mouse has no aim assist but also ditches the recoil from controller input.

You guys know it's not the 90s anymore and you don't have to game on your PC in a dingy corner at a desk right? ;)
depends but ill probably use mouse and keyboard when matchmaking, it just seems like you wont have a chance against players who use mouse and keyboard in certain situations with a controller.
Xbox One Controller
Keyboard and mouse for Shooters . MMO's , RTS and MOBA and controller for Platform and Racing
I moved to PC gaming some years ago with no experience whatsoever and got used to mouse/keyboard over the time. If you put time and effort into it, it won't take long before you become good. A friend of mine did the same a year ago and we both needed one/two months each to get to our "Xbox controller level". If you want to learn I suggest to read guides and watch tutorials to set the optimal in-game sensitivity and mouse DPI so that you'll just need to practice when the time comes. You can start even now, there are a lot of free games/tools to train your aim. M/K is significantly better and you should give it a try, but if you play just for fun occasionally while and don't really care about results or you don't have much time it's probably not worth imho.

I feel like controllers are much harder to learn, while the m/k combo is very intuitive and easy to pick up. The only difference is that we learned how to use controllers when we were young, so we kind of forgot the struggle or we simply didn't notice. Just a thought based on what I see when letting people play for the first time on these input devices.
I always use mouse and keyboard after Halo 2 fiasco on PCI had to switch like many to xbox control support for most games as cross play from device to device created problems for myself in re learning how to efficiently navigate or combo attacks. Now I have and I tracker and we have xbox pro controllers still missing Built-in Bluetooth Microsoft... Many options for myself this game will set the marker again if keyboard functionality without any lag is back without mods like Halo one on the pc.

- Lucas
As a competitive PC player, I must say keyboard and mouse ^^. All my Halo experience comes from controller though but since i've switched to PC I'm never going back to controller and when I learned that Halo was coming to PC... I litteraly lost my sh't :DDD
Mostly keyboard, except that games that plays better with - or when I'm lazy I use Steam Controller
I'm using a Trackball, a CST 2545W-RC it has three DPI settings, it's great for gaming actually.
And a DasKeyboard Pro 3 with Blue Switches along with the Razer Tartarus v2.

I do play Rocket League with a Xbox One S controller on PC, so it's not alien to me either.

I use a Steam Controller on occasion for games like Halo Wars.
Used to be a big Xbox Elite controller fan, but started adjusting to and eventually strongly preferring KB+M over everything else.
I will definitely be using a keyboard and mouse. The reason being is that I have spent about 5 or 6 years now transitioning to PC games and I feel my accuracy with a mouse and precision in my movement with a keyboard is so much greater with a keyboard and mouse now than it ever was with a controller.
For most games I tend to stick with custome but unified bindings on my keyboard and mouse while occasionally using random periferials such as a flughtstick to do self inflicted challenges
ive been playing Halo for 15 years now and i believe controller will always be better for Halo . even with a more accurate aim with a K&M i believe halo is more about movement / position than pure aim . will be playing Halo mcc PC with controller no doubt
Keyboard and Mouse are my favorite by far! Though I do use controllers and gamepads from time to time for vehicles and some FPS games that just don't "feel right" with a keyboard and mouse. Regardless, I'll likely use KB/M and maybe switch to controller here and there to get a feel to see which I like more on MCC
KB / M
iSmiLe wrote:
ive been playing Halo for 15 years now and i believe controller will always be better for Halo . even with a more accurate aim with a K&M i believe halo is more about movement / position than pure aim . will be playing Halo mcc PC with controller no doubt
Halo 1 on PC what controller did you use?
It is Halo so definitely an Xbox One controller, anything else would feel unnatural. That being said, for the lulz I will hookup my X-Arcade and try playing Halo with it.
I use mouse and keyboard / the xbox 360 controller interchangeably. i use keyboard and mouse more than the 360 controller because the controller input isn't implemented in such a way that i can decide to as what button does what.
For a PC FPS, keyboard and mouse without hesitation. I will have an xbox controller on deck for halo though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 24