Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 24
Keyboard and mouse when on PC
Razor blackwidow ultimate and razor naga 2012 edition (yeah it still works somehow)
I just can't get use to mouse/keyboard.....! I use an xbox one elite controller
I have been using the Xbox one or a PS4 controller to play online shooters on the pc. I still got my old xbox 360 controller I used to use lol. I do plan on trying both keyboard mouse and controller, though I'll end up using a controller more off.
I was always a PC gamer, playing Wolf3d and doom as a kid. I mean, I did play some consoles here and there but for FPSes? I always felt they only be played on PC. So I ended up shunning some really good games due to how awkward controllers were to play them.

As a teen I had a friend who taught me how to really play halo.... With halo 3, on legendary, forcing me to use the boxer control setup. It was absolutely terrible to watch, I would go over his house and get trashed over and over again while he played with max sensitivity. (I still can't figure out how someone can play with max sensitivity) So after awhile I asked and requested and got a 360 with Halo 3 for Christmas, and I had to learn to use a controller. (Also I got stuck to boxer. I couldn't use any other control setup)

Since then though? I went on playing halo for a good while, ODST, reach, wars. Went back and played Halo 1 CE when that came out. However I always, always wanted halo on PC. To play it the CORRECT way, the way any FPS game deserves to be played, mouse and keyboard, as god intended (Joking a bit, but halo on M+KB tho, mmhmm)
Keyboard and mouse, but for some games i apreciate sometimes the xbox 360 controller.
Mouse (BenQ ZOWIE EC1-B) and keyboard (Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2).
although i have my most beloved Xbox 360 Controller right infront of me i still prefer Mouse(G502) and Keyboard(Blackwidow Ultimate)
For PC its keyboard and mouse all the way.

In response to the update blog and the team wanting to make keyboard and mouse and controller comparable all I can think is why?
-When making MCC for xbox was it a goal to make keyboard and mouse work?
-If you are trying to make them comparable or even your either going to make keyboard and mouse work worse or your going to have to turn up the aim assist or magnetic aim or whatever they called it up for controllers and by doing that you risk creating a meta.

Make the PC game for PC players using the PC input. If you want to make the controller usable for campaign that's fine but don't put our multiplayer at risk by trying to put the keyboard/mouse and controller on even ground, it doesn't exist.
YamaMX wrote:
On PC using a controller in multiplayer shooters is just suicide. Not even the aim assist would help since the difference in reactions and movement is too big.
Have near a 2.7 in D2 PC and win most all of my gun battles out straffing and shooting, decent ELO. Noticed minimal difference at best from D1 console only. Aim assist does indeed help at medium range greatly, reaction time however is hindered compared to better PC players who tend to get the jump if I’m mispositioned, but that’s on me in the first place. I’m not saying KBM isn’t superior, but depending on the game (Halo and D1,2 are console first titles) it can be viable still at decently high levels. I played multiple fighters at a national level and couldn’t imagine players not using an arcade stick, but somehow some did and they were on stage playing in the same finals as me.
That's good but Destiny has a huge amount of aim assist. The game practically holds your hand, I tried playing Halo after destiny and you don't realize it till you play something else.
It depends on the situation, in any competitve mode I always using kb+m, sometimes for the campaigns using X360 wired controller, but I think I'll just using kb+m for the upcoming Halo games, cuz I want to play multiplayer with you guys :)
I prefer keyboard and mouse because of the precision and customization they offer. I can not express how much better a mouse and keyboard are for holding cheeky angles in Rainbow six siege. I prefer controllers for rpg games since they offer a more casual experience. It took me a while to get use to keyboard and mouse ( i played Battlefield 3 a lot so I gained skill overtime) but once I became skilled I could not go back. At the end of the day I would say you are at a disadvantage if you decide to play fps games on pc with a controller. The caveat would be if the game offers good aim assist for controllers that can not be exploited by keyboard and mouse users. Games like Destiny 2 come to mind. I have a few friends that use controllers in the pvp and they hold their own very well.
For FPS games on PC, my first choice is the keyboard and mouse. The control scheme allows me to be more precise and quicker to turn and aim. Then since most PC players are also using KB+M, it's almost essential if you want to be competitive.

I do wish the old controller was viable though. I find it more comfortable to use.
Gonna use my Burger Time Mat to play, I'll have the edge on the competition.
My baseline for PC gaming is the keyboard. FPS and strategy games just work best with that. Games like The Witcher 3 and GTA V are where I pull out either my Xbox One or PS4 controller. Halo MCC on PC is going to be interesting because the campaigns are very story heavy and cinematic while multiplayer is very cinematic. How they pull off mouse and keyboard versus controller on Halo is going to be quite interesting.
STyK009 wrote:
For PC its keyboard and mouse all the way.

In response to the update blog and the team wanting to make keyboard and mouse and controller comparable all I can think is why?
-When making MCC for xbox was it a goal to make keyboard and mouse work?
-If you are trying to make them comparable or even your either going to make keyboard and mouse work worse or your going to have to turn up the aim assist or magnetic aim or whatever they called it up for controllers and by doing that you risk creating a meta.

Make the PC game for PC players using the PC input. If you want to make the controller usable for campaign that's fine but don't put our multiplayer at risk by trying to put the keyboard/mouse and controller on even ground, it doesn't exist.
I agree, in multiplayer there should be only 1 input type for everyone, and it should to be the kb+m.
For the campaign it's fine to use controller.
iSmiLe wrote:
ive been playing Halo for 15 years now and i believe controller will always be better for Halo . even with a more accurate aim with a K&M i believe halo is more about movement / position than pure aim . will be playing Halo mcc PC with controller no doubt
Halo 1 on PC what controller did you use?
wasnt playing on PC
Keyboard and mouse. I have been PC gamer now for a decade. Cant use controller anymore,
except in driving games.
I play Keyboard and mouse, I have 4 controllers for my friends to play PC splitscreen games and am really looking forward to have 4 of us sit around some good old Halo, that's gonna bring back so much memories for some of us. 2 XBox One controllers an old XBox 360 controller and an USB Nintendo GameCube controller (it has clickable sticks, 4 shoulder boutons, a start, a select and a home bouton, it's a PC compatible Switch controller made for Smash Ultimate (works really really well with DMC5)).
Keyboard and Mouse for me. Used to play console when I was a kid but changed to PC a couple of years ago. I tried to play some games on Xbox a while ago and just couldn't aim for the life of me.
I guess it clearly depend on the game i'm playing.
For example, I've got more pleasure playing Dauntless or Transistor with a controller (xbox one).
For FPS, Apex Legends was really good with controller to. But mouse and keyboard offered more possibily, sometimes a better aim ect !
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 24