Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. ...
  8. 24
Keyboard and Mouse.
After all, for FPS these two are better than others.
Ive gamed on PS for a long time, but ive recently got myself a PC. Never going back. Mouse and keyboard just have that precision you cant get with a controller.
On PC, Keyboard and Mouse since first PC FPS supported it. Do use x360 controller but it is mainly for racing or flight games.
Will be interesting if I pick up the controller for the MCC since I've played every Halo game on Xbox.
I played all the previous Halo games with a controller, but I look forward to using the keyboard and Mouse like all my current FPS games.
Keyboard/Mouse, Maybe a controller to have that nostalgic feeling a little.
Keyboard and mouse for me, I've been playing shooters on PC a lot after I played Halo 5 so I'm looking forward to it!
keyboard and mouse for sure
iSmiLe wrote:
iSmiLe wrote:
ive been playing Halo for 15 years now and i believe controller will always be better for Halo . even with a more accurate aim with a K&M i believe halo is more about movement / position than pure aim . will be playing Halo mcc PC with controller no doubt
Halo 1 on PC what controller did you use?
wasnt playing on PC
Generally speaking multiplayer in Halo doesn't require slower than max speed walking speed. Strafing is much more important than being able to walk at 10% walk speed by using an analog stick. WASD is plenty for shooters, especially because moving doesn't give you an accuracy penalty. Things like being able to whip your aim around instantly and snapping onto different targets quickly or at least having the option to is much more valuable than the extremely insignificant movement advantage an analog stick allows. The Halo sandbox is balanced around controllers. Mouse and keyboard will break and abuse this sandbox. Snipers will be incredibly OP. Spartan lasers will be able to be hipfired with 100% accuracy without any effort as a close range weapon. Controllers will always be more balanced for Halo, if that's what you mean.
KBM unless its games like Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games, which really are made with controllers in mind despite being ported to PC.
For FPS games I use a keyboard and mouse. But for third person games I generally use a controller.
So for MCC there is a good chance I will be using the keyboard and mouse option.
While I prefer keyboard and mouse in most PC games, I still see the controller as a viable option for player control. I'm sure for MCC I'll switch it up every now and again. Halo just feels so right with a controller, but I have to see how it feels with MKB :)
Depends on the gear you have. A decent gaming mouse with at least 8k DPI will get you far, and a good old fashion mechanical gaming keyboard. You got a -Yoink- sensor on a wireless logical mouse that cost you 20 bucks. Just plug in the controller.

I'm running a Razer set up, Razer naga v2 16k doing with a chroma razer black widow. No lag, precise, and customizable.
mouse and keyboard are now my primary's but ive always loved 360 controllers
Keyboard and mouse. Never liked gamepads myself, especially since the overwhelming majority of games i play are strategy games, which don't work well on a gamepad.
I'll probably end up using both KB/M and XB1 Controller just to see how good they both feel,
Keyboard and mouse only. With gamepad I´am so slowly :(
Keyboard and mouse are the best for FPS and easiest for sniping.
Keyboard and mouse or X360 controller.
The steering wheel
Me personally?
I like to use a controller on single player tasks so in the campaigns I'm going to use a controller just to relaaax.
Matchmaking though, I will use a Keyboard and Mouse and maybe controller depending on what suits the movement most.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. ...
  8. 24