Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 24
Depends on the game. I use KB+M for PvP shooters, but for co-op, I'll use an Xbox One controller for any shooters that have vehicles. I hate driving with WASD.
Keyboard and mouse in general. I just find that it is very versatile allowing a large amount of customisation and a large degree of control over your inputs into the game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modded content.
I like using my 360 controller whenever I can get away with it, but multiplayer demands a keyboard and mouse. No sense putting myself at a disadvantage against the twitch-shooting CS:GO crowd.
In order to play an fps like Halo I will use my keyboard and mouse, but if I want to play some other gender like driving or flying controller.
I have basically always used controllers even once I switched to PC.
I prefer the Xbox one controller but have also enjoyed the party controller as well. It will be Interesting to see how Halo handles with mouse and keyboard though.
Definitely KB+M. I only use controllers for souls games and fighting games. Everything else with KB+M.
Keyboard and Mouse
Playing Halo 2 Vista(or what's left of it) gives an almost unfair advantage to controller users due to the aim assist, specifically with the BR. But I still fare quite well regardless.
The same applies to Gears of War 4 PC and any other shooter that allows use of a controller (aside from CSGO. Just...why.) I just wish the aim assist wasn't so strong if anything, but I can understand why that's needed for people who use a stick to aim. Not a complaint, just an observation~
I swap between a Dualshock 3, Fightstick, graphics tablet, and keyboard&mouse depending on how comfortable I am with the games controls.
For PC will definitely be rocking KB/M - just to reacquaint myself with it if nothing else!
On PC I use keyboard and mouse, and on the 360 I use the controller. Haven't played 360 in a while though.
I Personally prefer KB+M because i just can't get the same amount of aim control with sticks.
Keyboard and mouse, with how precise you can be with it and the amount of customisation offered its an easy choice.
keyboard for everything except mortal kombat x. Since i use a xbox one controller for it.
As of late, I've found myself using controllers more, although that's probably because I'm usually playing games on my TV, and I also have a bunch of them that I like to fool around with. I do use KB/M for the few competitive games I play though.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modded content
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Steam Controller, for me. Best movement you can get from a controller, best aiming precision you can get from a mouse.
Having used both for years, Keyboard and Mouse is the way forward for me. The reason for my selection, for a shooter, no input method is as fast, and as accurate as the mouse. Doing a 180 degree turn using the controller just isn't fast enough. Changing the sensitivity to rectify this issue brings inaccuracy.
Xbox one Elite controller most of the time but I'll be trying to learn kb+m :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 24