Forums / Community / Halo Insider

What is your preferred input device? (PC)

OP Tezla Insanity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 24
Keyboard and mouse for FPS is the best option i think.
Keyboard and mouse, i use controller from time to time, but i cant go back to fully useing controller,
I don't see how anything besides M&KB can be used, the level of control just isn't matched with a controller even with heavy aim assist.
KB&M 100%. I've spent thousands of hours playing shooters with this setup
KBM is more comfortable and more efficient than a controller IMO, some controllers are pretty good (elite and razer ones) but a good MBK set is way better.
Masterkey Pro S RGB TKL Cherry MX Brown
Logitech G502 Spectrum
Sharkoon P40 L (45x35cm)
In the past only Mouse and Keyboard, but than I get used with controllers. Now I have problems to go back to mouse and keyboard but I will take that challenge :-)
I definitely use mouse and keyboard for fps on pc but I spent SO MANY hours playing all the Halos on controller... I'm sure I'll be trying both.
I've been exclusively PC since Xbone release, but I will be using my xbox 360 controller for MCC.
All my Halo reflex and experience has been on controller since 2001 when I was 11 to Halo 3 when I was around 17-20yo.
Can't wait to BXR and RRX YY RRX people again...
For Halo I swap a lot between M/K and Duke controller, but I have to say, when I had it I used to love the steam controller in Halo 2 with gyro controls and that was my main inputs on that game
Controller as is Halo tradition. I find using Mouse & Keyboard is way too precise for Halo and takes out most of the challenge. Also rumble is awesome.
Keyboard and Mouse are the traditionally way to Play any Kind of shooter on PC.
I'll be using KB&M. I can't use a controller for shooters ever since I moved to PC!
I will use KB&M unless they botch those controls, in which case I will go for my Switch Pro Controller (yay Steam controller support!).
With my current setup, controller--specifically, Xbox Elite controller. Yes, I'll mostly be playing MCC with it too.
What is your preferred input device when playing first person shooters on PC, and why?
  • Keyboard and mouse? Yes, this is my #1 preferred option.
  • Controller? If so, what type of controller? I have a Nintendo Switch Pro controller and several Xbox 360 controllers. I prefer the Xbox 360 controller when I absolutely must use one for a game.
  • Maybe even a flight stick / racing wheel? - I don't own either of these.
Will you use it on MCC PC?

I will be using strictly kb/m on MCC PC because that is one of the great benefits of playing a game on PC. Plus I have a really nice mouse / keyboard (FinalMouse Scream One / ErgoDox EZ) that I love using so I will definitely be sticking with them. I am also used to using kb/m on HCE and H2V so it doesn't make sense to use anything else in my scenario.
I play on Keyboard and mouse FPS. Action/Adventure games normally on Gamepad.
Keyboard and mouse 4 ever !!!
Must be keyboard and mouse!
I play a lot with mouse and keyboard, but the xbox 360 controller is truly a classic.
I'll be playing with a modded Wiimote and Nunchuck.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 24