Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Insider

When can you test Infinite for the first time?

OP UCSM Exil YT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
why does halo infinite take place after halo 4?
FRGWhisper wrote:
it doesnt, it takes place after the events of halo 5 (and hopefully halo wars 2 but only halo 5 confirmed)
no it doesn't if you watch the end of the halo 4 ending its the exact same one that is in the halo infinite E3 trailer
IanCasll wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
it doesnt, it takes place after the events of halo 5 (and hopefully halo wars 2 but only halo 5 confirmed)
no it doesn't if you watch the end of the halo 4 ending its the exact same one that is in the halo infinite E3 trailer
FRGWhisper wrote:
IanCasll wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
No, it isn't.
If you say this because chief is floating around in space, well, he tends to do that a lot in the halo series lol.
but microsoft and 343 have stated that, Yes Halo infinite is set after the events of halo 5, in short its Halo 6 even if its not stated, a quick google search will get you that information but heres an article you can find in 2 seconds.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-is-halo-6-not-a-prequel-microsoft-sa/1100-6461198/

Hope that clears the confusion.
Edit: Link
IanCasll wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
IanCasll wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
No, it isn't.
If you say this because chief is floating around in space, well, he tends to do that a lot in the halo series lol.
but microsoft and 343 have stated that, Yes Halo infinite is set after the events of halo 5, in short its Halo 6 even if its not stated, a quick google search will get you that information but heres an article you can find in 2 seconds.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-is-halo-6-not-a-prequel-microsoft-sa/1100-6461198/

Hope that clears the confusion.
Edit: Link
how can it be after halo 5 the E3 cut scene doesn't even connect with halo 5 because at the end of halo 5 it shows Chief getting off the pelican and halesy saying took you long enough so infinite cant be After 5 it doesnt fit only halo 4 fits with the cutscene in the infinite trailer
FRGWhisper wrote:
how can it be after halo 5 the E3 cut scene doesn't even connect with halo 5 because at the end of halo 5 it shows Chief getting off the pelican and halesy saying took you long enough so infinite cant be After 5 it doesnt fit only halo 4 fits with the cutscene in the infinite trailer
We're getting pretty far offtopic now, so I'm going to curb this conversation here. If you want to discuss it further, please use the Halo Hnfintie forums.

To answer the query before we get back on topic, Halo infinite does indeed take part after the events of Halo 5.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins
Quote:
The team also heard feedback loud and clear on the amount of time spent playing as the Master Chief in Halo 5. In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/discover-hope
Quote:
The Master Chief is our hero and Halo Infinite will continue his decades long saga. While we plan to introduce important new characters -- like the resilient Pilot you already met in the video -- this story is the Master Chief’s. The universe will continue the continuity of Halo 5 and in that sense contain the adventures that led up to this moment, but in the pursuit of our “spiritual reboot” and the launch of a new console, we also want to make sure that this is a perfect starting point for new players too.
Armadamox wrote:
Working on a chronological playthrough of the games right now and on "Cortana" for Halo 3. It is really getting me in the mood for Infinite later this year as I relive the evolution of these games. I totally get the original posting's curiosity.
Man. I want to do that but MCC is not loading for me! :/ It crashes when I hit start. Already reported to support.
stckrboy wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:
We're getting pretty far offtopic now, so I'm going to curb this conversation here. If you want to discuss it further, please use the Halo Hnfintie forums.

To answer the query before we get back on topic, Halo infinite does indeed take part after the events of Halo 5.
Quote:
The team also heard feedback loud and clear on the amount of time spent playing as the Master Chief in Halo 5. In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.
Quote:
The Master Chief is our hero and Halo Infinite will continue his decades long saga. While we plan to introduce important new characters -- like the resilient Pilot you already met in the video -- this story is the Master Chief’s. The universe will continue the continuity of Halo 5 and in that sense contain the adventures that led up to this moment, but in the pursuit of our “spiritual reboot” and the launch of a new console, we also want to make sure that this is a perfect starting point for new players too.
there is no absolute way that infinite will take place after 5 infinite is like halo reach excpete for it is a leading up to story more of a countaiont for halo 4
FRGWhisper wrote:
there is no absolute way that infinite will take place after 5 infinite...
There is, it's confirmed by 343, I literally just told you this. You can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change literal facts.

Now again, back on topic please. If you want to discuss Halo Infinite then please use the Infinite forums.
stckrboy wrote:
FRGWhisper wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
Ryan1319 wrote:
probably mid to late 2020 yeah if not later
Probably September 2020
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
Getting back to the topic at hand, I can't imagine them starting flights until they finish flighting Halo 4 for PC. Just my opinion, but I don't think 343 wants to be running multiple flights at once.
I just signed up and am hoping to be slected
If I had to guess, I’d say about August. But I would really like to be impressed with this new Halo, I’ve only been doing lots of Halo for a year now, and I already want to see a return to the days of Halo 3, that was my favorite Halo as of yet.
I love halo and I look forward to working together
Maybe the beta can arrive on September/October
Jebsquared wrote:
Getting back to the topic at hand, I can't imagine them starting flights until they finish flighting Halo 4 for PC. Just my opinion, but I don't think 343 wants to be running multiple flights at once.
I'm pretty sure the MCC flights are handled by MCC team at 343, so those shouldn't have any impact the planned Infinite flights.

I'd expect us to begin getting some more news on when we can expect flights to begin soon-ish. GDC 2020 (stated for March) has 2 scheduled talks by folk from 343i: a Halo 5 matchmaking post-mortem by Josh Menke (Lead Engagement Designer) and a user experience design talk by Irene Zhu (User Experience/UX Designer). This MIGHT indicate that 343/MS are going to slowly start opening up the Infinite floodgates in a couple of months, but this is pure speculation on my part. It is highly likely that the timing of the GDC talks has nothing to do with Infinite and I'm just making inane conjectures.

Either way, for flighting to have any major impact on the final product we should expect them to start around E3 at the latest.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2