Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Which feature are you most excited to test?

OP Outragous Pants

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Personally I want to see if the controls for m&k play well and feel good. As well as see which Reach weapons balancing makes it into the game.
Personally I want to see if the controls for m&k play well and feel good. As well as see which Reach weapons balancing makes it into the game.
If there is no dashing in Reach, kb+m will be easy to use. Don't get me wrong I'll play definitely with m+kb but last night I bought Rage 2 and it has a dash skill for all directions and you can execute it with Ctrl + WASD. I want to play it like Doom, cuz the action is as fluid as there but Doom had no dashing. I tried a bit with the standard config then I change my controls to my X360 controller, it feels better that way. Maybe I can reconfigurate dashing to somewhere else on the kb, but really I cannot find any good button, maybe on the mouse if it has more buttons than 3? I dunno.
If there is no dashing in Reach, kb+m will be easy to use. Don't get me wrong I'll play definitely with m+kb but last night I bought Rage 2 and it has a dash skill for all directions and you can execute it with Ctrl + WASD. I want to play it like Doom, cuz the action is as fluid as there but Doom had no dashing. I tried a bit with the standard config then I change my controls to my X360 controller, it feels better that way. Maybe I can reconfigurate dashing to somewhere else on the kb, but really I cannot find any good button, maybe on the mouse if it has more buttons than 3? I dunno.
Idk if u ever played Reach but there was never dashing in the true Sense. There is a roll but it's tied to elites in invasion unless you play infection game modes or customs in general. Reach plays like all the others apart from the armor abilities. Slow. Which I like the pacing of more than fast because you need to be smart. When I mentioned how k&m felt i should have clarified that I don't want it to feel like a crappy port like Halo 5 forge.
I think it will be interesting to test the precision weapons and see how games like SWAT change with the precision that mouse and keyboard offers.
For me it's the campaign and Spartan customisation. I think my biggest gripe with Halo 5 and Halo MCC has been spartan customisation. Halo 5 has a lot of armor options but they're laid out so badly you can't tell what anything is easily and armor isn't grouped based on type with variants in a sub menu. Halo MCC on the other hand ditched a lot of options for Spartan customisation that was in the previous games so hopefully they do Reach's armor options proud this time. It'll be nice to play Reach LASO once again.
Split screen, campaign, and most importantly, Invasion.

PS: Field of view slider.
I’m pretty average on mouse and keyboard FPS but really good with a controller. Curious to see how i adapt to halo on PC set up. Also really curious about the new system for earning armor and cosmetics.
All of it and it's glory
I'm weirdly excited to test out the controls. Not just mouse & keyboard but the Steam controller as well.
If I had to pick two, the first would be the customization. (That I hope is streamlined and easy enough to unlock, because I am not grinding another year+ for something I've alrwsdy unlocked before.)

After that... Invasion. Because, let's be real, Halo has had nothing to properly scratch that itch since Reach. Warzone was an okay start, but it's just not the same.
Any form of the Reach multiplayer functions. Who isn’t excited?
The entire game! Ive never owned an xbox before, so ive also never played halo. i hope this will be as amazing as the xbox version if not better.
I'm most excited to see performance - how much fps can I get under specific settings and conditions. That's one of the most important factors for a competitive arena shooter on PC.
It'll have to be everything to do with Reach, especially how armour customisation will work, like how to earn armour etc.
It's like asking what part of a hot fudge/brownie sundae I'm looking forward to the most... difficult question for sure!

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to testing/playing around with whatever build they send. Currently, I've spent more time in the Halo campaigns over the years than I have the multiplayer. I played a bit of Halo 3's and Reach's multiplayer back in the day, but that's about it. I am excited to try out the multiplayer on PC. I'm also even more hopeful that they will send out some campaign builds to test. I'm excited to see/test how well the campaign runs PC. It's been a while since I've played so I am excited to come back to Halo, this time on PC. I just hope that they have a center crosshair option.
Splitscreen. Without a doubt.
Saul wrote:
SWAT with a mouse and keyboard, oh boy.
THIS!!!! YESSS
I’d be looking forward to test Grifball, I can easily get over 100 kills or win over 100 games with my team in Grifball. I’d cover all the areas of it (:
mostly want to see how zombies and forge are doing.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6