Forums / Community / Halo Insider

Will there be public statistics about the flight?

OP EerieCookie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Would be interested to see how many of the 10k people invited to the flighting participated, how many matches were completed etc.
I assume there will be; after the first flight they posted a recap covering participation, times played, survey responses, etc.
It stands to reason they'll do the same for subsequent flights as well.
I assume there will be; after the first flight they posted a recap covering participation, times played, survey responses, etc.
It stands to reason they'll do the same for subsequent flights as well.
Oh, that's nice! Been frequenting the forum less and less over the summer, so I guess I missed that.
Would be interested to see how many of the 10k people invited to the flighting participated, how many matches were completed etc.
10K is their a first class price or just i overall one price point?
10K is their a first class price or just i overall one price point?
Price point? Sorry but can you phrase your question a little differently?
Out of the 10k ~55% launched the game atleast once meaning about 5500 people participated.
Out of the 10k ~55% launched the game atleast once meaning about 5500 people participated.
It’s a shame really because there are so many of us that check frequently about new flights and if we have received invites but much of the time those that are actually selected don’t notice that they got in. I’ve seen multiple posts on the forums from people that didn’t see the email until after the flight was finished.
It’s a shame really because there are so many of us that check frequently about new flights and if we have received invites but much of the time those that are actually selected don’t notice that they got in. I’ve seen multiple posts on the forums from people that didn’t see the email until after the flight was finished.
You know people got upset when i called that atleast 33% wouldn't show up funny and sad to see that i was indeed wrong about that statement, but not in the way that i wanted to be wrong, althought i do believe as you said that some of the people that didn't show up to the flighting did so due to missing the flighting rather than not wanting to attend but i do believe they should take activity as a super sub factor when inviting players, as a person who never visits the forums or makes comment is bound to miss a flight or two.
As for the 3000 people skipping out, I highly doubt a third of the flight will miss it, especially since flighting requires you to put in the hours your'e available. Missing it will probably get you kicked from the insider program.
You know people got upset when i called that atleast 33% wouldn't show up funny and sad to see that i was indeed wrong about that statement, but not in the way that i wanted to be wrong, althought i do believe as you said that some of the people that didn't show up to the flighting did so due to missing the flighting rather than not wanting to attend but i do believe they should take activity as a super sub factor when inviting players, as a person who never visits the forums or makes comment is bound to miss a flight or two.
As for the 3000 people skipping out, I highly doubt a third of the flight will miss it, especially since flighting requires you to put in the hours your'e available. Missing it will probably get you kicked from the insider program.
I admit I was wrong, but its really hard to measure Halo activity for a PC flight when the only halo games on pc are CE, 2, and Wars 1 and 2, which is probably one of the main reasons why they aren't doing this. Halo MCC is the second most wishlisted item on steam, second only to cyberpunk, many of those people may have moved to pc after the 360 generation or maybe never got the chance to see what the hype was all about. People missing flights does suck, but 5500 people participating in a firefight beta and giving excellent feedback is still a pretty nice achievement for what it was.
It could easily be solved if 343 were to announce the flight ahead of time and then send out an email to all invitees to verify their participation. Anyone that doesn’t respond within a given timeframe could then be removed and they could send a second wave of invites out to maximise participation.
I admit I was wrong, but its really hard to measure Halo activity for a PC flight when the only halo games on pc are CE, 2, and Wars 1 and 2, which is probably one of the main reasons why they aren't doing this. Halo MCC is the second most wishlisted item on steam, second only to cyberpunk, many of those people may have moved to pc after the 360 generation or maybe never got the chance to see what the hype was all about. People missing flights does suck, but 5500 people participating in a firefight beta and giving excellent feedback is still a pretty nice achievement for what it was.
Yeah, i myself moved over to pc some time before halo 5 was released as i was a tad disappointed and later to be extremely dissatisfied with halo 4 then 5, as P5CH0 said, some form of verification email to be sent out a week or so before the flight to check availability and replace the ones unable to attend would help solve things and get the number of participants up as well as more feedback and input for the devs
It could easily be solved if 343 were to announce the flight ahead of time and then send out an email to all invitees to verify their participation. Anyone that doesn’t respond within a given timeframe could then be removed and they could send a second wave of invites out to maximise participation.
It's not as easy as that and not always possible for them to do this. Sometimes they don't know if a build is going to ready within their internal target times until really close to that date, so they don't want to announce it in advance in case it doesn't happen. This exact scenario has already happened and is what led 343 to stop announcing dates.
stckrboy wrote:
It's not as easy as that and not always possible for them to do this. Sometimes they don't know if a build is going to ready within their internal target times until really close to that date, so they don't want to announce it in advance in case it doesn't happen. This exact scenario has already happened and is what led 343 to stop announcing dates.
I mean just pushing the flighting times ahead by like 24 hours just so you can announce it to the participants to give them more of a chance to be able to participate or say that they can't (like a yes no email or something), so far the trend has been to announce it mere hours or less before the flighting actually takes place, which has probably been a huge part as to why both flights has had a ~50% participation rate, that or people who really didn't want to flight were the ones who got invited both times.
stckrboy wrote:
But sending a second wave of invites to bring in more people (close to the 10k cap) instead of watching half of them never actually login to the game wasn't that hard. I mean there is no point trying to make a 10k player base test if you don't validate your participants.
stckrboy wrote:
But sending a second wave of invites to bring in more people (close to the 10k cap) instead of watching half of them never actually login to the game wasn't that hard. I mean there is no point trying to make a 10k player base test if you don't validate your participants.
I think you miss understand. The Dev's know that the invitee install rate will be around 50% or lower and plan accordingly. The fact that not everyone rocked up isn't an actual problem for them as their main goals are testing the systems that need testing. If they did need a set number of participants and they hadn't reached that number then I'm sure that they would give a second wave and increase the flight time frame.
It would be nice if they chose active people or people who are more exited to play but that's just not statistically feasible.
Not only that but announcing the flight ahead of time is relatively infeasible as it slows down development to wait for the announcement and release before getting the feedback your waiting for.
The only reason they give a number is for a bit of hype and to give some amount of context for chances of getting into the next flight.

Good luck with the next flight.
We will have update about the next flight in a few hours.

https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1172528598932054016
VaniIIa5ky wrote:

Well it's up but no stats. Wonder if they decided not to release them this time to avoid people complaining about the number of people who got in(or didn't).

Too bad as they where interesting to read through and helped predict the outcomes of the next flights.
Desmond373 wrote:
VaniIIa5ky wrote:

Well it's up but no stats. Wonder if they decided not to release them this time to avoid people complaining about the number of people who got in(or didn't).

Too bad as they where interesting to read through and helped predict the outcomes of the next flights.
But the stats for last flight have already been released? Number of actual participants, number of bugs reported etc.
Desmond373 wrote:
VaniIIa5ky wrote:

But the stats for last flight have already been released? Number of actual participants, number of bugs reported etc.
We got bugs but I don't think we have participants yet. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd love the number of participants.
Desmond373 wrote:
Desmond373 wrote:
VaniIIa5ky wrote:

We got bugs but I don't think we have participants yet. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd love the number of participants.
MCC Development Update August

For the FireFlight, we invited 10,000 users along with some additional friends and members of the studio. Across the board, we had roughly 55.5% participation rate.

Saturday, we saw our highest number of concurrent players on at any given time during the flight. At one point, we had over 800 players searching at the same time with roughly a 24 second wait time prior to finding a match. Across the entire weekend we saw a total of over 90% success rate for players who matchmade.

We saw over 400 unique tickets come in from the community reporting bugs.

Thats about it what is written in the blog stat wise
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2