Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

“Spartan Ops 2.0” Should Be In Halo Infinite

OP HunnicuttH07227

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Would you rather have this over a great new Firefight mode exclusive to Halo: Infinite? Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach set the golden standard for quality horde mode gameplay in a Halo sandbox. If they can do both firefight and a quality Spartan Ops than yes. If not, I would choose a solid Firefight mode any day.
I think FF and Ops should both be separate and standard modes going forward. Maybe we can use maps they make in Ops to keep FF fresh too.
Agreed, if they can do both than sure, as long the firefight is good. Spartan Ops was a good idea in theory, but was fully realized. If improved, then I think it could be a great addition.
If they are serious about their 10 year plan than something akin to it will likely happen.
They can't name it Spartan Ops though, needs to dissociate from it. Pretty sure they concluded that storyline in a comic book.
I'm not sure why so many people are wanting a name-change for Spartan Ops. It succinctly describes our activities in the mode: Operations with Spartans, therefore, Spartan Ops.

Just because the concept of Spartan Ops flopped the first time doesn't mean anything and everything regarding it needs to be wiped away, even down to the name. Simply implementing Spartan Ops better the second time through will already redeem the name, and perception, of Spartan Ops.
I'd rather have firefight.
Yes, I think that would be a great idea to bring new content to Infinite in the future!
I like your idea, especially that part of choosing between spartan and elite for the campaign.
Honestly love the idea of a re-implementation of Spartan Ops, the real issue lies with the how it would be implemented. While I personally didn't have much issues with it back in 4 (On a past profile I finished the first five seasons on Legendary Solo), and I loved the idea of a long-running narrative running with the campaign, the missions themselves lacked good replay-ability; There was no real challenge to any of the missions because of things like unlimited respawns, and the levels themselves were generally bland and lacked a good story element outside of a few select missions.
Spartan Ops was a great idea on 343i's part, they just executed it poorly. I would love to see a new Spartan Ops-like gamemode introduced in Infinite.
I've been coming up with pretty much the same idea. however, the way I had imagined it, points 2 and 3 are somewhat combined, with each season being story driven and bringing new missions to play. each season would have a set of extremely difficult seasonal challenges (perhaps 1 per mission), this challenge set would determine the outcome of the season's story arc, this outcome depends on the total percentage of player population that has completed the challenges before the season ends (for example: if 50% of the player population have completed the challenges, then season ends with a victory. but, if 50% or higher have not completed or have failed the challenges, the season ends with a defeat (to make it even more difficult and increase incentive, I had the idea that players only get one shot at completing each challenge. if they mess up they fail the challenge. they can still go back and play the mission, but the challenge will no longer be accessible. not sure if id keep that idea. too cruel?)). the next season will continue off of the story outcome of the previous season's victory or defeat.
4-5 players in a team
in each mission, teams would have a limited number of lives (not sure if it would be a life pool shared by a team of players or just everyone can only respawn once). if the team of players runs out of lives or all die with no surviving player (regardless of remaining lives) the team is forced to restart the mission (this would get counted as failing a challenge).

Controversial opinion:
this mode would also re-introduce the load out system from halo 4 (only weapons though, no abilities of course) (or select from pre-made loadouts, like in reach). the load out system would only be for this game mode.
the load outs would allow the player to further personalize their spartan and the way they fight through each mission.
I've been coming up with pretty much the same idea. however, the way I had imagined it, points 2 and 3 are somewhat combined, with each season being story driven and bringing new missions to play. each season would have a set of extremely difficult seasonal challenges (perhaps 1 per mission), this challenge set would determine the outcome of the season's story arc, this outcome depends on the total percentage of player population that has completed the challenges before the season ends (for example: if 50% of the player population have completed the challenges, then season ends with a victory. but, if 50% or higher have not completed or have failed the challenges, the season ends with a defeat (to make it even more difficult and increase incentive, I had the idea that players only get one shot at completing each challenge. if they mess up they fail the challenge. they can still go back and play the mission, but the challenge will no longer be accessible. not sure if id keep that idea. too cruel?)). the next season will continue off of the story outcome of the previous season's victory or defeat.
4-5 players in a team
in each mission, teams would have a limited number of lives (not sure if it would be a life pool shared by a team of players or just everyone can only respawn once). if the team of players runs out of lives or all die with no surviving player (regardless of remaining lives) the team is forced to restart the mission (this would get counted as failing a challenge).

Controversial opinion:
this mode would also re-introduce the load out system from halo 4 (only weapons though, no abilities of course) (or select from pre-made loadouts, like in reach). the load out system would only be for this game mode.
the load outs would allow the player to further personalize their spartan and the way they fight through each mission.
Ya know, a load out system for the mode would actually probably work. It would add a nice layer of customization and make it more worthwhile to unlock things. I’ve always pictured my Spartan as a Scout/Behind Enemy Lines type (due to his ODST background). Having a BR and Magnum/SOCOM as my standard load outs could be fun.

Having how well the community does on a project affect the next season would be cool, though it could be more challenging to develop for 343. I wouldn’t mind it though. Nice thoughts!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2