Options for a Stripped Down Experience Please

OP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
It would be greatly appreciated if 343 Industries would provide options in the settings menu to turn off the following game elements please:
  • AI voices
  • Input-based matchmaking so players can verse others who use the same input
  • The goomba stomp- like kill confirmation sound associated with each kill & assist
  • Vehicle outlines, weapon outlines & player colors/outlines
This thread is dedicated to players who are kindly requesting that a few extra toggles be provided in the menu to turn off specific existing game elements.
More choice is always welcome.

Whenever I played, the useful sounds were drowned in useless stuff, like the sound when you kill an enemy and have a medal.
Vaniellis wrote:
More choice is always welcome.

Whenever I played, the useful sounds were drowned in useless stuff, like the sound when you kill an enemy and have a medal.
I loathe these sounds with an absolute passion. I'm so glad for guys like you who are also voicing your distaste for them, hopefully 343 see sense and give us a toggle
Halo fans far and wide would appreciate 343 Industries for providing simple toggle options in the menus for the following:
  • AI voices
  • kill confirmed/assist sound effects
  • Spartan chatter
  • specific waypoints
  • the "shield recharge 100% complete" chirp &
  • vehicle, player & weapon outlines.
Simple toggle options in the menus could translate to thousands of more engaged players who love Halo. Some may feel toggling these features off is disadvantageous. Having them all turned on however can actually create visual and/or audio overload for those with visual and/or hearing impairments.
Thanks so much to you too OP. I have an aversion to practically all of those things , so it's nice to have another voice of reason here
Halo fans far and wide would appreciate 343 Industries for providing simple toggle options in the menus for the following:
  • AI voices
  • kill confirmed/assist sound effects
  • Spartan chatter
  • specific waypoints
  • the "shield recharge 100% complete" chirp &
  • vehicle, player & weapon outlines.
Thanks so much to you too OP. I have an aversion to practically all of those things , so it's nice to have another voice of reason here
You're very welcome WorkCreature986! Someone showed me that Spartan chatter already has a toggle so I removed that one from the list.
Reusing my the main points from my own post in regards to the player colors:

I just flat out cannot see who is an enemy and who isn't. The coloring is far too subtle without looking at the radar and remembering the way it works in relation to team color now for it to be of any help. At the very least there needs to be an option for classic Halo team coloring vs. the new color outline OR a way for the color to NOT affect the radar. I shouldn't have to go through a three step thought process to determine who is and isn't my enemy. It should be as obvious as the uniform coloring of the armor just like the legacy Halo titles.
In the original Halos determining who was an enemy and who was a friendly was a no brainer. They either had an icon over their head or not. Simple.
We definitely need to be able to turn off the personal AI voices! Find them all very annoying! and I would love the option to have teams look like the past halos aka red versus blue.
I agree there should be toggle options for all these features. Although I'd leave some of them on everyone should have the option to make the game more comfortable for them.
Agreed. The more options we have to tailor our look and feel of the game is always a welcoming feature. Hopefully they can have a toggle option in the future. We are subconsciously trained to play multiplayer games by seeing the names above players heads and from this we can make a split second decision who is the enemy and who is ally. At the very least with the outline system how about a redsign. I like the idea behind the outlines but they dont look visually appealing. Made this post a while back for a redesign FoF system to have lights
I'm going to request an addition for your list:
  • Option to disable cross-play.
Other than that, I really agree with the AI thing. These voices are getting more annoying than cortana on a mythic library. And thats saying something.

Keep telling me this:
  • "Active Camo available"
STOP telling me this:
  • "Dynamo kill confirmed!"
  • "Rather.. Shocking, eh? [laughs of his own dad joke]"
  • "I do hope we're insured!" (when running over an enemy with warthog)
Everything could be summed up in a button that makes "fun game / serious and bland game"
Everything could be summed up in a button that makes "fun game / serious and bland game"
Ah yes, because having your ear drums blown out on every kill confirmed sound is just the epitome of fun!
Give us blood splatter option. And an applicable toggle on/off in the settings for it.

Tired of all these live service games being bloodless grindfests for kids just to milk them of money. Hence why all F2P Live service games go for the T rating.
Please:

• An option to disable input based matchmaking in competitive (i.e should be a search paramer, it's this way in MCC, why change it?)
I want to be able to play comepetitive with my brother whose on keyboard and he doesn't like controllers nor do I like m&k, Dunno why 343 has to make this decision of what we should play on, why can't it be up to me if I want to play against m&k as controller or vice versa? And I can always switch it off.
It would be greatly appreciated if 343 Industries would provide options to turn off the following game elements please:
  • AI voices
  • Specific waypoints
  • The "goomba stomp" auditory feedback associated with each kill & assist
Are you referring to, weapon waypoints?

I like the AI voice. Lumu is my favorite. "Hello, let's do some damage"

I think the audio for each kill and assist, is making the player feel awarded. I don't mind it. But having option is always welcome. Same with outline, would prefer to separate the color from each other.

EDIT.
Ah yes, because having your ear drums blown out on every kill confirmed sound is just the epitome of fun!
As you will understand, it is not feasible to ask for a button for absolutely everything that we do not like.
yeah the ai voices are kinda annoying i want to turn them off
Taichgi wrote:
It would be greatly appreciated if 343 Industries would provide options to turn off the following game elements please:
  • AI voices
  • Specific waypoints
  • The "goomba stomp" auditory feedback associated with each kill & assist
Are referring to, weapon waypoints?

I like the AI voice. Lumu is my favorite. "Hello, let's do some damage"

I think the audio for each kill and assist, is making the player feel awarded. I don't mind it. But having option is always welcome. Same with outline, would prefer to separate the color from each other.
Is getting a kill or assist in itself not enough of an award? How about having an associated medal show up on screen? Or having text pop up to say what you just did?

I guess not. You'd rather have completely superfluous sound effects bombarding your ears, constantly detracting from the natural soundscape of the game. Interesting
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4