Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

100% CPU usage?

OP GingerXV3627

The game is making my cpu go from 7% usage to 100%. meanwhile my gpu and everything else are still at 30/40%? Do i have any hopes of playing this Beta? :')

Specs:
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2
BIOS: F12 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (24 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Its not abnormal for your CPU usage to be at 100% with regards to this tech preview and in general in some cases. You should be fine to play the game, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Its not abnormal for your CPU usage to be at 100% with regards to this tech preview and in general in some cases. You should be fine to play the game, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I can't play it tho, its very choppy and the frames max out at 55 on low... But even with that the game is just very choppy.. Like the games going to crash any minute.
You minimum fps should be set to off, and your max should be whatever your display hz max is, play around with the rest of the settings.
You minimum fps should be set to off, and your max should be whatever your display hz max is, play around with the rest of the settings.
Can confirm putting minimum to off made it go up. The menu seems to be stuck at low frames but at least its somewhat playable now lmao.
Glad I could help. Enjoy !
Can confirm putting minimum to off made it go up. The menu seems to be stuck at low frames but at least its somewhat playable now lmao.
This solution did not work for me, my ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2070 super and my cpu is locked at 100% on all cores with like at most 1fps and it takes literal minutes to register clicks and button presses.
The game is making my cpu go from 7% usage to 100%. meanwhile my gpu and everything else are still at 30/40%? Do i have any hopes of playing this Beta? :')

Specs:System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Why TF do you have a 3900x paired with a 1660TI.... that's just.... wrong in so many ways. On the other hand, yes you can still play, just on low FPS and graphics because of your GPU. Seriously though, why would you get a 1660TI for this build, it's basically a slap in the face to your PC. 32gb ram and a 3900x but only a 1660TI... what IS that lol
I can't play it tho, its very choppy and the frames max out at 55 on low... But even with that the game is just very choppy.. Like the games going to crash any minute.
This is because you have a 1660TI paired with a 3900x... that's like pairing a dull knife with a samurai sword. wtf were you thinking when building it lol. I have a 9700k and a 3070 and I run smoothly at max graphics with 100-120fps average. Also check your DRAM, it might be set too low for your 32gb ram.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Why TF do you have a 3900x paired with a 1660TI.... that's just.... wrong in so many ways. On the other hand, yes you can still play, just on low FPS and graphics because of your GPU. Seriously though, why would you get a 1660TI for this build, it's basically a slap in the face to your PC. 32gb ram and a 3900x but only a 1660TI... what IS that lol
Given the current GPU shortage, I don't think it's unreasonable to have that build. They could also need more CPU power than GPU and so balanced the budget in that direction.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Given the current GPU shortage, I don't think it's unreasonable to have that build. They could also need more CPU power than GPU and so balanced the budget in that direction.
Nah, the 3900x is 450$, they could have easily gotten a 3700x and spent the extra 200$ on a much better GPU. 1660TI and 3900x is like matching a dull knife with a samurai sword
Which OS are you using? Win 10? Or Win 11?

I had 60-70% CPU usage with Win 10 and after I switched to WIn 11 it bumped up to 100%.

I had 60-70% CPU usage with Win 10 and after I switched to WIn 11 it bumped up to 100%.
I'm on windows 11 and can confirm the 100% CPU usage with a ryzen 7 3700 and a RTX 2070

I'm on windows 11 and can confirm the 100% CPU usage with a ryzen 7 3700 and a RTX 2070
I got an Ryzen 5 5600X. Seems like Halo Infinite is even less optimized for Windows 11 thats why it has 100% cpu usage. I haven't had that problem with Windows 10 before.
Windows 11, 5600x, 3080, also at %100 cpu usage.