Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

152 worth it for reward in infinite?

OP oG Unleashed

I'm doing a 152 to grind in Halo 5 is the reward in Halo infinite going to be worth my time? Please to know
I'm doing a 152 to grind in Halo 5 is the reward in Halo infinite going to be worth my time? Please to know
I think at this stage we'd all like to know, but we'll be told when we get told. Figure if they announce it too early it won't contribute to the hype as much as they'd like. Likewise if they leave it too late it won't matter. E3 this year is probably the earliest we'll hear, but could be as late as the Beta/E3 next year.

My rationale on this is: by the time it's confirmed what the reward is it will probably be too late for me to start grinding feasibly given how 150-152 is 2mill XP more than 1-150 was, so I'm going to grind anyway until we hear anything concrete. At that point I can either choose to finish the grind or determine if it's worth it.

My aim was 100k XP per day, but reckon I'm only averaging 60-70k per day 'cos just don't have the time. If I can get back to 100k per day it'll be May 2020 before I get there...

And that's before Reach even releases on MCC... and I'm about to move...
I would say no, unless you are currently 150 and up, then maybe. Everyone has their own thing they like, I don't care for much of anything in Halo 5 outside of the Helioskrill (from beating MCC on Legendary), since it's the closest thing to playing as a Sangheili in recent Halo games.
Unyshek said that you shouldn’t expect something too grand or super exclusive. Don’t grind just for the reward; grind if you actually enjoy playing Halo 5.
I'm going for it just because I like Halo 5 and we have a while before halo inifite comes out so might as well. Just got to 140, let the exponential increase in xp needed per rank up really kick in
I'm basically just going for it now cause there really isn't much incentive left to play H5 other than the top rank. Something to kill the time until Infinite comes out.
Halo 5 Emblem/Nameplate!

All joking aside, there'd have to be a seriously incredible reward for me to justify pouring all that grind time into Guardians. It's far from the worst game in the world, but I wouldn't ever play it if it weren't a Halo game, and that's all based on prior affection for the series.
I can't remember word for word but shortly after they announced that 152 reward they said it's not gonna be anything crazy. I wouldn't grind your -Yoink- off thinking it's gonna be some awesome exclusive armour set, most likely it'll be something like an emblem. Just a little indication for "I got 152 in H5". Hell maybe it won't even be that, could just be some in game currency or something.
Wait, can anyone explain what this 152 reward is? I've never even heard of it, but then again I don't play Halo 5 hardly if at all.
Wait, can anyone explain what this 152 reward is? I've never even heard of it, but then again I don't play Halo 5 hardly if at all.
It will be a small token of appreciation in Infinite for accounts that reached SR 152 in Halo 5. We don't know exactly what the token will be, but Unyshek had this to say on twitter in response to people wondering if it would be "worth" grinding for:
Quote:
Going to be preemptive in saying if you're grinding just for the reward in Infinite, you’re probably jebaiting yourself. From my understanding it's meant to be a nice token for those who happen to hit max rank, but not an uLtRa eXcLuSiVe ArMoR worth grinding for on its own.
Chimera30 wrote:
It will be a small token of appreciation in Infinite for accounts that reached SR 152 in Halo 5. We don't know exactly what the token will be, but Unyshek had this to say on twitter in response to people wondering if it would be "worth" grinding for:
Quote:
Going to be preemptive in saying if you're grinding just for the reward in Infinite, you’re probably jebaiting yourself. From my understanding it's meant to be a nice token for those who happen to hit max rank, but not an uLtRa eXcLuSiVe ArMoR worth grinding for on its own.
Ah, I'll never get to that at all, but if I had to guess as to what the token of appreciation might be I'd probably say a unique armor skin, badge, or some kinda thing like Bungie used to give out to certain people back in the day.
Chimera30 wrote:
Unyshek said that you shouldn’t expect something too grand or super exclusive. Don’t grind just for the reward; grind if you actually enjoy playing Halo 5.
Bold - Pretty much this OP. Just play Halo 5 if you enjoy it. Don't make it work.