Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have seen a lot of controversy on the part of the community with the exit of infinite that if in 2021 or 2022., You who think to wait another year or to leave at once ...
I think their main focus for Halo Infinite release is 2021 but personally I wouldn't mind if it got delayed till 2022 if it meant a more complete game at launch.
ronnie42 wrote:
I think their main focus for Halo Infinite release is 2021 but personally I wouldn't mind if it got delayed till 2022 if it meant a more complete game at launch.
You know, rn I have a fair respect for 343. Imo they have been doing a good job for infinite. But if the game get delayed again, I will most likely loose my cool. Another delay is unacceptable. Am pretty sure the game is not going to be delayed but if there is, they deserve all the criticism in the world
They’re def not delaying it again. It’s coming this fall.
ronnie42 wrote:
You know, rn I have a fair respect for 343. Imo they have been doing a good job for infinite. But if the game get delayed again, I will most likely loose my cool. Another delay is unacceptable. Am pretty sure the game is not going to be delayed but if there is, they deserve all the criticism in the world
343i are people too so there more likely just as stressed. If the game gets delayed then it gives them time. I think a delay is fine since I don't want a repeat of Halo 5's messy launch and yeh criticism is always important for any game.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
343i are people too so there more likely just as stressed. If the game gets delayed then it gives them time. I think a delay is fine since I don't want a repeat of Halo 5's messy launch and yeh criticism is always important for any game.
I'm with you too man. As crazy as so many people think it is, I wouldn't mind another delay as well if 343 really needed it. Not saying they do. Let's wait and see what E3 looks like.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I'm with you too man. As crazy as so many people think it is, I wouldn't mind another delay as well if 343 really needed it. Not saying they do. Let's wait and see what E3 looks like.
Yeh that's a sensible way of thinking it. Basically I'm just waiting and see what happens with E3.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
See, am the one of those people in the community who really admire the works of 343. They have done a good job, regardless of what people complain. Now I am pretty sure we would have been in the waiting line of halo 7 or next halo if everything went right with halo 6 or halo Infinite's development but some issues clearly happened and then the new engine. 6 years in development and if gets delayed ,that's 7. If the game still isn't complete or polished , this is more likely problems of the management and upper executives. They are the one to blame here. The developers are just pawns who follows the orders. And when I said I would loose my cool if the game gets delayed, i would have blamed upper management team rather than the developers. If the game isn't complete or polished yet, I would also suggest a delay, and if they do delay the game following the issues with the game, its really very strong will of them to deliver a good polished game but......this also proves how incompetent of a developer 343 are. And they deserve all the critical criticism for this. I hope you got my point. I don't hate 343. But another delay isn't initially healthy at all
I heavily doubt it will be delayed, but if it is, I won't really care. I love Halo as much as the next guy, but I want a good game.
I'm in the same optic as everyone here (except ArmedxDaddy).
While I really want to game to release in 2021 because I want to play it, if 343i delayed it to 2022 because they think they need more time for certain things, I wouldn't mind if it means the game will be really good at launch. I would be upset but not to the point of criticizing 343i and boycotting the game.
They are working hard on the game to make it good but if they think they need more time, I'm willing to give them.
I don't like the idea of not allowing more time and giving more stress to the devs.

But honestly, I don't think there will be another delay.
Will have to wait the E3 to see the current state of the game.
YukiryuFR wrote:
I'm in the same optic as everyone here (except ArmedxDaddy).
While I really want to game to release in 2021 because I want to play it, if 343i delayed it to 2022 because they think they need more time for certain things, I wouldn't mind if it means the game will be really good at launch. I would be upset but not to the point of criticizing 343i and boycotting the game.
They are working hard on the game to make it good but if they think they need more time, I'm willing to give them.
I don't like the idea of not allowing more time and giving more stress to the devs.

But honestly, I don't think there will be another delay.
Will have to wait the E3 to see the current state of the game.
I absolutely agree with you. A delay is only going to bring postive to the game. And I never said I'd boycott the game, but this really shouldn't be happening. You guys are getting the wrong idea here. Anyways, if the game isn't complete, I am all up for a delay. I will actually praise 343 for taking the hard step but at the same time, they will have my criticism as well. I never said they should rush the game either. The delay isn't going to happen and developers at 343 are doing great job. But aren't you being overly optimistic here? Look,I despise crunch. But supposing that the game is going to get delayed for an year or a half again, that's really a shame tbh.

P.s I don't want to buy another cyberpunk. If another delay is needed, then have it. But it will really question their management.
They're not gonna delay to 2022. Infinite is in the polishing phase now
Oooooh I think some heads would roll (metaphorically speaking) if it got delayed again. I would love to see their budget breakdown!

But I think they look like they're well on track. I think someone from 343i came forward semi-recently and said the delay rumours were nonsense... I'd cite it... But I can't recall where I saw that.
LoxOne4269 wrote:
Oooooh I think some heads would roll (metaphorically speaking) if it got delayed again. I would love to see their budget breakdown!

But I think they look like they're well on track. I think someone from 343i came forward semi-recently and said the delay rumours were nonsense... I'd cite it... But I can't recall where I saw that.
I think it was on twitter because someone created a false 343 account to post about the fake delay and Kotaku believe it without thinking
YukiryuFR wrote:
LoxOne4269 wrote:

I think it was on twitter because someone created a false 343 account to post about the fake delay and Kotaku believe it without thinking
I refuse to even look at any article about any upcoming game if it isn't off the games/company's official website or socials.
So many falsehoods to create ad revenue!
Like the recently former 343i skybox artist who did that video talking in Mandarin and he was partially mistranslated and then a single sentence plucked out and twisted to create bad news about how 343i is run.
ronnie42 wrote:
Developers are people and shouldn't be subjected to 80 hour work weeks because you want a video game this year.

If it's ready for Holiday, it will release. If it's not and they have to delay it, I'd rather that happen and we try and respect workers rights than work people into the ground.

I know it's easy to be in a topic and just say "I want the game, don't delay it, make it happen." But fans making an uproar like that is the first step to game devs having to go into crazy crunch.From my experience supporting a web-application, stuff being developed under crunch conditions almost always ends up shipping with more bugs than if devs were given more time and regular work conditions.
ronnie42 wrote:
Developers are people and shouldn't be subjected to 80 hour work weeks because you want a video game this year.

If it's ready for Holiday, it will release. If it's not and they have to delay it, I'd rather that happen and we try and respect workers rights than work people into the ground.

I know it's easy to be in a topic and just say "I want the game, don't delay it, make it happen." But fans making an uproar like that is the first step to game devs having to go into crazy crunch.From my experience supporting a web-application, stuff being developed under crunch conditions almost always ends up shipping with more bugs than if devs were given more time and regular work conditions.
I would recommend you to read my recents posts as well. I never said that if the game is incomplete, there should be no delay, rather developers should be sent into crunches. No. I also support a delay in these situations. But what I really meant that it would be really a shame for 343 for not being able to deliver a single mainline halo game for 7 years. There are bugs and glitches, fine delay the game sure. But it's really incompetent of 343 and xbox as a whole if the games gets delayed. But it's not going to happen

P.s , I am not going to reply to anyone quoting me from here on since you guys completely misunderstood what I actually meant to say. And that I am also afraid that a monitor might pop in and close this thread since the discussion is completely offtopic to what op really meant in the first place
I think if they delay the game again, it would not only be a huge let down, but a lot of community members will be discouraged from even following the game anymore. I wouldn't worry, its not getting delayed again.

In the meantime, get hype for E3!
ronnie42 wrote:

I would recommend you to read my recents posts as well. I never said that if the game is incomplete, there should be no delay, rather developers should be sent into crunches. No. I also support a delay in these situations. But what I really meant that it would be really a shame for 343 for not being able to deliver a single mainline halo game for 7 years. There are bugs and glitches, fine delay the game sure. But it's really incompetent of 343 and xbox as a whole if the games gets delayed. But it's not going to happen

P.s , I am not going to reply to anyone quoting me from here on since you guys completely misunderstood what I actually meant to say. And that I am also afraid that a monitor might pop in and close this thread since the discussion is completely offtopic to what op really meant in the first place
I don't think 7 years between main games is worth feeling uneasy about for a few reasons, but it's all mostly opinion. (This is unique to Infinite and the following circumstances, I don't think it would have been good for 7 years to pass between other Halo's that have been released)
  1. We were given post release content for H5 for almost 2 years after its launch in 2015.
  2. We have been given a steady stream of new content for MCC for the last year (I'm still blown away that they added new content to Halo CE, a game that's almost 20 years old!)
  3. They developed a brand new engine for Infinite. Developer interviews after H5 indicate that the Blam! Engine had been pretty much stretched to its limits with 5, and wouldn't cut it for next gen.
  4. Infinite is being developed to run on a new generation of consoles. The first rounds of games developed for new consoles have typically had 1-2 years added on to their dev cycles. (We saw this in the transition from 360 to XBO, where various developers stated the generation switch added dev time to their games) .
So I'm not very upset about the 7 years, or (very unlikely) 8 years between games when I consider those points.

Cheers to when we can all finally play Infinite though 😃
If Infinite would potentially be delayed to 2022 I think 343 would have announced it by now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2