Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

3 to come back, 3 to stay

OP Sypriz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
To keep,
1.Spartan Locke to comeback as a supporting character in the campaign, with his Hunter Armor intact, as we see it in both Halo 5, and in the H2A cinematics. And have his armor in MP-leave my Hunter armor alone!!
2. Spartan Abilities like sprint, slide, and clamber I think are useful movement mechanics in both MP, and in the campaign.
3. Weapons like the Hydra, and the plasma castor were cool additions.

To remove,
1. Spartan abilities like ground pound, and spartan charge.
2. The Arbiter's character model in H5. Ne needs to retain his H2A look, as well as some of the other elites. I like both, design. Maybe have both versions, like two different species of elites.
3. The different paint schemes in place of armor permutations...have less armor variants instea . But make them interesting and some what functional looking.
Sypriz wrote:
Just wondering what people think about Halo 5, its gameplay and other mechanics. What are 3 things from Halo 5 you would want to see come back in Halo Infinite? And what are 3 things you wouldn't want to see again?
Oh, hoho... this'll be very controversial. I can't think of three things in either regard, so I'll simply list two each.

WHAT I WANT TO SEE COME BACK:
  • Those "weapons down" missions from the campaign, though not listed as their own missions in the menu. I feel these had some of the best lore in the game and added a really refreshing contrast to the constant front-lines combat. I liked SEEING what we were fighting to protect, I like those calm moments between the action, and I like interaction with NPCs.

• Fireteam Osiris, even if not as main characters. Say what you will about them, but I really, really like their characters. They're people I can really look up to because of some of their subtle personality traits and principles, and they're really interesting. In fact, Tanaka herself is the only character in Halo 5 to have a character-arc (as shallow as it is). It was so refreshing having characters that are more than just military professionals or "cool soldiers with cool armor".
WHAT I DON'T WANT TO SEE COME BACK:
  • REQ Packs. Generally, while they aren't as bad as some unlock systems, they were frustrating enough. I'd rather just be able to use earned credits to unlock what I want to unlock, and have a few things limited to certain accomplishments.

• The Warden Eternal as a boss. That was definitely a cheap move on 343's part. I don't want to see the character completely absent, but if he could be present as an actually developed character and not a glorified target, that'd be great.
This is tough as I could list a lot lol 😅 but ok I'll just do three.

To Stay
  1. Custom browser (thought don't really use it, but it's a great feature)
  2. Different types of assassinations
  3. Thrusters
To Go
  1. Any form or look of ADS style zooming. It should not be in Halo at all!! and no melee or automatic weapons should have zoom. Period!
  2. All the different variants of vehicles,weapons, armor etc. Just ridiculous! I'd rather have less of everything and have different ones instead.
  3. The awful, awful UI! This includes everything obviously, but especially the pregame lobby. Just terrible in Halo 5.
I'd say the Sprint animation too, but I don't think 343I have the guts to remove it ;) I also think firefight should be a huge thing in Halo 6 and equipment should be brought back.
So much things I want, such little choices in debates like these... Everyone's different...

WHAT I WANT TO SEE COMEBACK:
  • Playable and Customizable Elites - Elite Lives Matter, never forget the Arbiter who pioneered playable Elites in Halo and is if not the best Elite in the entire franchise.
  • Halo 4's Gameplay mechanics with a few (but not all) of 5’s - Limited sprinting without shield/health recovery restrictions/resetings by default, grenade danger indicators, no de-scoping when getting shot at, death cams in MP (its both informative and helps deter body disrespecting jerks like teabaggers), customizable loadouts (mimicking COD is not illegal), armor abilities (both H4 and Reach, while booting out Hardlight Shield because it was rather pathetic along with H4's jetpack, reach did it much better). Halo 5’s clamber, sliding, and stabilizing jets while zooming in midair.
  • All past Vehicles and Weapons - Vehicles MIA: Halo 2 Spectre. Halo 3 Chopper, Prowler, Hornet, Elephant and Troop Hog. Halo Reach Revenant, Sabre, all the civilian vehicles. Weapons MIA: Halo CE flamethrower. Halo 2 + 3 Brute Shot, Spiker, Mauler, Spike Grenades, Firebombs. Halo Reach Needle Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Focus Rifle, and Plasma Launcher.
WHAT I DON'T WANT TO SEE COMEBACK:
  • LootBoxes - REQ packs are clearly LootBoxes and that's just gambling. Acceptable MT's are expansion passes (especially if it wasn't in the base game in the first place like Destiny) and also fixed/desired unlocks like armor customization's and weapon unlocks.
  • Excessive Variants of Same Things - Halo 5's overloaded amount of armor skins, weapons skins/variants, and vehicle variants. Just keep it simple.
  • "Guns Down" Levels - The only "guns down" I want to see is a simple button press (like down on the d-pad) to lower your guns for mild short-lived fun in-game (like in Halo 2+3).
Keep:
  1. Forge
  2. Custom browser
  3. Infinity (just so it can be destroyed in Infinite lol)
Remove:
  1. enhanced mobility
  2. weapon variants (and REQs in general really)
  3. squad-based mechanics
Gotta Stay
  1. Custom Browser
  2. Forge Improvements
  3. Big lobbies (32 players, or however many players fit into warzone)
Gotta Go
  1. REQ system
  2. Broken theater
  3. Advanced movement from Spartan abilities
(is it bad that I had a harder time thinking of features I want to stay than features I want to go?)
3 TO STAY/COME BACK
  1. Thruster Packs;
  2. Weapon Sandbox;
  3. Custom Games Browser (as long as it isn't filled with clan recuitments 90% of the time).
3 TO GO
  1. All other Spartan Abilities;
  2. Warzone (or at least re-think it. As of right now, Warzone is the last thing I want to touch due to it's P2W nature and "Call your weps" stuff)
  3. +200 armors. One of Halo 5's worst aspects is the amount of armors vs their quality. Not only are most of them ugly-looking, but the way the UI organizes them is a bit messy. Supposedly, it's ordered alphabetically within the rarity ranking, but it's still confusing. I remember when I struggled to find the EOD helmet despite knowing it was Rare.
3 to Stay:
1. Breakout 2.0
2. Warzone (though with tweaking, putting customization in the REQ pool reduced the chance of getting better REQs so take those out for example)
3. Fiesta playlists featuring objective based modes (e.g. Holiday Fiesta had CTF, Oddball, Strongholds, etc.)

3 to Go:
1. Extermination (don't like its addition to the Breakout playlist)
2. REQ packs having customization options (a Halo Reach approach to customization would be a lot better)
3. The larger focus on Slayer playlists in Arena (I like objective based modes a lot more and Halo 5 doesn't have many options)
Come back:
  1. Custom game browser
  2. Funny grunt dialogue
  3. Vehicle seat swapping
Not come back:
  1. Pay to win microtransactions
  2. Unfinished launch
  3. Advanced mobility (thrust, clamber, spartan charge, ground pound and etc.)
movement mechanics can stay that's about it.
What I would like to come back.
  1. Exuberant Witness.
  2. Exuberant Witness.
  3. Exuberant Witness
What I wouldn't like to come back.
  1. Any form of pack.
  2. The arena focused gameplay.
  3. All the multiplayer forge maps.
x N7 117 x wrote:
  1. Exuberant Witness.
  2. Exuberant Witness.
  3. Exuberant Witness
  1. Any form of pack.
why don't you like the arena focused gameplay? halo has always been like that
honestly think that halo infinite should try something a bit more closer to home. customization for example should be a bit more simplistic than what halo 5 was. Break it down to similiar to Reach customization but with their own twists.

Campaign needs to be longer. I want a damn story not a middle school book report that was done the day before it was due.
Sypriz wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
  1. Exuberant Witness.
  2. Exuberant Witness.
  3. Exuberant Witness
  1. Any form of pack.
why don't you like the arena focused gameplay? halo has always been like that
Because it was too arena focused. The previous Halo titles had Zanzibar, Coagulation, Headlong, Sidewinder, Valhalla, and Standoff, to name a few. All of which were a mixture of open space and close quarters.
Things to stay from Halo 5
1. Forge
2. Custom Browser
3. Pressing A to swap Seats

Things to don’t come back from Halo 5

*Puts Req system, Spartan Abilities, Halo 5 story & Loadouts In bag & throws it in the ocean*
So much things I want, such little choices in debates like these... Everyone's different...

• Playable and Customizable Elites - Elite Lives Matter, never forget the Arbiter who pioneered playable Elites in Halo and is if not the best Elite in the entire franchise.
  • Halo 4's Gameplay mechanics with a few (but not all) of 5’s - Limited sprinting without shield/health recovery restrictions/resetings by default, grenade danger indicators, no de-scoping when getting shot at, death cams in MP (its both informative and helps deter body disrespecting jerks like teabaggers), customizable loadouts (mimicking COD is not illegal), armor abilities (both H4 and Reach, while booting out Hardlight Shield because it was rather pathetic along with H4's jetpack, reach did it much better). Halo 5’s clamber, sliding, and stabilizing jets while zooming in midair.
  • All past Vehicles and Weapons - Vehicles MIA: Halo 2 Spectre. Halo 3 Chopper, Prowler, Hornet, Elephant and Troop Hog. Halo Reach Revenant, Sabre, all the civilian vehicles. Weapons MIA: Halo CE flamethrower. Halo 2 + 3 Brute Shot, Spiker, Mauler, Spike Grenades, Firebombs. Halo Reach Needle Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Focus Rifle, and Plasma Launcher.
WHAT I DON'T WANT TO SEE COMEBACK:
  • LootBoxes - REQ packs are clearly LootBoxes and that's just gambling. Acceptable MT's are expansion passes (especially if it wasn't in the base game in the first place like Destiny) and also fixed/desired unlocks like armor customization's and weapon unlocks.
  • Excessive Variants of Same Things - Halo 5's overloaded amount of armor skins, weapons skins/variants, and vehicle variants. Just keep it simple.
  • "Guns Down" Levels - The only "guns down" I want to see is a simple button press (like down on the d-pad) to lower your guns for mild short-lived fun in-game (like in Halo 2+3).
Revised, in response to a few recent, and rather unfair experiences...

• Playable and Customizable Elites (Both Campaign and Multiplayer) - Elite Lives Matter, never forget the Arbiter who pioneered playable Elites in Halo and is, if not the best Elite in the entire franchise.
  • Halo 4 + 5’s Gameplay mechanics - Limited sprinting without shield/health recovery restrictions/resettings by default (is it really illegal to flee sometimes like a Grunt when things are not in your favor?), grenade danger indicators (spammers suck), no de-scoping when getting shot at (aim distortion is fine though, it makes sense), death-cams (its both informative and helps deter body disrespecting jerks), customizable loadouts (mimicking COD is not illegal, "purists"), armor abilities (both H4 and Reach, while booting out Hardlight Shield because it was rather useless along with H4's nerfed jetpack, reach did it much better). Halo 5’s clamber, sliding, and SmartScoping (although SS needs some serious work to be more a sensible and realistic version of aiming down the iron sights, especially for the Marines among others).
  • All past Vehicles and Weapons - Vehicles MIA: Spectre, Chopper, Prowler, Hornet, Elephant, Troop Hog, Revenant, Sabre, all the civilian vehicles. Weapons MIA: flamethrower, Brute Shot, Spiker, Mauler, Spike Grenades, Firebombs, Needle Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Focus Rifle, and Plasma Launcher.
WHAT I WANT TO THROW OUT THE WINDOW WHILE SAYING "YEET!":
  • REQ Packs - REQ packs are clearly LootBoxes and buying tons of REQ packs for cosmetics (especially considering the one you want will have a less than 1% chance of actually getting) is just gambling and unacceptable. Acceptable Micro-transactions are expansion passes (especially if it wasn't in the base game in the first place like Destiny did because of Activision's repulsive greed and shame and if it isn't flat-out required at all if it's additional story telling that has no impact on the main game at all) and also fixed/desired unlocks like armor customization's and weapon unlocks/restocking. Unless you REALLY want to become EA and indirectly rob us out of our money for mostly nothing to the point of bankruptcy like that 343. Just don't blame me or any of us when you suffer the "LootBox lawsuits" along with EA, Activision, and Bethesda. Money cannot buy everything in existence, not even immunity from the law or backlash...
  • Excessive Variants of Everything - Halo 5's overloaded amount of armor skins, weapons skins/variants, and vehicle variants. Just keep it simple, no overpowered "siblings".
  • Warzone - It's evil in addition to unfair balancing (lack of underdog assistance). Coupled with LootBoxes (or "surprise mechanics" if your EA), and all the Overpowered variants Halo 5 has, it's just a nightmare that COD pioneered for years that simply says "Winners get all, Losers can't do diddly" when the winning teams get the good stuff much faster and sooner than the losing team does just to entice the losers to quit the game. In all honesty; Warzone made Halo a lot more COD-like than all the other general modern additions that everyone keeps whining about. Just the fact that I cannot play warzone at all because everybody else "has the money to pound me into submission" is just savage. Warzone Firefight is fine enough as it is but still no OP AI's and toys.
TACTICAL NUKE (of anti-opinions and or hate comments by the "purists" among others) INCOMING!!!*. EDIT 11-07-2019
Things to come back:
  1. Customs browser
  2. Halo 5’s Forge
  3. WZFF
Things to never return:
  1. Spartan abilities
  2. Weapon and vehicle variants
  3. REQ system
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2