Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

3 Years of waiting for a glimpse of a new engine?

OP haloboi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Not sure my feelings on the Halo Infinite announcement. On one hand this could be a massive move in the right direction from a plot, gameplay and general art direction. On the other hand this could be a hint at Halo Royale or some open world mess that we never asked for. Im happy to see SOME(any) sort of Halo announcement come off of E3. But it also feels like we will be waiting another 3 years for our next Halo title too. Slightly disappointed with the lack of clarity. Im hoping for a 2019 release at least.
Yeah man, ridiculous that this is all we get after 3 years of silence. And don't get your hopes up...based on the blog post it seems like 2020 earliest...
Yeah man, ridiculous that this is all we get after 3 years of silence. And don't get your hopes up...based on the blog post it seems like 2020 earliest...
I’m afraid you’re right :(
I feel like the trailer was more of a title announcement. There could be more info at PAX and hopefully a beta announced soon.
I'm feeling a bit disappointed too. Of course it is just a trailer, but it feels and looks very disconnected to Halo 5. Most of the trailer is just random beautiful places and animals, Chief is with his old armor, wich I prefer the current one, and we can assume we will drive a lot our Warthog to explore the vast world. That's it.
I just wanted to see hints of where the story is going, if it will actually follow Halo 5. Feels weird.
Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
100% agreed. Can't believe there wasn't more.
Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
That section appears to be taking notes from Bungie's original vision for Halo CE. Look at old Halo CE demo's and you will see there were plans for wildlife to be on the Halo rings much like you see in the trailer for Halo Infinite.
I don't mind the silence, there are other great games to play while waiting, and I want 343 to take as much time on the game to "make things right". And throughout summer we're probably going to get more news for the game, release date, game demos ect. Its a promising start, but the trailer definitely leaves an almost infinite amount of questions unanswered (pun definitely intended).
Well some games take longer than most to make. It sounds like 343 wants to put as much work as possible in the game. So I’m all for waiting till next year. At least we got something to look forward to. And 343 already said this game follows Chief after Halo 5, so it’s safe to say it’s Halo 6.
I heard the audience cheer and clap? It wasn’t pretty loud, it’s even in the YouTube video of the reveal.
MEDICVS wrote:
I’m afraid you’re right :(
I can't see Microsoft wanting to see the next big Halo and Gears of War game release in the same year so I can only see this game releasing in 2020 if Gears 5 is releasing in 2019. This game breaks the 3 year development cycle that all main Halo games before this have had.
That section appears to be taking notes from Bungie's original vision for Halo CE. Look at old Halo CE demo's and you will see there were plans for wildlife to be on the Halo rings much like you see in the trailer for Halo Infinite.
Ive seen the original CE demos. The wild life wasnt as stressed as it was in infinite. Hell i thought it was a big game safari hunting game at first. First impression is everything
Idk how you got 2020 out of that blog post.Let's say the game releases October of next year,well that's 16 months which isn't exactly a short period of time
A 5 year development cycle?
A 5 year development cycle?
Development of the game engine would likely have taken far longer than actually developing the game itself. Actual length of time spent developing the game will likely be less than that of the engine itself.
Can't agree more.The reveal left a bad taste in my mouth but art style looks good.
Idk how you got 2020 out of that blog post.Let's say the game releases October of next year,well that's 16 months which isn't exactly a short period of time
I guarantee you it isn't coming out next year
It better be good if it takes this long. Halo might as well die if they can't pull this off, considering the big issues with the other games. However, I personally wouldn't mind an open-world game, but I also play World of Warcraft. I don't think it's necessary as an MMO player though.
I guarantee you it isn't coming out next year
I'll take that bet,you really think they can afford to not have a halo game come out for another 27 months based on your prediction?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6