Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

3 Years of waiting for a glimpse of a new engine?

OP haloboi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
its just a small video, that show us very little but i know they would give more info tomorrow or a day before E3 ends
Yeah 3 years and all we get tech demo, sure make these halo fan hype for ..... where is gameplay footage and the release date?
Yeah man, ridiculous that this is all we get after 3 years of silence. And don't get your hopes up...based on the blog post it seems like 2020 earliest...
Idk how you got 2020 out of that blog post.Let's say the game releases October of next year,well that's 16 months which isn't exactly a short period of time
I guarantee you it isn't coming out next year
I'll take that bet,you really think they can afford to not have a halo game come out for another 27 months based on your prediction?
The waypoint update even says the game has a long way to go in development. Another year and a half is probably the time frame we are looking at
Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
I heard cheering and clapping and people standing up after lol, idk what you were watching.
Yeah 3 years and all we get tech demo, sure make these halo fan hype for ..... where is gameplay footage and the release date?
Not ready yet. I'm sure if they were at a point where they had gameplay and a release date sorted out, that would have been shown on stage. Right now, they're just giving us a glimpse of what they've been working on, the rest will come when they're ready to show it
Yeah man, ridiculous that this is all we get after 3 years of silence. And don't get your hopes up...based on the blog post it seems like 2020 earliest...
Idk how you got 2020 out of that blog post.Let's say the game releases October of next year,well that's 16 months which isn't exactly a short period of time
I'll take that bet,you really think they can afford to not have a halo game come out for another 27 months based on your prediction?
Microsoft announced they were working on new hardware. My prediction is that Halo Infinity will launch with the next generation Xbox in 2020.
stckrboy wrote:
Not ready yet. I'm sure if they were at a point where they had gameplay and a release date sorted out, that would have been shown on stage. Right now, they're just giving us a glimpse of what they've been working on, the rest will come when they're ready to show it
This is why I have trust issues with 343. I waited this long. I am no longer having hype for Halo anymore and that makes me sad. Halo was one of few franchises I actually become hype for!
The longer they take to put core features into the game Day 1 with a good story, unlike Halo 5, the better. I'm so glad this game isn't coming out this year. I suspect it'll be late 2019, early 2020.
Be thankful we actually got something. I'm still hyped.
The reveal did not give us much to go on.

I hope we don't have to wait 3 years for this.
This is why I have trust issues with 343. I waited this long. I am no longer having hype for Halo anymore and that makes me sad. Halo was one of few franchises I actually become hype for!
If you want a solid game that does its best to live up to your expectations then it's going to mean waiting a little longer, or they could rush something out early...
stckrboy wrote:
If you want a solid game that does its best to live up to your expectations then it's going to mean waiting a little longer, or they could rush something out early...
I can't really expect anything out of tech demo, that is the problem, the trailer was just a tech demo and later they made a blog post. Why didn't 343 Studio Head show up at E3 and made announcement?
After seeing the new engine, I believe that the wait will be worth it. Idk about you, but I’ll take this any day over anything in Halo 4 and 5. This is refreshing step to revitalize the king franchise. Halo had some of the best graphics, for its time, when it realeased on console and PC. It held the reigns of multiplayer and story. It’s time to get great graphics again, a solid multiplayer experience, richer Universe, story, and missions. I think this engine will deliver that. Hell, I they even called it Slipspace lol. I’m as ready for the future as Emile will ever be. The teaser showed us quality, so I’m all for it if the time pays off.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
They're obviously not ready to push out gameplay and story elements just yet, otherwise we would have something more. As to why Bonnie wasn't up on stage? I have no idea. I expected to see her myself but I guess if they're not ready to go into more detail then Phil's speech was good enough until they are
F16 HUNTER wrote:
Microsoft announced they were working on new hardware. My prediction is that Halo Infinity will launch with the next generation Xbox in 2020.
The trailer ends by showing the Xbox One X & S and says "Games play best on Xbox One". I know that's probably some thing they have to slap at the end of all Xbox trailers, but it would still seem pretty misleading.

What would be an issue though, is that it would piss off all the people who bought Xbox One X's. You're going to tell them you sold them this fancy console with unmatched capabilities that you rendered obsolete in two years and didn't develop a single Halo game with it in mind? Just "enhanced" a few?

They should probably do what commonly happens early in a console's lifespan (such as with games like GTA V & AC Black Flag) where they do versions for both generations. Although that would be a first for Halo, presumably because it sells Xboxes and having it on the old system would hinder sales of the new one. But that's also the same reason they stopped putting Halo on PC and they're doing that again, aren't they? So who knows?

It just seems weird that Halo 5 will be the only main Halo game of this generation, but whatever. As long as the new one has back-compat for all the old ones. lol
OP Its a pretty good engine.
After seeing the new engine, I believe that the wait will be worth it. Idk about you, but I’ll take this any day over anything in Halo 4 and 5. This is refreshing step to revitalize the king franchise. Halo had some of the best graphics, for its time, when it realeased on console and PC. It held the reigns of multiplayer and story. It’s time to get great graphics again, a solid multiplayer experience, richer Universe, story, and missions. I think this engine will deliver that. Hell, I they even called it Slipspace lol. I’m as ready for the future as Emile will ever be. The teaser showed us quality, so I’m all for it if the time pays off.
Agreed, I'm willing to continue waiting if it means we get a good game out of it.
stckrboy wrote:
I can't really expect anything out of tech demo, that is the problem, the trailer was just a tech demo and later they made a blog post. Why didn't 343 Studio Head show up at E3 and made announcement?
Imagine the things they can do with this engine. You did watch it correct? Do you know what this means for Halo? We didn’t just see classic art, but also great exploration. If you ask me, we can expect this in Halo titles, something that has been missing for a long time. If you can’t wait for one of the only true franchises that gets you hyped, then tbh, you really weren’t down to begin with. Btw, it really helps to occupy yourself with other things to forget about when Halo news is coming. I didn’t even know E3, demonstration was happening until I got off work and saw play on tv. Wasn’t even thinking of E3 this whole time.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
The commenters in this thread remind me of Star Wars fans, of which I have a very negative perception regarding.

I, for one, thought the announcement trailer was brilliant, and I really look forward to the game.
A whole new engine... Cant wait to see the outcome..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6