Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

3 Years of waiting for a glimpse of a new engine?

OP haloboi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
ItsRIDDICK wrote:
Can't agree more.The reveal left a bad taste in my mouth but art style looks good.
Really, it looks plastic, something that was really prominent in Halo 5.
I like the way MC and those marines looked.
I'm not sure if you understand just how important what they showed us is. Building the engine is what makes or breaks the Halo game. This one looks phenomenal, and it should influence the greatness of the game greatly.
I'd keep your fingers crossed for a 2019 winter release. 2020 is very possible (very painful to say that). I'd rather they polish up the new engine properly so we don't get a Battlefield 4 type launch (broken af).
If its 2020, at the very least I'd expect a beta or "flight" at some point in summer or autumn 2019.
Halo: Breath of the Wild
Eh, it will go quick. In the meantime we'll get little pills of hype every once in a while.
The fact that Gears is coming out next year and there wasn’t any release year shown in trailer, I’m guessing 2020 as well. All I can say is that if we’re waiting 5 years for the next story since 2015 it needs to be top notch
seanonix wrote:
Eh, it will go quick. In the meantime we'll get little pills of hype every once in a while.
We also have the MCC updates to look forward to which will include new content at some point. Whether that be more H2A maps, ODST firefight or maybe even Reach in about a year or so (I can dream, can't I?).
I also wouldn't put it past them to maybe give Halo 5 a couple of updates too.
I don't understand why they had to make another new engine. They had made a new one for Halo 5 and Halo 1-4 were all on the same engine. Was the Halo 5 engine so bad that they really needed to make a new one so soon bad and waist so much time in the process? All that time could have been put into the game. If Halo 5's was soo bad why not just use some of the other really good engines out there? It's not like people are having wet dreams over the idea of Halo games using engines made just for them. The vast majority of people don't care what engine the game in running just that the game is good.

Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
Are you sure about that? Cuz you're wrong :)

https://youtu.be/8Yha-AViqBo
Snockooz wrote:
I don't understand why they had to make another new engine. They had made a new one for Halo 5 and Halo 1-4 were all on the same engine. Was the Halo 5 engine so bad that they really needed to make a new one so soon bad and waist so much time in the process? All that time could have been put into the game. If Halo 5's was soo bad why not just use some of the other really good engines out there? It's not like people are having wet dreams over the idea of Halo games using engines made just for them. The vast majority of people don't care what engine the game in running just that the game is good.

You should read this :
Friendly reminder that H5 doesn't use a new engine - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/friendly-reminder-that-h5-doesn-t-use-a-new-engine/74ab3c05-fb39-42e1-b38f-3f78f1c0508f/posts
I wonder what direction they will go with gameplay, classic or halo 5.
Saitam305 wrote:
I don't mind the silence, there are other great games to play while waiting, and I want 343 to take as much time on the game to "make things right". And throughout summer we're probably going to get more news for the game, release date, game demos ect. Its a promising start, but the trailer definitely leaves an almost infinite amount of questions unanswered (pun definitely intended).
Agreed. Qoute from https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins:
"I know waiting can be hard for folks who are excited for more info about the game. We are taking the time we need to make the right game and are making changes to how we approach things this time around. The goal of the entire 343 Industries team is to make a great Halo game for our fans that also invites new players into our franchise. We will have some new and unexpected directions to take folks in and I believe the way we achieve that is to build alongside our community, iterating and improving as we go."

Im very glad they will take the time they need actually.
I'm glad they're taking their time and not rushing to meet some self-imposed 3 year deadline. I'd rather wait 8 years and get a really solid game than wait 3 years and get something that's just okay. It sounds like they've built a whole new engine this time, which is a lot of work and may not seem that interesting to us, but it does mean that they likely built it taking into account all the things they want to achieve on newer hardware. The old engine went right back to CE, with updates for each game and by the time they got to Halo 5, there were things they couldn't do anymore while also bringing things up to a more contemporary standard, this should alleviate that.

Honestly, we probably wont get it until 2020, but remember, they're doing preview flights during development to help them refine things and get feedback. That means we'll likely be able to experience it in at least a limited fashion next year.
I'm definitely intrigued! I wish we'd have got a little more information about it. I'm getting something of an open-world vibe from it but who knows. Perhaps this is Ander's Ring?
Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
That section appears to be taking notes from Bungie's original vision for Halo CE. Look at old Halo CE demo's and you will see there were plans for wildlife to be on the Halo rings much like you see in the trailer for Halo Infinite.
Ive seen the original CE demos. The wild life wasnt as stressed as it was in infinite. Hell i thought it was a big game safari hunting game at first. First impression is everything
I understand your point of view on this, and that this is how you perceive this. But don't forget that this is a engine demo and not the game itself what you may have hoped for, even though it looks like an exploration setting, as it does to me too. Personally I really like that. Different sort of life-forms on planets/rings have always been part of the halo universe. for example the different creatures in the book "hunters in the dark", it gives an idea how vast the Halo universe is and I can only imagine how it will be possible to tie it the story with the mantle and protecting species, for example. Im sure well get to see gameplay as soon it is there!.
Quote:
"Not ready yet. I'm sure if they were at a point where they had gameplay and a release date sorted out, that would have been shown on stage. Right now, they're just giving us a glimpse of what they've been working on, the rest will come when they're ready to show it"
I'm hoping for a late 2019 release at the earliest. I think the trailer was more of an engine showcase moreso than an actual trailer for Infinite.
That section appears to be taking notes from Bungie's original vision for Halo CE. Look at old Halo CE demo's and you will see there were plans for wildlife to be on the Halo rings much like you see in the trailer for Halo Infinite.
Yeah, I got those vibes too. Rewatched the old Mac trailer and I can see that 343 heavily drew inspiration from that.
If Halo 5 had a better Story, then the wait wouldn't be so painful. Also why did they need another engine? They could have used that time for the Game
If Halo 5 had a better Story, then the wait wouldn't be so painful. Also why did they need another engine? They could have used that time for the Game
Because it was time for a New Engine, Halo 1-5 including ODST and Reach all used the same engine just tweaked and overhauled. This engine looks spectacular, high resolution and fluid 60fps. If this is anything to go on, then Halo 6 will at least look amazing even if it doesn't play amazing.
Personally, the wait sucks, but, I would rather them take all the time they need than to rush the game and have a disaster like MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6