Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

3 Years of waiting for a glimpse of a new engine?

OP haloboi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Personally, the wait sucks, but, I would rather them take all the time they need than to rush the game and have a disaster like MCC.
Or release an incomplete game like halo 5.
Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
Were you even watching the same stream?
Anyone notice the E3 audience didnt show excitement or even clap even after the trailer?...the whole safari/lion king setting was really weird. Everyone was like..."uh...was that halo?"
Yeah the second the piano key hit with Chief holding his helmet, the audience erupted. The anticipation with the vaguely familiar yet different setting had an excellent pay-off later in the trailer.
KayMrt wrote:
Personally, the wait sucks, but, I would rather them take all the time they need than to rush the game and have a disaster like MCC.
Or release an incomplete game like halo 5.
Exactly
I think that the teaser show the game will be beautiful but we really want some concrets informations about the story, the place. A really hype in other words. After the conference of Microsoft Im sorry to say Im not hype at all for this Halo. We wanted a trailer of the game not of the engine.
New engine designed for the modern console designed by 343i, instead of using an engine modified from h5 which (i believe) was modified from h4 which was modified from reach (and maybe further back), could mean huge improvements in environment and model rendering and animation, as well as new and exciting weapons, effects and enemy AI.
haloboi wrote:
Not sure my feelings on the Halo Infinite announcement. On one hand this could be a massive move in the right direction from a plot, gameplay and general art direction. On the other hand this could be a hint at Halo Royale or some open world mess that we never asked for. Im happy to see SOME(any) sort of Halo announcement come off of E3. But it also feels like we will be waiting another 3 years for our next Halo title too. Slightly disappointed with the lack of clarity. Im hoping for a 2019 release at least.
Im honestly not surprised it was just a glimpse of just the new game engine. However im not disappointed with the trailer. And I honestly belive its a move in the right direction. Secondly I wouldent be so quick to jump to conclusions. HAlo Infinate could and might already be in the works. We dont know this officialy however that could be the case. As for your stating it could be an open world. I highly doubt that agian we dont know for certain but I can say on the website for halo waypoint. They did state that the story would be focused on the master chief. And if that's the case then it may be a return to classic halo as we know it. I would suggest waiting and seeing what 343 says when more information comes up
Yeah I'm also concerned on how it will take before release. I mean if it's fall of 2019, we could be dead by then. Think about that, car accident, failing health, some freak on the street decides he wants street cred. Anything could happen in a year, let alone 3 more! Looks like I'll be living the hermit life until Halo comes out.
I like that halo is in development with the Chief at the forefront, but It does suck that it's not ready to play. I hope we don't have to wait another 3 years for the actual game.
KayMrt wrote:
Yeah the second the piano key hit with Chief holding his helmet, the audience erupted. The anticipation with the vaguely familiar yet different setting had an excellent pay-off later in the trailer.
I was certainly confused, because at first it wasn't a halo game, then I thought it was a fireteam raven promo, then they said it was halo infinite and I didn't know if it was another spin-off or halo 6. Pretty excited to see where this goes though.
Don't complain about the date. We still get a Halo game and I'm glad they're taking their time for this one. They need to.

All the power to you, 343 :)
I also think that a late 2019 or 2020 release date is ridiculous. They already have had plenty of time and i think it should be released this year or early 2019.
If they built this engine from scratch, that would account for what 343's been doing for the last three years. Building a new engine takes time.

it is what it is. They'll release the game when they're good and ready, and it's not as if they've been sitting on their hands doing nothing this whole time.
haloboi wrote:
On the other hand this could be a hint at Halo Royale or some open world mess that we never asked for.
There are currently no Battle Royale style games / game modes in development at 343.
Heeb614 wrote:
Id rather 343 take time with this next game. After the backlash from the campaign and art style of H5 i dont blame 343 for taking time with this one. As long as Infinite delivers the wait will be worth it
This. 100% this.

I do not want a half-completed game. If they need another year, hell even two years, that's absolutely fine by me.
I also think that a late 2019 or 2020 release date is ridiculous. They already have had plenty of time and i think it should be released this year or early 2019.
I doubt that will happen. 343i seems to be taking their time and with talks of the next generation of consoles picking up, I wouldn't be surprised if H6 launches with the next Xbox. At the earliest, I would say H6 would be ready for launch in Fall 2019 but with the new engine, it might be longer than that.
i dont mind 343 taking their time to make things right tbh
To quote Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” Recent games such as God of War and Breath of the Wild have shown as much. So yeah, let 343 take all the time they need to make the best Halo game possible. We can wait.
Couldn't agree more.

Outside of the armada of "oh my gerd halo 3 classic art style master chef" fanboying, there's nothing. Really don't understand the hype that everyone has right there. We know pretty much nothing as much as we did the hour before the trailer was dropped.
I doubt that will happen. 343i seems to be taking their time and with talks of the next generation of consoles picking up, I wouldn't be surprised if H6 launches with the next Xbox. At the earliest, I would say H6 would be ready for launch in Fall 2019 but with the new engine, it might be longer than that.
But with all these years waiting I doubt It will be worth the wait. I'm scared that they only started to make the game recently since we only got to see a short teaser trailer and a long way till the release.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6