1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
PSYCHOROID wrote:
Delayed, yes.
But also the xbox one (/x) versions MUST be cancelled.

Infinite wont be better technically speaking as long as the game will be compatible with the old xbox one and being hold back by its hardware

I agree that the problem doesnt come from 343i but from Microsoft headquarters and their choices regarding the release of the game on the old xbox (343 payed a lot of attention to the players requests and criticism when you watch Infinite open maps, MC's armor design and gameplay)

I see a lot of people saying that they wont buy the XSX after that Infinite show disaster (because once again the game looks completly out of his time technically speaking)
How can you know this? Do you know how the engine works, what build processes they use, implementation,..?
My lord... you guys are so overdramatic. Do you honestly think they just made with demo this morning and those are the current state of the games graphics?
I don't think it is overly dramatic at all. I wish it was man.

I can only compare to 343's previous showings of Halo games pre release. Neither H4 or H5 looked so rough months prior to release. That's my evidence and the bar I'm looking to.

I really believe in 343 and this game, but I don't know about when this demo would have been made. I'd be going for the most up to date build to show off to the world if I was 343, especially as it's a few months away from launch and their first gameplay showing. I do believe this is the current build, they are putting up 4k screenshots of this as marketing. Why would they put up 4K screenshots of an old build?
I really don't agree that the Halo 5 Campaign Demo looked better than Halo Infinite's. To me it looks even less polished.

Either way, to me the biggest difference is that they were showing off different aspects off the game.

In the Halo 5 Demo they showed the most visually striking mission in order to boast about the graphical excellence.

In the Halo Infinite Demo they mainly showed the way the campaign is going to be played. Putting emphasis on the game mechanics and the flow of combat as well as a glimpse into how the open world aspect is going to work.

Sure, they also presented the skybox and vastness of the playable world. But I'm not at all worried about how the graphical quality of those elements will look and feel upon the release of the game.

I too think that you and many others are overreacting. I don't mind that people give criticism about cetain textures and their quality but you can do so in a constructive way. Without declaring the game "doomed."
The game looks good, keep in mind that demo is a recording of a recording, so the quality will look week. They have been making the game for 5 years, NO WAY SHOULD THEY DELAY IT!
A recording of a recording of horrible pop in and poor lighting and low detail textures.
Packast wrote:
My lord... you guys are so overdramatic. Do you honestly think they just made with demo this morning and those are the current state of the games graphics?
I don't think it is overly dramatic at all. I wish it was man.

I can only compare to 343's previous showings of Halo games pre release. Neither H4 or H5 looked so rough months prior to release. That's my evidence and the bar I'm looking to.

I really believe in 343 and this game, but I don't know about when this demo would have been made. I'd be going for the most up to date build to show off to the world if I was 343, especially as it's a few months away from launch and their first gameplay showing. I do believe this is the current build, they are putting up 4k screenshots of this as marketing. Why would they put up 4K screenshots of an old build?
I really don't agree that the Halo 5 Campaign Demo looked better than Halo Infinite's. To me it looks even less polished.

Either way, to me the biggest difference is that they were showing off different aspects off the game.

In the Halo 5 Demo they showed the most visually striking mission in order to boast about the graphical excellence.

In the Halo Infinite Demo they mainly showed the way the campaign is going to be played. Putting emphasis on the game mechanics and the flow of combat as well as a glimpse into how the open world aspect is going to work.

Sure, they also presented the skybox and vastness of the playable world. But I'm not at all worried about how the graphical quality of those elements will look and feel upon the release of the game.

I too think that you and many others are overreacting. I don't mind that people give criticism about cetain textures and their quality but you can do so in a constructive way. Without declaring the game "doomed."
I never said the game was doomed. But do I think it needs delaying based on last Thursday's showing? Yes. But if 343 can provide assurance they can get it looking great before the planned
release, then fair enough.

Halo 5 looked much more polished than this, at E3 2015. Better textures, more polished backgrounds and better enemy character models. And Halo 5 does have graphical excellence. That game is stunning on Xbox One X.

Nothing I've said isn't constructive. I like the look of the gameplay, the open world elements, the story, I like the voice acting and it's overall direction. Do I expect a stellar showing of graphical prowess and performance? Absolutely. The E3 2018 trailer was stunning and if I am going to upgrade to Series X, I would expect to see a graphical showcase. Not something like we saw last Thursday, that looks worse than Halo 5 in terms of graphics. And it really does in many places. The background detail and textures are so bad in that trailer.
Game looks like it'll be a lot of fun, as long as multiplayer looks promising, 0 need for a delay.
They aren't going to delay it simply because it is a launch title, which means less money if they do so.

Although I wouldn't mind if they delayed it (because a delayed finished game is better than a released unfinished one), it's not going to happen. They have way more influential people around them than you or I that want this game released in Holiday 2020. Delaying it is just not going to happen.

Now, it should be understood that this is a demo, not the final product. The Halo 2 E3 2003 demo absolutely blew people away and it wasn't indicative of the finished product. My point, is this is only a glimpse of it, and an unfinished one at that.

Patience.
To all complaining about GrApHiCs...

Y'all truly don't remember the Bungie Vidocs where there was literally no textures in H3 do you? Or the MP Beta for H3 that had entirely different lighting... or the H2 E3 demo that wasn't even a real build of the game. Do you?
  • H3 Lighting Pre-release - https://youtu.be/MG9fh74D-_M?t=276
  • H3 Early ViDoc (much earlier than the Halo Infinite reveal, still worth noting) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPOlLH8p8u8&feature=youtu.be&t=281
  • H2 E3 Demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-4foLur0g
This is surely close to the final product, but lets hang tight for the time being lol, they've heard the anger.
If you rewatch Halo 4 and Halo 5 Gameplay demos at E3, you will see that the graphics really looked finished and polished.

Something seems wrong with Infinite. If the build is several months-old, why release these bad screenshots and not screenshots from the current build ? It would be easy to do so.
My issues with the graphical traits of the demo are as follows:
Yellow hexagons for shield recharging. Please remove this, it's incredibly obnoxious.
Hit markers. Make these optional. I want to see the enemy I'm shooting, not see a little "X" and hear a popping noise.
Blood. Needs more blood, permanent blood that coats the environment like CE.
Lighting needs an overhaul. From what I read, this was running on a "Mid Range PC test build", so this could've had some settings lowered if it was mid-range (GTX 1660ti - 2060 Super range is what I'm assuming.) As it stands, the lighting is too flat and ugly.
The skybox needs a redo, it's literally a blue box. Needs stars, clouds, etc.
Weapons look too clean, but they are fairly detailed in the 4K footage. Needs more wear+tear.
Enemy textures need revamped to look more metallic, less plastic.
The Phantom looked %100 like a mega bloks set. Needs more detail and less jank in its animations.
Overall, the game looks fine, but the small details are missing and that's whats' really upsetting me, it needs a lot of polish. I'm afraid they won't be able to properly refine it before launch. There's already a crap ton of memes about how bad Infinite looks, even Dominoes is making fun of it.
The game looks good, keep in mind that demo is a recording of a recording, so the quality will look week. They have been making the game for 5 years, NO WAY SHOULD THEY DELAY IT!
A recording of a recording of horrible pop in and poor lighting and low detail textures.
Graphics dont look the best I admit, but they good enough, and gameplay looks great. I would be happy to play what I saw this fall.
Halo infinite deleyed until 2021
Think this thread has run its course.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10