343 does too much extra SOURCES COROBORATE

OP iitz ANONYMOUS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
There is no more clear proof than the game being presented in the state it was in.
If there is no more clear proof than the demo, which worked perfectly fine and only real issue was its graphical presentation, then there isn't really good proof. Was the management just ignoring the art department to work on the show but somehow watching the other aspects adequetly well?

Just because something didn't turn out well, doesn't mean any wild claim about something is suddenly true. Its just like all the people who claim wow died becuase of their own personal grievances with the game.

You've made a claim, had to change that claim, and are now latching onto something that vaguely supports your modified claim.
I love Foreward Unto Dawn and the Forerunner Saga books, and Halo 4 turned out great in my opinion even though they did those. And the few things I didn't like about Halo 4 had nothing to do with budget or prioritation, it was their artistic choices.
I didn't like Halo 5 but the same thing goes there really, it didn't have anything to do with that they do other things, it was the choices in the making of the game. Not doing the audio series would not have changed that probably.
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Just for clarification, Ske7ch pretty much debunked that Brad Sams' guy report as wrong on reddit.
Source
The report talks about management focusing more on the TV show. Teams don't matter when management isn't focusing on the game more than other assets. Also, they say its significant outsourcing, meaning more a than usual.
... The report which was was already debunked by Ske7ch himself.
If I am offering you a source, I'd advise you to read it before you simply repeat
something already flagged as wrong information.
Game developers aren't developing tv shows.This should be common sense and should not need an explanation.Apart from that, almost every AAA-studio outsources,
Halo games in particular have been outsourced even in the Bungie era.
"More than usual" can mean anything, from bad to good.
Saying that's necessarily a bad sign is speculation.

If you haven't already, you should check out Sperasoft's homepage,
the company which is helping out 343i with H:I, they have worked with numerous AAA studios.

Outsorcing is far more common than the average gamer knows, simply because
it isn't something that gets openly communicated because, like I said,
it's commonly happening all the time and nothing unsual and especially not worth mentioning.
343 isn't a game developer, its a company with multiple divisions which is ran by managers. If upper management isn't focusing on the game division, then the game will suffer. This is how any company in the world works.
343 has separate teams. The people who made the graphics everyone is complaining about are completely separate from the TV show team.
You didn't read what I just said then. The teams are still ran by management. Management caring more about non-game assets has a huge affect on game development
Management doesn’t make graphics. The dedicated graphics team is solely focused on graphics. If management was distracted (which is a rumor from one source that has been denied), that wouldn’t affect the graphics. A pandemic, which makes the entire team abruptly switch to working from home (which is a fact confirmed by multiple sources and 343), causes problems with graphics.
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Just for clarification, Ske7ch pretty much debunked that Brad Sams' guy report as wrong on reddit.
Source
The report talks about management focusing more on the TV show. Teams don't matter when management isn't focusing on the game more than other assets. Also, they say its significant outsourcing, meaning more a than usual.
If I am offering you a source, I'd advise you to read it before you simply repeat
Game developers aren't developing tv shows.This should be common sense and should not need an explanation.Apart from that, almost every AAA-studio outsources,

the company which is helping out 343i with H:I, they have worked with numerous AAA studios.

it's commonly happening all the time and nothing unsual and especially not worth mentioning.
343 isn't a game developer, its a company with multiple divisions which is ran by managers. If upper management isn't focusing on the game division, then the game will suffer. This is how any company in the world works.
343 has separate teams. The people who made the graphics everyone is complaining about are completely separate from the TV show team.
You didn't read what I just said then. The teams are still ran by management. Management caring more about non-game assets has a huge affect on game development
Management doesn’t make graphics. The dedicated graphics team is solely focused on graphics. If management was distracted (which is a rumor from one source that has been denied), that wouldn’t affect the graphics. A pandemic, which makes the entire team abruptly switch to working from home (which is a fact confirmed by multiple sources and 343), causes problems with graphics.
Look up manager, boss anything to do with an entity that is in charge and then tell me that the manager of 343 has nothing to do with how well the game is made... including graphics.
There is no more clear proof than the game being presented in the state it was in.
If there is no more clear proof than the demo, which worked perfectly fine and only real issue was its graphical presentation, then there isn't really good proof. Was the management just ignoring the art department to work on the show but somehow watching the other aspects adequetly well?

Just because something didn't turn out well, doesn't mean any wild claim about something is suddenly true. Its just like all the people who claim wow died becuase of their own personal grievances with the game.

You've made a claim, had to change that claim, and are now latching onto something that vaguely supports your modified claim.
my claim is still the same... 343 does too much. They have yet to produce 1 good halo game. They couldn't even remaster halo ce without making it look like another game.
WolfV11 wrote:
It's quite simple, really. As you go up the chain of hierarchy in any management structure, you will find that there are more and more people who wear different hats at different times and the perspective of those who work under said management are likely to develop perspectives based how management is serving them; there are those in Microsoft/343 who handle higher level (big picture) functions of the Halo IP and oversee multiple projects.

This is the way most companies are structured. There can be two separate teams, and maybe they report to two separate levels of management, but then that management reports to someone who his higher than them. You go up the chain of command to people who handle multiple projects--go look at high level corporate job postings, they ask for people with this skillset.

Money, time, resources, direction--it all flows from a single origin point that gets more condensed the further up you go. There has to be someone or a group of people who approach the Halo IP from a bird's eye perspective--how the hell else would you manage a vast transmedia project?

How does the team overseeing how the fiction in the Halo books matches the fiction in the games so that everything is, for the most part, consistent and canonized? There are people who serve as bridges between these teams--ya know, who manage the communication and allocation of time and resources.

If the Didact showed up in Halo 5 as the main villain without a hint of explanation as to how he survived what happened in the comics--yeah, then there'd be two separate teams clearly operating independently--but that didn't happen. Separate works operate in tandem when it comes, not only to plot points and consistency but also to the management of time and resources. This isn't rocket science. This is a transmedia endeavor;' multiple aspects of it, by the very nature of its structure, have to be managed by some of the same people--not everyone--but certainly key people.

And because a PR person comes out and, literally, says "Nothing to See Here Folx," or, perhaps more commonly fitting our dystopic times: "Fake News. Halo is fine," doesn't mean anything. Name the last company who was blatantly honest about any potential chaos going on inside--that virtually never happens.

Vampire Bloodlines 2 just lost its main writers. You think Paradox and Hardsuit are going to come out and say: "Yeah, we lost the main writers and that sort of takes us back to square one and we'll have to completely revision the narrative structure of this game"? Even if such a suspicion was true--and there's no way to really know without insider information--they wouldn't admit it. They'll put out the usual "we are moving along well with the game" that every studio puts out because its standard operating PR procedure--for games and any business (and, currently, our government in the States.)

Fake news. Lying press. Nameless sources. Ethics in journalism. Been there, done that, bought the "this is fine" t shirt many, many times.

EDIT:
I'm in no way implying anything about what may or may not be going on with the Vampire game. I was just using it as a hypothetical example because it's another current semi-popular title that's having some shakeup behind the scenes to illustrate a point about how it's the responsibility of PR to put on a good face to the public. Purely speculative and not meant to be descriptive about any reality--which is how I live my life in general.
Finally somebody who gets how any productive job site works. I dont understand how people think games are jusy made by teams and then they put random pieces together and thats the final product.

Tesla has a CEO
AMAZON has a CEO

Without their CEOs they would not innovate and be in the position they are in currently.

Look at Apple today versus when Steve Jobs ran things.

Thank you wolf for actually getting it!
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Source

Look up manager, boss anything to do with an entity that is in charge and then tell me that the manager of 343 has nothing to do with how well the game is made... including graphics.
And every boss delegates. They hire the best people they can to manage specific teams, like game or tv show development.
Anyway, the rumor has been proven false.
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Source

And every boss delegates. They hire the best people they can to manage specific teams, like game or tv show development.
Proven False by a 343 employee who works for 343... The same company that lied and sold people the MCC knowing it was clearly a broken game. You should put quotations on proven when your evidence is a PR stunt. "Proven"
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Source

Proven False by a 343 employee who works for 343... The same company that lied and sold people the MCC knowing it was clearly a broken game. You should put quotations on proven when your evidence is a PR stunt. "Proven"
Did you even read it? Ske7ch has always been pretty upfront with the community. He didn’t even try to spin the narrative; he flat out denied all the rumors and came clean. He’s not just defending himself, he’s attacking the guy who made the untrue rumor. If it was for PR he would’ve said something like “343 collaborates well with other developers to help make the best game possible,” not “I’d like to make it very clear [the 2019] demo was not ‘outsourced.’”

What’s your evidence? “It makes sense”
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Source

Did you even read it? Ske7ch has always been pretty upfront with the community. He didn’t even try to spin the narrative; he flat out denied all the rumors and came clean. He’s not just defending himself, he’s attacking the guy who made the untrue rumor. If it was for PR he would’ve said something like “343 collaborates well with other developers to help make the best game possible,” not “I’d like to make it very clear [the 2019] demo was not ‘outsourced.’”

He's acting as a PR rep for 343. End of the day 343 does too much. If they havent put out one good game that could stand on its own without halos name, then they shouldnt be doing ten thousand other things. Which they are doing. And those things are hurting game development by taking resources.

Also youre falling for the oldest trick in the book. Trust what he says because he's being relatable
There's nothing wrong about producing extra stuff.
The problem is that they are putting all the good stuff outside of videogames and they give us a campaign like H5
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Source

He's acting as a PR rep for 343. End of the day 343 does too much. If they havent put out one good game that could stand on its own without halos name, then they shouldnt be doing ten thousand other things. Which they are doing. And those things are hurting game development by taking resources.

Also youre falling for the oldest trick in the book. Trust what he says because he's being relatable
And you’re trusting one “journalist” who gets paid based on clicks.

No resources are being lost—no level designer got pulled to the other media team. Microsoft is a large company that constantly hires new positions to get things done.

Halo 5 has amazing multiplayer and it’s very different from other halos. I’d say it’s standing pretty well on its own as some people don’t consider it an actual “halo.” The halo branding doesn’t make the game more fun to play. But opinions are inherently subjective; I’m not going to continue arguing about whether 343s halo games are good or not.
This is Halo MCC 2, will be re-launched in ... 2025.
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Source

And you’re trusting one “journalist” who gets paid based on clicks.

No resources are being lost—no level designer got pulled to the other media team. Microsoft is a large company that constantly hires new positions to get things done.

Halo 5 has amazing multiplayer and it’s very different from other halos. I’d say it’s standing pretty well on its own as some people don’t consider it an actual “halo.” The halo branding doesn’t make the game more fun to play. But opinions are inherently subjective; I’m not going to continue arguing about whether 343s halo games are good or not.
No. Im looking at the company overall and every bit of information that has come out. Again 343 does too much. Halo 5 only sold well because it was a halo game. But unlike good halo games it did not retain a high population for very long. The story was the worst it has ever been in the series.

This is a serious question. Have you ever had a manager/boss? Do you not realize that if a manager is bad then the projects vison will be largely affected by that?
In terms of story? I'd say that it is improved due to the extra content added before.
But it is a problem when the player is trying to make sense of how we went from Halo 4 to Halo 5....heck it was confusing enough when 343i tried to explain why MC magically got a new armour in his sleep with a Jet Pack when they were on a mostly damaged ship with limited resources or when HuntTheTruth was made meaningless when Halo 5 came out. It's basically like the old phrase 'quality over quantity'. Extra lore is fine but not if it doesn't make sense or devalues the overall experience.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11