Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343 Frustrates Me

OP LITTLE TE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I just wish they would've said that DW doesn't fit the design. And they should have elites--and all forms of playable enemy types for custom games and machinima.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
I really hope that a 343 assassin doesn't get me for my possibly traitorous post so I'm gonna cover it with a spoiler warning
AHEM, DEAR 343 ASSASSIN, PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THIS SPOILER BECAUSE YOU MAY FIND IT TRAITOUROUS AND PUT ME ON THE KILL LIST. HAVE MERCY 343, HAVE MERCY
Spoiler:
Show
(loud banging) ONI OPEN UP!
WolfV11 wrote:
I would just have so much more respect for them if they'd just say "dual-wielding doesn't fit how we're designing this game. It hasn't been in Halo in many years and was phased out before 343 took over the franchise."
I thought they pretty much have over the years. My memory may have been fading but they have touched upon the problems with game balance / sandbox previously.

Fans of dual wielding just don't listen.

WolfV11 wrote:
As for no Elites?
Ridiculous. Keep it out of competitive if you want to make everything more uniform, but you should be able to play as every Covenant species in custom games if you want. Hell, you should be able to play as Flood and Prometheans in custom games if you want.
Just out of interest, how many other first person shooters let you run around as the (alien/monster) enemy?

I haven't played a lot of other games... so just curious.
It is really easy for us to sit behind our keyboards and sit on our couches and say "343 isn't listening to the fans" when what you are really saying is that 343 has made a decision that you personally don't agree with. Show me the data that says the majority of the fans want dual wielding in the game. Show me the data that says the majority of fans want to play as an elite...
Exactly. 343 would have huge amounts of data from the old games and MCC. They would know exactly what proportion of the population plays what type of games, how much, and how exclusively.
343 frustrates a lot of people in general. I think we can agree to that.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I've always felt since H5, 343i is the kind of studio that does a "2 steps forward, 1 step backward" with almost everything they do. For example what we know of the customization system. It sounds like we're going to get the most customization options we've ever had but at the same time they're taking away a big one via primary/secondary colours. Or the engine. "Hey we made a brand new engine solely for Halo"... and the graphics look like they're from the 360 era (I know screenshots look great but we'll see once the game is actually out). As far as the recent info dump though, I'm neutral on elites so don't care if they come back or not. Dual wielding I flat out don't want to return. So I'm happy with last update but I get other people's frustrations.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
(loud banging) ONI OPEN UP!
Bungie was done with Halo, 343 didn't take it from them. Bungie sold Halo and the rights to all of its content to Microsoft and Bungie's contract with Microsoft stipulated that while employed by Microsoft that they could only work on Halo games and Bungie wanted to create something else after Halo 3. Bungie abandoned Halo to create Destiny. When Bungie made Halo Reach they made a prequel because they had no intention of continuing Master Chief's story even though fans and Microsoft wanted more. If Bungie had kept making Halo games I doubt they would be anything like the original 3 at all, even more different than 343 made them. Also some of the original group from Bungie who were wanting to continue with the Halo franchise made it over to 343, but that was only a very small number of people who wanted to continue with Halo.
Darwi wrote:
It is really easy for us to sit behind our keyboards and sit on our couches and say "343 isn't listening to the fans" when what you are really saying is that 343 has made a decision that you personally don't agree with. Show me the data that says the majority of the fans want dual wielding in the game. Show me the data that says the majority of fans want to play as an elite...
Exactly. 343 would have huge amounts of data from the old games and MCC. They would know exactly what proportion of the population plays what type of games, how much, and how exclusively.
So I guess by this logic it was okay for them to remove Oddball from Halo 5 because there was no data saying that the majority of fans wanted Oddball in Halo 5?

We're really having a debate of the reasoning that determine why staple features are missing from Halo and people are trying to justify it. That's just absurd.

The "majority" of fans don't want sprint in, as "data" as shown on numerous occasions and yet it's been in and will continue to be in Halo. What do we do with that, then?
Phaaze wrote:
Darwi wrote:
So I guess by this logic it was okay for them to remove Oddball from Halo 5 because there was no data saying that the majority of fans wanted Oddball in Halo 5?

We're really having a debate of the semantics that determine why staple features are missing from Halo and people are trying to justify it. That's just absurd.

The "majority" of fans don't want sprint in, as "data" as shown on numerous occasions and yet it's been in and will continue to be in Halo. What do we do with that, then?
I am a fan of oddball, but I've never once been up in arms when the mode wasn't included at launch because I understand that it likely isn't high on the list of most played game types. Is there a defined list somewhere that I've not seen of what items make the cut for a staple feature? Maybe I'll browse Halopedia.
Your post only succeeds in adding two additional things to your list of things you have no real information on; relying only on your and a handful of vocal other's opinions as a representative sample size of the whole player base. If you actually have references to this "data" that you are referring to, I'd be interested to see it. I'd be surprised if it is from an unbiased and reliable source though.

Please, let's not turn this into a debate on sprint. Let's call this thread what it is: a place for those that are upset about the exclusion of Elites and dual wielding to express their disappointment that the features they truly enjoy about Halo have not been given the attention they feel said features deserve.

I really am sorry that so many in the community feel betrayed by these decisions. I wish there was some way for everyone's hopes for Infinite to be fulfilled, but, as we all know, this is impossible. I'm not here to defend 343 decisions, I'm simply trying to offer a perspective that will hopefully help some see that 343 isn't actually trying to sabotage their own future. These are people that love halo, and are trying everyday to make the best halo game possible for as many people as possible. Again, I'm sorry for those that feel these decisions take away from their idea of the best halo game. I hope those that feel this way can still find enough of Halo left in Infinite to join the rest of the community on Zeta Halo. Overall, I'm optimistic, even if oddball isn't included.
LITTLE TE wrote:
The decision to not bring back dual wielding and playable elites, and Quinn's reasoning for them, all point to the same problem that myself and others have had with this company ever since the infamous "Trust Us" line from the Halo 4 multiplayer reveal trailer when they gave their reasonings for fundamentally changing Halo. It seems like 343 has always had the intention to make the Halo game that THEY want to play instead of what the majority of the fans want and keeping Halo, well, Halo. Infinite is supposed to be the game that brings the community back and be the system seller for Xbox Holiday 2021, but with each bit of information that they reveal I get a great sense that we are headed to the same ending as 343's previous installments. Man I hope I'm wrong.
I understand your feeling fully. 343i said that this was going to be a spiritual reboot, but yet missing features, and options are being confirmed with each community update.
I fear that 343i is going to trend chase yet again like they did with Halo 5 and advanced mobility. Like they did with Halo4 in an attempt to make it more like CoD. I think we will see a purchasable battle pass and battle royal. 10 years and 343i still hasn't given us a Halo game that truly evolves Halo3 with the Elements from Reach that worked extremely well.

We don't even have dual wielding in campaign, firefight, and custom games. Dual wielding could work fine in a social playlist, and Same could be said for playable elites. Many defend 343i and say "I dont blame them these features are a waste of resources." But Sprint, clamber, slide, ADS, Hit markers, weapon removal/replacement, and classic design changes. Non of these are a waste of resources in these people's eyes. 343i has a huge problem with respecting Halo and the fact that it is a pre-established franchise. And with this lack of respect comes disrespect towards those to were attracted to the series for what it originally was.

Another huge problem is that those who enjoy 343i games, aren't acknowledging this fact and brush off our frustration as "Halo needs to evolve and modernize in order to succeed in today's market." But if that was the case, why is Halo not back on top? 343i has released 3 games and neither has held the number 1 spot in number count. Halo gamers, still play games and gaming as a whole has become more normalized. So why didnt Halo 5 have Halo 3 numbers?
LITTLE TE wrote:
The decision to not bring back dual wielding and playable elites, and Quinn's reasoning for them, all point to the same problem that myself and others have had with this company ever since the infamous "Trust Us" line from the Halo 4 multiplayer reveal trailer when they gave their reasonings for fundamentally changing Halo. It seems like 343 has always had the intention to make the Halo game that THEY want to play instead of what the majority of the fans want and keeping Halo, well, Halo. Infinite is supposed to be the game that brings the community back and be the system seller for Xbox Holiday 2021, but with each bit of information that they reveal I get a great sense that we are headed to the same ending as 343's previous installments. Man I hope I'm wrong.
Lets be honest.
343i run on a single line.
"It's halo, they'll buy it"
Zelliam wrote:
LITTLE TE wrote:
Lets be honest.
343i run on a single line.
"It's halo, they'll buy it"
Aspects of that mentality were a bit present in the development of H5 in my opinion but its a bit cynical to project it onto all of 343 in my opinion. Updates to the MCC in recent years have been great and advertisements for infinite look like they are listening to their fanbase (although I said the same thing about the ads for H5...)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3