Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343 getting help from skybox labs

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

343 is getting help from skybox labs to make halo infinite they are the ones who did halo 5 forge as well as other Microsoft projects such as project spark if any of you remember that game

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-skybox-labs/
Hopefully they can dumb down on the forge for the simple people. I used to love forging up until Halo 5 idk something about it just throws me off .. maybe it's just too unique for me lol.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Going off Skybox Labs history it looks like they are working on the PC port.
Hopefully they can dumb down on the forge for the simple people. I used to love forging up until Halo 5 idk something about it just throws me off .. maybe it's just too unique for me lol.
I love all the additions Halo 5 made to Forge, but I haven't been able to forge since Halo 2: Anniversary. The controls are over-complicated and unnatural. I think the best option would be to provide multiple control schemes for Forge with one of them being the classic Forge controls we had in Halo 3, Reach, 4 and H2A. The more accessible Forge becomes, the better. The more people forging, the more amazing maps and ideas we will get out of it. I'd love to see Halo: Infinite's customer browser if they made its Forge easier to use than Halo 5's.
I was really excited when I heard this news. If you look at 343i's website they have several big positions open and the fact that Chris said they were still early in development had me worried as to how many years we'll have to wait yet on top of the almost 3 we've already waited. Adding 100 people definitely relieves that worry a bit :)
I wonder if the game is gonna be primarily developed by 343 and with Skybox merely helping with some stuff, or will it actually be a co-development?
I wonder if the game is gonna be primarily developed by 343 and with Skybox merely helping with some stuff, or will it actually be a co-development?
no idea
Getting help for a game is great and all, just hope every company is on the same page Or else it might launch like MCC
Getting help for a game is great and all, just hope every company is on the same page Or else it might launch like MCC
Yeah that’s the real issue. Getting help isn’t a problem, it’ll be how the two companies come together.
I agree with Crimson. While I can say 343 clearly needs some help with their games as MCC and H5 show, both have plenty of bugs even late in their life. Outside help can be an issue as it was with MCC how outside companies made different parts.
From the article, it sounds like it’s a lot more than Forge.

“ they’ll contributing across the board to Halo Infinite’s gameplay, AI, visuals, and networking.”

It it really does sound like co-development vs. just a little help. Which I’m fine with. I’m glad Microsoft is giving 343i the resources they need to make Infinite.
I wonder how much credit they’ll get for co-developing the game.