[Locked] 343 gotta be honest on this game engine

OP Cecchino123

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
That's a real disappointment over almost everithing i saw.
Let's get real: What i saw is that SLIPSPACE ENGINE is HALO 5 engine upgraded.

Now let's get trought.
AMBIENT OCCLUSION: If you compare the hands holding a weapon between halo 5 and infinite is the same thing, no occlusion. Now in infinite there's raytracing but looks all washed out.

SHADOWS: Can't see them. Gone? Objects does not cast shadows. I saw only the baked ones. Gotta hit those 60fps at REAL 4k render on a console.
LIGHTING: Now raytraced(hope so) but i don't think. Sometimes you see that light goes were it doesn't belong. Look again at objects and hands/player model.
ANTIALIASING: Now ON on console too.
RENDER DISTANCE: Way better than Halo5.

EFFECTS AND PARTICLES: Halo5 2.

ANIMATIONS: Nothing better since halo5. Sorry.. facial expressions. That's ok.
TEXTURES: Less but more detailed.

OVERALL QUALITY? Washed out and not so detailed. Too simplified but waaaay better than Halo4/5 artstyle.

So, coming to an end: this looks to me like a rebranded/reworked version of idTech or it's an upgraded Halo 5 engine(BLAM) not a brand new one.
Hope to see more improvements PC side this point. Hope to see a lighting/occlusion/shadows overhaul after this demo. This looks like 2016.
One word: Demo
That took 5 years.
Did you guys see the grass in the foreground vanishing? Also, LoD elements were popping in and out frequently instead of being phased...I hope that gets some attention before release.

Now let's get trought.
AMBIENT OCCLUSION: If you compare the hands holding a weapon between halo 5 and infinite is the same thing, no occlusion. Now in infinite there's raytracing but looks all washed out.

SHADOWS: Can't see them. Gone? Objects does not cast shadows. I saw only the baked ones. Gotta hit those 60fps at REAL 4k render on a console.
LIGHTING: Now raytraced(hope so) but i don't think. Sometimes you see that light goes were it doesn't belong. Look again at objects and hands/player model.

OVERALL QUALITY? Washed out and not so detailed. Too simplified but waaaay better than Halo4/5 artstyle.

So, coming to an end: this looks to me like a rebranded/reworked version of idTech or it's an upgraded Halo 5 engine(BLAM) not a brand new one.
Hope to see more improvements PC side this point. Hope to see a lighting/occlusion/shadows overhaul after this demo. This looks like 2016.
It’s Halo Infinite NOT Halo 5
I'm on your side - besides the things you said - Halo Infinite Gameplay looks now like kinda Apex Legends... I mean c'ammon what is this?

Also the story now with the Banished - I mean Halo Wars 1 was just a side story, not many people played it. Halo Wars 2 is also not played by that many persons - but hell there where first the Prometheans, Cortana seems like rulling the Galaxy, now the Banished looks like the new Covenant - the origin of them is also bad in my opinion cause Isabell said that the covenantn nearly crushed humanity but didn't stand a chance against the Banished [what!?]... I'm so dissapointed.
Most likely the quality of things will go down and not up, nobody ever goes "Wow this looks better then the closed demo they showed!"

Personally I think it looked great but everyone has to remember they need to program for the lowest common denominator which in this case is the xbox one. They've sort of kneecapped themselves because it HAS to run on inferior hardware its just no capable of rendering such high detail. Its possible the PC will get a bunch of patches down the road to increase it but for now it is what it is.

Now let's get trought.

It’s Halo Infinite NOT Halo 5
In fact, i made a comparison.
Did you guys see the grass in the foreground vanishing? Also, LoD elements were popping in and out frequently instead of being phased...I hope that gets some attention before release.
Xbox One X. Its obviously a downgrade from series X
I didn't even think it was a great visual.
It's the choice you've chosen to represent the vast world.
As for the visuals, Gears 5 seems more impressive.
If the enemy's AI etc. is an important point of HALO and it will suppress it
I think it will be a fun adventure.
The Halo wars 2 engine is more realistic than Halo Infinite Cartoon
Xbox One X. Its obviously a downgrade from series X
Is that what they used to process the demo? Even PUBG on console (which is a lacklustre port with bad graphics) phases the LoD for trees and grass.

The grass disappearing in the foreground is unacceptable for any generation of console. You are supposed to optimize stuff that you aren't focused on, not what's right in front of you.
My guess is most people weren't watching in a high quality stream. I was on apple tv 4k, 65 inch tv and it was beautiful
That took 5 years.
Yes, they spent 5 years on a demo ...
Halo 4 looks better than this. Their own game. 343 can do visuals so I'm confused what happened here.
My guess is most people weren't watching in a high quality stream. I was on apple tv 4k, 65 inch tv and it was beautiful
if your game looks cartoonish on 1080p then yes it is indeed cartoonish and no amount of pixels will change that.
Halo 4 looks better than this. Their own game. 343 can do visuals so I'm confused what happened here.
open world or bigger maps usually = less detail... not always but fairly often.
open world or bigger maps usually = less detail... not always but fairly often.
I raise you Halo 3 ODST. If they want a big map have it look worth exploring.
if your game looks cartoonish on 1080p then yes it is indeed cartoonish and no amount of pixels will change that.
Watching the 4k VOD right now and it looks great :shrugs:
Why would they show anything less than the highest graphical fidelity on their flagship IP to show off the power of their new console?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4