Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343 has NOTHING to show us.

OP Axiios

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I have been hopeful for this game since the first teaser trailer at E3 2018...I thought "I can't wait to learn more about the next Halo game." - a year went by & we were told NOTHING & shown NOTHING.

fast forward an entire year to the next E3 2019...we get an in-game cinematic...with 0 gameplay...& guess what? NOTHING else was told to us or shown to us.

People will read this and say - "The game is a year away...chill bro..." & although I complete agree and understand that stance...here is the reality - 343 has NOTHING to show for this game or the state that it's in...that should be a point of concern for the Halo community.

I love this game with all my heart, & would love to see Halo return to its throne as THE FPS to play...but at this point I just can't hold onto the false hope of 343 delivering.

IF they had a great game in the making, the would give us something to hold onto or to be hyped about. It's a shame how they have 0 to tell us or show us about this mysterious game that people are excited about.

If they don't release a VIDoc or info on the game, or gameplay soon...I can see people loosing interest.
I’m surprised nothing has been released. It could be a number of things. It’s no secret that there is a problem with leaks in the gaming industry. So maybe they’re wanting to keep everything hushed and only use E3 to give info. Or it could be there is internal development problems. Rest assured there’s a reason for it, but as to why we might not ever find out
I'm sorry to say but if the Discover Hope trailer didn't satisfy you then most likely nothing about Halo: Infinite will. That one cinematic trailer gave us quite a bit of information for us to speculate on and ever since its release people have literally been going through it frame-by-frame, picking apart all the little details to get more clues on the game.
The game's still far enough out that I am behind 343i withholding gameplay and too many particulars at this point.

What we have seen already is obviously is plenty for speculation fodder around here. I'm sure most of the guesses we make are going to end up various degrees of wrong, but this early in the hype cycle, 343 is smart to keep us in this indeterminate zone until way closer to release. Gears 5 did that exceptionally well, basically waiting to show much of the game until mere months before people could purchase and play the thing. It was a great way to keep expectations from running wild.

Halo 4's prerelease in particular did the very opposite, if I remember correctly. That game's marketing made promises for something so spectacular that, even if Halo 4 had been an exceptional game in the series, it never could've lived up to. I don't want to see a repeat of that with Infinite, personally.
Youre like the 18,000 person on the forum to say something like this. Just be patient my friend.
iSethFPS wrote:
Youre like the 18,000 person on the forum to say something like this. Just be patient my friend.
Which makes the issue/topic all the more valid.
honestly look what happened with halo 5. Yeah some people did enjoy the game, but they over hyped it way to much They showed a lot of stuff, and players and fans took these the wrong way and over hyped causing the game to be less then we expected. If anything they might be getting us eager too see a more finished project, which is clearly working. Patience is needed if nothing is shown anytime soon, normally they show something in February 2020
If we're talking vidocs exclusively, I highly recommend keeping up with the Halo Instagram page. They often post clips from sound recording sessions for Infinite.
They should probably show something at X019 in November.
I just personally think they are behind schedule, short-handed, & have overstated their ability to deliver here. Doesn't take a genius to see it folks.

Look at Any other AAA game developer and you can easily see a development process that has much more to show fans.

They have nothing to show & the game is prob going to pushed back at this point.
The last few halo games besides 5 havent had gameplay trailer until the e3 before the game releases. We will likely see small snippets before e3 but nothing substantial until then.
They could be waiting for something, 2 things come to mind:
1. Microsoft to properly reveal Scarlett. Halo Infinite is a launch title so they probably want to properly show off Scarlett's power with Infinite. Most likely full reveal of Scarlett is E3 2020.
2. Halo Reach for MCC to be released. If XB1 is getting Infinite flights first and flights are starting before E3 2020, it seems reasonable that info on the flights would start coming out sometime after the current XB1 flighting program (Reach) is fully completed. If this is the case then you can make predictions about when Reach launches.
They could be waiting for something, 2 things come to mind:
1. Microsoft to properly reveal Scarlett. Halo Infinite is a launch title so they probably want to properly show off Scarlett's power with Infinite. Most likely full reveal of Scarlett is E3 2020.
2. Halo Reach for MCC to be released. If XB1 is getting Infinite flights first and flights are starting before E3 2020, it seems reasonable that info on the flights would start coming out sometime after the current XB1 flighting program (Reach) is fully completed. If this is the case then you can make predictions about when Reach launches.
I think this sounds most logical. I’d say it’s safe to assume we won’t get any news until E3. And if we get anything before then, it will be the tiniest of details that still leave us in the dark as we are now. The only thing I can think of that will have info before E3 is that there is a December date in the trailer. Can’t recall the exact date, but it was an Easter egg that was found. But again, could be nothing
honestly look what happened with halo 5. Yeah some people did enjoy the game, but they over hyped it way to much They showed a lot of stuff, and players and fans took these the wrong way and over hyped causing the game to be less then we expected. If anything they might be getting us eager too see a more finished project, which is clearly working. Patience is needed if nothing is shown anytime soon, normally they show something in February 2020
Too be fair Halo 5 launched with less than we were used to with previous Halos in general...
Too be fair Halo 5 launched with less than we were used to with previous Halos in general...
It was launched with a huge lack of basic content that was described as “free dlc”. It was a marketing ploy, at least that’s how I see it.
Axiios wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
Which makes the issue/topic all the more valid.
No, it just makes you and the other 17,999 negative Nancys/Nathans paranoid and way too expectant. Halo: Infinite is likely going to show only the bare bones stuff up until release for any number of reasons that do not include:
  1. Being behind schedule
  2. Lacking in resources/dev teams
  3. Lacking in actual content
Since who knows how long ago, game dev's have always jumped on the hype train to assert their dominance in the entertainment ring to put out a game worth the attention of the players. This has become a common thing, so of course everyone expects it and of course any singular dev team that doesn't do it is going to come off as sketchy (because lets face it; Anthem was in dev hell for years and when it finally dropped, well, it really dropped.). But just because a dev team decides to play it safe, doesn't mean they're up to something or hiding something. 343i most likely wants the reveal to be special and with how often things get leaked that aren't meant to be viewed? It's not that surprising if their relative silence has been because they don't want anyone ruining the surprise.
Given the especially long development cycle and how ready and willing 343 was to show off Halo 5 at this stage last time around it is more than a little concerning that we have seen nothing of consequence.

Couple this with the creative director parting over a year before launch and you have very legitimate cause for concern. You can haggle over how much concern is warranted if you want, but the concern will still exist.

XO19 is really the last hope for any real news this year otherwise the totality of what we know about Infinite going into launch year will be: "Well it will probably be pretty..."
I'm sorry folks , but no concern is warranted (not over this any way). Every company saw the success of GTA 5 and Fall out 4 , and taken notes. Both games , although known and speculated about had no concrete details until about six months from launch, (GTA had some developer interviews where some game play elements where discussed , but no gameplay revealed) , and both have done exceedingly well. CD Projekt Red has taken this same approach with their gameplay reveals. I know it started showing things a little more than a year from launch , but that game has been in development since at least 2013 , but they had to show something just so people knew the game actually existed in some finished state. 343 has now been working on Halo Infinite for maybe 3 years , they have already given us atmosphere and major story beats (ZETA already destroyed and Humanity lost) , along with aesthetic design choices , so we know the game exists.

As CDPR said recently : " Releasing gameplay right away would make [later] game play presentations pointless and would significantly limit our chance to build hype. Why do we need to build hype? To get more gamers interested [in our game], and, hopefully, convince them to give it a go. Also, hype can turn into sales (after all, we are not a charity), and good sales allow us to grow, take creative risks and deliver new, great games for you to enjoy."

I have shortened it for brevity , you can read the full statement here.

So just be patient ,and know it never gets better than it is right now. The possibility of a great game on the horizon and all the speculation and prediction that comes with it. Once Infinite is released , it is what it is , for better or worse.
"Omg they have nothing to show us because they haven't released a trailer for months!"

Uh... You do realize that there's been longer gaps in a major game's development trailers, right? Like. I'd rather they take the time to polish things up before they show us more.
Well we're still far from release. It's looking good so far.

Meanwhile some did knew halo 5 would disspoint tho since they confirmed no split screen, btb won't be in release and req packs before halo 5 released which upsetted fans.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3