343 has NOTHING to show us.

OP Axiios

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Lleighvack wrote:
Also you need to think, this is the first halo to ship out the gate with a brand new console, a console that we have no clue about what's going on within it as well so Microsoft wants to have all this halo hype bundled up in that short period too to sell the console.
I recall Halo CE being a launch title for the original Xbox way back in November 2001. I also think we need a little info but the game is still a year or more away.
The game is a year away...chill bro...
Axiios wrote:
I have been hopeful for this game since the first teaser trailer at E3 2018...I thought "I can't wait to learn more about the next Halo game." - a year went by & we were told NOTHING & shown NOTHING.

fast forward an entire year to the next E3 2019...we get an in-game cinematic...with 0 gameplay...& guess what? NOTHING else was told to us or shown to us.

People will read this and say - "The game is a year away...chill bro..." & although I complete agree and understand that stance...here is the reality - 343 has NOTHING to show for this game or the state that it's in...that should be a point of concern for the Halo community.

I love this game with all my heart, & would love to see Halo return to its throne as THE FPS to play...but at this point I just can't hold onto the false hope of 343 delivering.

IF they had a great game in the making, the would give us something to hold onto or to be hyped about. It's a shame how they have 0 to tell us or show us about this mysterious game that people are excited about.

If they don't release a VIDoc or info on the game, or gameplay soon...I can see people loosing interest.
I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. At this point prior to Halo 5's release we hadn't seen any gameplay and Microsoft have made a point of doing shorter marketing cycles as they can hurt games.

One thing you need to also bear in mind is that at this point in development a lot of features/mechanics are still being finalised so they don't want to be hasty and show it all to have it cut.

Fans were also mad because Halo 5's marketing was misleading, the best way to avoid this is to leave it as late as reasonably possible so that the marketing doesn't run off scrapped story motifs such as the hunt the trust element of Halo 5.

From what I can tell behind the scenes everyone's pretty hyped for the game and are exited for fans to get their hands on it, but these things take time. You really need to be patient, it's not like they're sat twiddling their thumbs haha, they're working hard dude.
eviltedi wrote:
Lleighvack wrote:
Also you need to think, this is the first halo to ship out the gate with a brand new console, a console that we have no clue about what's going on within it as well so Microsoft wants to have all this halo hype bundled up in that short period too to sell the console.
I recall Halo CE being a launch title for the original Xbox way back in November 2001. I also think we need a little info but the game is still a year or more away.
I meant to put that Halo CE part, oops
Halo 5 released 2015,Halo Wars 2 released 2017,Reach remake probably 2019.Halo Infinite trailers were shown at E3 2018,2019,so how did they have not shown nothing?Or are short handed and don't deliver?
Red Dead 2 was in work for 7 years,Borderlands 3 was in work for 7 years,etc.And we didn't see anything for these games like couple months before release.Some games that were in development even longer,like FF15(almost 10 years)showed a lot,but when released was nothing like they have shown.
I mean we have to wait a whole year for the game pretty much but I could understand they want to keep us interested but I think we should have faith in them because they are putting so much time and money and work into the game to make it another Masterpiece in the halo franchise
Giving us gameplay would be stupid as hell - Say the game isn't fully complete and tested,people will look at the gameplay reveal and judge the game before it's release based solely on that - If there are bugs,we'll notice them and a majority of people will be put-off the game based only on the fact that it isn't finished.Gameplay reveals in my opinion are no good.
Giving us gameplay would be stupid as hell - Say the game isn't fully complete and tested,people will look at the gameplay reveal and judge the game before it's release based solely on that - If there are bugs,we'll notice them and a majority of people will be put-off the game based only on the fact that it isn't finished.Gameplay reveals in my opinion are no good.
Not that we need a gameplay reveal, but this is a pretty poor argument as to why there shouldn't be a gameplay reveal. At the end of the day, it's a collection of carefully choreographed and cherry picked clips that last a few seconds. They can give any impression they want if the game is in a remotely playable state. If there are bugs, they can, you know, not show them. A trailer is, fundamentally, not representative of the actual state of the game.
tsassi wrote:
Not that we need a gameplay reveal, but this is a pretty poor argument as to why there shouldn't be a gameplay reveal. At the end of the day, it's a collection of carefully choreographed and cherry picked clips that last a few seconds. They can give any impression they want if the game is in a remotely playable state. If there are bugs, they can, you know, not show them. A trailer is, fundamentally, not representative of the actual state of the game.
I agree but I was talking more about raw gameplay rather than a gameplay trailer - I just think that if there are no gameplay trailers being shown yet,that must either mean that the game is in a state in which gameplay can't be revealed yet or , more likely (mentioned above),Microsoft/343i want to avoid what happened with Halo 5's trailers and don't want to reveal anything substantial as of yet ( I worded my original comment poorly so I apologise for that )
Axiios wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
Youre like the 18,000 person on the forum to say something like this. Just be patient my friend.
Which makes the issue/topic all the more valid.
It doesn't make it more valid, I would much rather wait til the E3 before to get the gameplay dump, with H4 and even H5 we saw trailers and were spoonfed info for 2-3 years leading up to the game. As it is most games aren't considered Gold until just a few months prior to release. With both H4 and H5 there were many inconsistencies between the info and given and final product, letting many who followed the development disappointed.

Ultimately I think at the moment 343 is doing everything it has to, to dev a good game. They are listening to feedback, and bending over backwards for the community which is a hard task in this day and age. They are deving infinite, having multiple teams add Reach to MCC, bringing MCC to PC, overseeing multimedia products that adhere to the lore community, supporting a once dead Esports league, and way more. So please be patient we will get all the relevant info at e3 and the months prior to release.
i think some are worried a bit 2 much. I think if we get around to E3 or whatever main event it is next year and we dont see any gameplay of halo 6 then you can start asking questions. Right now we're a year off or even more as there is no official release date yet.

I do miss the dev updates of the games though that bungie use to do with halo 3, just small things like " hey guys look at our new water tech" Those things are really nice updates. i guess this time around with 343i they just dont want to put anything out there with the possibility that it wont make it to the final product.
A big hurdle to them showing something is that it is the launch game for a new console.

Their hands are tied until Microsoft officially launches the console.

Even though it would be an early "work in progress" people would be unforgiving with their speculation about the next xbox... is it 4K, what is the frame rate, any evidence of ray tracing?

Whatever they do show first has to be perfect. More so than any other game coming out at the same time. And it makes sense to hold EVERYTHING back for the console launch to maximise the hype.
It is valid to think the lack of information could be concerning. It is not unprecedented for premiere franchises to have very rocky developments in this day and age. 343 is not a studio to be trusted by many consumers. This in contrast to other studios that have mentioned in this thread (they are no CD Projekt, Rockstar, or even Gearbox) who are more tight lipped. Two senior level employees leaving within a few months only compounds this. Sure it is early but what is happening with Infinite does mirror cases where the end result was very poor (see Anthem).
I think it’s a marketing ploy courtesy of Microsoft. They probably want to save their flagship title to really hype up Scarlett. Granted there could be some issues at 343 right now due to 2 higher position leads leaving. But ultimately the game has set its course and its probably close to being finished. They built all the tools. They have a direction in mind. Everyone in the studio now knows the direction they’re going regardless of who’s over seeing the operation it’s still going to turn out how they planned it. There was a date to look forward to in the discover hope trailer. Assuming it really was a date and not just numbers. Patience is a virtue. Games over hype themselves and it’s probably a good thing they aren’t showing us stuff so we don’t overhype and place expectations that aren’t warranted yet.

I think they’ll deliver a much better product without the community judging every little thing they do. If they released stuff now. Everyone would praise and crucify them. I’d rather them work and not worry about us until closer til launch
Honestly with the culture of nitpicking and online rage (ala this post) I'm not surprised they're not showing anything, and I think it's smart of them to do so.

Show us something when it's truly polished.

That said, I definitely am ready for some actual Infinite news. Pretty keen to see what they've been cooking. They've had a good while this time.
honestly look what happened with halo 5. Yeah some people did enjoy the game, but they over hyped it way to much They showed a lot of stuff, and players and fans took these the wrong way and over hyped causing the game to be less then we expected. If anything they might be getting us eager too see a more finished project, which is clearly working. Patience is needed if nothing is shown anytime soon, normally they show something in February 2020
As far as gameplay goes I completely understand this point of view. As far as story though, the over hyping has already started and it's because 343 releases small little pieces of information so people have to work with what they have for theories and youtube content which leads to some extreme speculation, and chances are their theories and hopes will be nothing like infinites story. I don't really blame 343 all too much for that, that's more of a community fault in my eyes but the frequent content droughts don't help
You guys are seriously seeing what you want to see here. Development for infinite is obviously not going well...& you can sit here & give me stats & your version of misguided hope for the series, but it doesn't change the facts. Leadership at 343 has bailed...MLG pros who were working on the game left...the games CREATIVE DIRECTOR left...like seriously come on...wake up people. Things aren't going well with this game.

343 spent a good chunk of 2019 making a pre-rendered "in-game" engine cinematic...that's what they had to show us on the biggest platform they had...an entire YEAR after revealing their game at E3 2018....

There is major cause for concern. No one is being negative here, it's called being realistic.
Axiios wrote:
You guys are seriously seeing what you want to see here. Development for infinite is obviously not going well...& you can sit here & give me stats & your version of misguided hope for the series, but it doesn't change the facts. Leadership at 343 has bailed...MLG pros who were working on the game left...the games CREATIVE DIRECTOR left...like seriously come on...wake up people. Things aren't going well with this game.

343 spent a good chunk of 2019 making a pre-rendered "in-game" engine cinematic...that's what they had to show us on the biggest platform they had...an entire YEAR after revealing their game at E3 2018....

There is major cause for concern. No one is being negative here, it's called being realistic.
There is a lot of irony going on in this post right here.
Thorulfr wrote:
Honestly with the culture of nitpicking and online rage (ala this post) I'm not surprised they're not showing anything, and I think it's smart of them to do so.

Show us something when it's truly polished.

That said, I definitely am ready for some actual Infinite news. Pretty keen to see what they've been cooking. They've had a good while this time.
This. If I was a developer studio, and I had a fan base this annoying, complete with 50% of the population constantly denouncing something the other 50% like, I would want to wait as long as possible before releasing specific details and adding more fuel to the fire (because it's inevitable). Just imagine the hypothetical situation where in November of this year, they release a 30 second teaser of gameplay that confirms something like sprint. Right then and there, half the fans will blow up. The arguing will be at full force, a chunk of the population will vow to never play it, and the game will be proclaimed dead. All this a solid year before the title even launches.

So yeah, while it sucks, I'm not expecting a huge info dump until E3 2020, and from there they'll just ride the hype/hysteria short-term to launch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3