Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343 hires Aaron Linde as Lead Narrative Designer

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

His account protected, but you can see on his Twitter, he's recently been hired on to 343 as the Lead Narrative Designer. What are your thoughts?
Looks like he has Corgi. And that’s my favorite type of dog. He’s alright in my book!!

Other then that, don’t know what games he’s known for. I see he worked for Bungie, so did he work for them durring the halo days or Destiny?
Yo Erk wrote:
Looks like he has Corgi. And that’s my favorite type of dog. He’s alright in my book!!

Other then that, don’t know what games he’s known for. I see he worked for Bungie, so did he work for them durring the halo days or Destiny?
Destiny, but this was only for a few months
Might be paranoid, but I don't like how he included "destroy capitalism", doesn't give good vibes. I know it's part of a joke, but still, doesn't feel right.
Don't know much else of what he's done. Though he's not in charge of the narrative, that's still Paul Crocker and Dan Chosich.
Here’s his LinkedIn for those curious.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronlinde

i think he’ll do fine. He has a decent body of work.
That sounds very similar to Dan Chosich's role, is he getting replaced or is Aaron going to work with Dan?
That sounds very similar to Dan Chosich's role, is he getting replaced or is Aaron going to work with Dan?
Dan Chosich has the postition of Narrative Experience Director, while Aaron will be Lead Narrative Director. I think Aaron will help bring the narrative to gameplay this late into development. Paul Crocker and Dan Chosich are in charge of the narrative and writing.
Dan Chosich has the postition of Narrative Experience Director, while Aaron will be Lead Narrative Director. I think Aaron will help bring the narrative to gameplay this late into development. Paul Crocker and Dan Chosich are in charge of the narrative and writing.
Alright cool, the two trailers we've gotten were amazing and I didn't want anything to mess with the vibes we've been getting so far.
Alright cool, the two trailers we've gotten were amazing and I didn't want anything to mess with the vibes we've been getting so far.
Don't think a huge amount will change, as we're a little over a year until the game releases.
Hopefully it will be a good thing but I don't know what exactly will change if anything. I think 343i is doing a good job as far as art and trailers but only time will tell if the game is good. I'm super hyped for HI but still nervous that 343 is going to do something terrible.
Reading through this thread, I'm impressed at how many apparently redundant creative job titles 343 has- so, it's hard to say how I might feel about this guy getting one of these jobs without knowing exactly what the job entails. I guess this is par for the course anymore, but it still shocks me to see how convoluted these intercorporate chains of command can be.
Reading through this thread, I'm impressed at how many apparently redundant creative job titles 343 has- so, it's hard to say how I might feel about this guy getting one of these jobs without knowing exactly what the job entails. I guess this is par for the course anymore, but it still shocks me to see how convoluted these intercorporate chains of command can be.
This is why job descriptions are more important.
Don't think a huge amount will change, as we're a little over a year until the game releases.
I sure hope so, not like it's unheard of.
I sure hope so, not like it's unheard of.
Thankfully Microsoft said they’re not pushing it back. They’re really banking on this being the launch title for the next-gen Xbox.
I really hope this is not a sign of a last-minute direction change and story rewrite, especially since Tim Longo left the project recently ...
This is quite a good sign.