Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343 needs to re-think free to play multiplayer

OP DIlzZzY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Since the announcement of this new undetectable hack that gives you a soft aim bot etc, I'm afraid a great anti cheat won't be able to detect it. It will also be able to be used on every device. Xbox, ps5, Nintendo, PC etc

From my understanding, instead of code injection it will work like a cronus but be way stronger. Infinite could be the best Halo ever completely destroyed by F2P cheaters
There is zero chance they go back on the f2p decision. The PR nightmare that would come from “just kidding, we lied. You do have to pay for it” would be insane.
If the cheat is "undetectable", being free to play vs paid won't help that much.

That said, nothing is undetectable, and the tools are constantly catching up to the hacks. You just have to hope that they are vigilant.
Yeah, they already made the F2P announcement which is huge they can't go back on that now. All we can do is hope the anti-cheat works or there's a good in-game report system and the banning is more severe than just an account ban.
Talking about a hack that ain't even in the game that ain't even out yet.

Chill, bro. We see cheating in every game sometimes, nothing we can do about it except hope the devs do everything they can to fix it asap.
Gonna have cheaters either way, personally I'd rather have a big pop than small one.
Gonna have cheaters either way, personally I'd rather have a big pop than small one.
This.

Either way the casuals and vets have a good time. The way it is now in MCC is extremely lop sided.
Unfortunately cheating will always happen, let's just hope they can minimise it as much as possible.

Will be frustrating playing against cheaters at the upper end of ranked, but people used to do it in Halo 2 and Halo 3. You just reported and played some more.
Ken2379 wrote:
Unfortunately cheating will always happen, let's just hope they can minimise it as much as possible.

Will be frustrating playing against cheaters at the upper end of ranked, but people used to do it in Halo 2 and Halo 3. You just reported and played some more.
In Halo 3 generals would actually de rank. They would manipulate the given system. If you win hard one game you would stand down the next so the algorithm would let you win next time. Otherwise the system would fault you for being good.

It's not cheating just manipulation.
Cheaters are an inevitability in any multiplayer game whether free to play or not. Their is no real full proof way to ensure that cheating will never happen simply due to the nature of the arms race between cheating and anti-cheat detection technology both improving to counter one another. As people have mentioned before, 343 going back on free to play would look really bad on them pr wise and we'll just have to hope that infinite will have a decent anti-cheat as well as a good reporting system when hackers do show up.
That's when I think is the best moment to kick in some system like CS:GO did with latest operation's matchmaking change. Infinite needs to add some sort of matchmaking isolated from non BattlePass players, so the players with BattlePass could choose if they want or don't want to play with players that don't have Seasonal Pass / BattlePass etc. Point is, if you pay you BattlePass like $20, you can choose to play matchmaking only with players that also have BattlePass and not with ones that don't have. I think this is the best system to get rid of cheaters, at least in paid matchmaking. Also, they should give some players ability to spectate and monitor games, so if they see something suspicious, they can report that and let 343i see that report. After 343i dude sees that, he needs to watch reported player's gameplay trough Theater and see if he did something suspicious. That will decide if players will be banned or not.
I'm going to assume you mean this, which seems to have already been stopped.

https://mspoweruser.com/user-vision-pro-has-been-shut-down-by-activision/

At any rate, some script kiddies getting stronger aim assist isn't anywhere near the level of what you can do on PC. I'm more worried about that. There have been a steady stream of articles from CoD Warzone where they consistently ban tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of accounts for cheating. Problem is that with a free game they can just keep making new accounts. Hopefully they have some way to combat this for Halo.
Cheaters are an inevitability in any multiplayer game whether free to play or not. Their is no real full proof way to ensure that cheating will never happen simply due to the nature of the arms race between cheating and anti-cheat detection technology both improving to counter one another. As people have mentioned before, 343 going back on free to play would look really bad on them pr wise and we'll just have to hope that infinite will have a decent anti-cheat as well as a good reporting system when hackers do show up.
They don't have a population now so of course they would want everyone free to play. Their last 2 games were flops
iseeOwls wrote:
They don't have a population now so of course they would want everyone free to play. Their last 2 games were flops
I think that H5 had a great multiplayer, only problem was that it's only platform was Xbox One, so that's what killed Halo multiplayer. Now, connecting all players together in one game with crossplay and more is great!
DIlzZzY wrote:
Since the announcement of this new undetectable hack that gives you a soft aim bot etc, I'm afraid a great anti cheat won't be able to detect it. It will also be able to be used on every device. Xbox, ps5, Nintendo, PC etc

From my understanding, instead of code injection it will work like a cronus but be way stronger. Infinite could be the best Halo ever completely destroyed by F2P cheaters
The problem will be across all fps not just halo and f2p or not won't matter.
Welcome to the rebirth of the single player experience with a renewed emphasis on smart ai and level design co op elemons . games like doom eternal and destiny raids are in the box seat and already there

halo will just have to follow suit with pve inavations or die .as it seems the days of low effort mp cosmetic content finally caught up with and bite the industry .
I’ve heard about these before, but I think the gaming industry will create an anti cheat software to combat it. If that doesn’t work maybe the match making will sort the OP hackers with each other because they are that good. That last theory is more of a wish than a prediction btw.
iseeOwls wrote:
Considering how long Halo 5 lasted without totally blacking out (Only a few 'mildly unpopular' game modes/lists ever really reached a critical state) and still gets large amounts of people asking "But what about Steam?" years later.... I think 5 is more a "Mixed bag - love it or hate it" than a genuine 'Flop' - not trying to change any minds here of course, but from my experience 5 was more a mixed bag. (Not that I didn't enjoy Dominion in 4 mind you.....)Back on-topic, there's no way in the world that 343's going to change FTP at this stage in development, let alone over something that'd be an issue regardless.
This is exactly why I will not be playing against PC kids...
iseeOwls wrote:
It’s news to me that any halo FPS game has ever been a flop.
Down for IP bans, ngl
but like the other guy said, if it is actually "undetectable" (which I doubt) it will stay in the game even if it's paid.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3